Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650201 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3765 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »
I think being able to edit posts is essential for any message board. Deleting them just leads to confusion.

I thought Smash was released later in October...

Shows what I know. I've been too wrapped up in Dangan Ronpa 2. XD

Early thoughts on DanganRonpa 1 compared to/vs. DanganRonpa 2?

Me?!

*Grumbles crankily* Starting on 10/25, in addition to turning another year older, I'll also be receiving a B-Day gift of a PSTV -AND- I'm very happy now that I've held off on playing ALL ("all" only = 15, or so) of my Vita games in the hopes of playing them on a big, HD screen & with a PS3 and/or a PS4 controller because...almost each & every one of them as been confirmed as being compatible w/ the PSTV  ;D

btw - What's the consensus here on how important & necessary it is to play 999 before playing VLR: Zero Escape?

While I'm psyched that I can & will be playing VLR: Zero Escape through my PSTV...using my handheld systems are strictly "last" and "only" resort for me, as they're not at all conveniently, ergonomically, or comfortably-designed and/or configured with one-handed gamers in mind  :-\

2 more random questions -

1). Can any of you tell me what "batik" is/means?

2). Anyone here play "Theresia" on the DS?  If so, how is it & what's its story/what's it about?

The review is up for DR2. It did some things better and some things worse, but all in all it was a fun game that I recommend to anyone. Also you must -MUST- play 999 before VLR, preferably in quick succession. Otherwise, VLR will not have as much meaning for you.

Now I need to decide on what to play next. I'm leaning towards Ar nosurge or Suikoden II. I have until the end of November before Tales of Hearts comes out for the Vita.

argyle

« Reply #3766 on: October 01, 2014, 03:32:24 pm »
Now I need to decide on what to play next. I'm leaning towards Ar nosurge or Suikoden II. I have until the end of November before Tales of Hearts comes out for the Vita.

Have you ever played S2 before?  If not, then I wholeheartedly recommend you play it ASAP!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #3767 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:55 pm »

Have you ever played S2 before?  If not, then I wholeheartedly recommend you play it ASAP!  ;D
Seconded. It's really an awesome game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #3768 on: October 01, 2014, 05:16:50 pm »
I have not played it yet! Maybe that will be the one!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3769 on: October 01, 2014, 05:26:32 pm »
maybe that will be the one!

:'(

Seriously, Kash...I thought that I was

"The One"

*heart breaks*   :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3770 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »
Actually, the guy in this video is The One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FQhrBOovzQ

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3771 on: October 02, 2014, 08:27:35 am »
Actually, the guy in this video is The One:

Hahaha!

I can admit when I'm outclassed  ;D

Then again, that's kind of a shallow 'victory' since it doesn't take much class at all to have more than I do  :P

Attention Amazon Shoppers!!!

(Assuming that there's been no sales and/or changes between when I checked and when you do) =

- Are you interested in/looking for the PS3 Tales of Symphonia "cube" LE?

If so, step right in & Walk this Way!

- We have a good number of used -but- complete + in mint condition options for you to consider & choose from,

- *However*, should you care to save a bit of your hard(ly)-earned money...why, we have the identical item (true - in the interest of fair & full disclosure), we must be up-front in disclosing the fact that - should you decide to save some cash & elect to purchase our more inexpensive version...instead of receiving one of our complete + in mint condition LE's, you will instead need to be willing to accept & settle for one of our brand new & still factory-sealed ones  :o

Fackin' gamers, sellers, and resellers today; eh?

PT Barnum underestimated our race when he said "minute" instead of "second"  :'(

kashell

« Reply #3772 on: October 02, 2014, 09:36:31 am »
Le what? Did I miss something? XD

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3773 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »
So I'm back at my parents while I save up/look for a house (hopefully find something by the end of the year) and I'm back in my old room and good lord, I have no room lol. I got both of my tv's all my systems/games and my big chair. hardly have room for anything else.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3774 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:21 am »
So, I think that I've now watched about the first 2/3 of season #1 of "Orange is the New Black".

Anyone else here seen, liked, disliked, and/or have any thoughts or opinions on it...good or bad?

From what I've seen so far, I'd put it at about a 6.5 out of 10.

(Depending on the person, their age, and how many of them they've already seen), add and/or subtract a point or so for being the 'pretty standard & generic, typical & done-to-death "Female/Lesbian & Bi Women in Prison" thing'.

Likewise, add and/or subtract a point or so depending on your like/dislike of a ton of gratuitous female & male, frontal & rear nudity + an..."obscene" amount of obscenity.

I'd add...most people would/should subtract for a lot of slang, terms, and jargon that will be alien, wasted, and just plain, old lost on those who haven't actually done any time themselves.

Finally, I'd add a point for the implementation of & the character's back-stories themselves...they're done & handled quite well, IMO.

argyle

« Reply #3775 on: October 03, 2014, 11:13:55 am »
So, I think that I've now watched about the first 2/3 of season #1 of "Orange is the New Black".

Anyone else here seen, liked, disliked, and/or have any thoughts or opinions on it...good or bad?

(Depending on the person, their age, and how many of them they've already seen), add and/or subtract a point or so for being the 'pretty standard & generic, typical & done-to-death "Female/Lesbian & Bi Women in Prison" thing'.

Likewise, add and/or subtract a point or so depending on your like/dislike of a ton of gratuitous female & male, frontal & rear nudity + an..."obscene" amount of obscenity.

I'd add...most people would/should subtract for a lot of slang, terms, and jargon that will be alien, wasted, and just plain, old lost on those who haven't actually done any time themselves.

Finally, I'd add a point for the implementation of & the character's back-stories themselves...they're done & handled quite well, IMO.

Thanks, I've been curious about that show and I think you've told me enough to know it's probably not for me. :) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3776 on: October 03, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

I watched both seasons.  I really liked the show.  After a while, I quit noticing all the nudity.  It's just part of the show.  In fact, most of the nudity is not nudity that you really want to see. 

I don't really know what I'd rate it, but 6.5 is too low for me.  8.5 maybe?  It's good stuff.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3777 on: October 03, 2014, 11:31:16 am »
H.E.L.P.!   :-\

I just received a couple of items in the mail --and-- it's ALL Japanese to me  :'(

No...*Literally* Everything is printed in Japanese only!

I can, however, make out the bar code numbers; they are:

4 995506 022204

AND

4 995506 021931

If it's possible - can anyone here identify & add these items for me, so I can add em to my collection?

FWIW = you'll win my goodwill + I'll owe ya one  8) 

karyann

« Reply #3778 on: October 03, 2014, 11:52:46 am »
H.E.L.P.!   :-\

I just received a couple of items in the mail --and-- it's ALL Japanese to me  :'(

No...*Literally* Everything is printed in Japanese only!

I can, however, make out the bar code numbers; they are:

4 995506 022204

AND

4 995506 021931

If it's possible - can anyone here identify & add these items for me, so I can add em to my collection?

FWIW = you'll win my goodwill + I'll owe ya one  8)

Can you take a picture? Maybe some of us who study Japanese can read something and help  :)

karyann

« Reply #3779 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:08 am »
accidentally quoted myself instead of editing, please disregard this post  here and refer to the above instead ::)