Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650639 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3810 on: October 06, 2014, 07:43:37 am »
Anyone ever hear of a website called Cubed3? Someone on there reached out to me and wanted to see if I would write reviews for them. My biggest concern is that I only have on modern Nintendo system: a 3DS. Other than that, I wouldn't be able to contribute much. >__>

why not?

you've already got a proof-reader working for free  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3811 on: October 06, 2014, 11:28:45 am »
We went and picked up The Boy's Skylanders he had preordered.  Got the thing home and it had an hour's worth of updates to do.  Then, we get the silly thing updated and the game won't recognize the silly portal.  Needless to say, I had a disappointed kid that had been saving his money to blow on Skylanders and then it won't work. 

Good news is Activision already has a new portal in the mail.  I will say, their customer service is top notch.  I really appreciate those folks.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3812 on: October 06, 2014, 11:59:24 am »
Good news is Activision already has a new portal in the mail.  I will say, their customer service is top notch.  I really appreciate those folks.

Agreed!

IMO, a company's customer service, customer appreciation, and the speed with which they acknowledge their mistakes & the manner in which they address, placate & compensate their customers & resolve these mistakes, is much more important and says a hell of a lot more about the company than the original *making* of the mistake does.

It's surely not coincidental that, the company that I've been a fan of & supporting for the longest amount of time and - the company that has (by a land-slide), received the most money from me...is the very same company that has pleased me the most in the terms of their customer service, their helpfulness, courtesy, and - most importantly, in my book - the company that has made me feel (and continuously *shows* me) just how much they do appreciate & value having and keeping me as a customer.

The fact that I truly do enjoy playing the games that they make & publish AND the fact that (99% of the time), regardless of what the game that I've purchased from them is...I can buy it, play it, and then resell it for more than I paid for it; are all just happy extras (read: gravy)!  ;D

kashell

« Reply #3813 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »
In my experience, I have never had a negative issue with any video game company's customer service. I have dealt with Atlus, XSeed, Aksys and N1 and none of them gave me any issues.

soera

« Reply #3814 on: October 06, 2014, 01:25:34 pm »
We went and picked up The Boy's Skylanders he had pre-ordered.  Got the thing home and it had an hour's worth of updates to do.  Then, we get the silly thing updated and the game won't recognize the silly portal.  Needless to say, I had a disappointed kid that had been saving his money to blow on Skylanders and then it won't work. 

Let me know how the game is when you get it. I just bought 2 characters (Chopper and Funny bone) + a free life trap but I really dont know if I want to get the game yet.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3815 on: October 06, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »
We went and picked up The Boy's Skylanders he had pre-ordered.  Got the thing home and it had an hour's worth of updates to do.  Then, we get the silly thing updated and the game won't recognize the silly portal.  Needless to say, I had a disappointed kid that had been saving his money to blow on Skylanders and then it won't work. 

Let me know how the game is when you get it. I just bought 2 characters (Chopper and Funny bone) + a free life trap but I really dont know if I want to get the game yet.

I'll do it.  I'm figuring it's going to be more of the same, but we'll wait and see.  He's pumped on it right now.  Maybe he'll stay with it for a while. 

foxhack

« Reply #3816 on: October 06, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »
In my experience, I have never had a negative issue with any video game company's customer service. I have dealt with Atlus, XSeed, Aksys and N1 and none of them gave me any issues.

Don't you ever send a support request to Valve.

It's almost a month and they still haven't replied to mine.

abe

« Reply #3817 on: October 06, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »

N1's "support prinnies" have been my favorite experience so far with customer service from a video game company. They're polite, fast, and actually use "dood" in their messages when they're helping you. ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #3818 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:18 pm »
I just bought a Nintendo 3DS theme and I have to say, they look (and sound) pretty cool! I got the Hanafuda one, because I felt like the Mario & cie and Zelda ones are kind of unoriginal...  :-\  The mushrooms theme with the Super Mario Bros 3 "mushroom" music is really cool, though! And I can't wait for the Animal Crossing ones to be available.

And I just bought the robot dog DLC for Tokyo Jungle because I suck at surviving and this will make it easier. And I'm thinking of buying the Chau Knives DLC for Scott Pilgrim. What's happening with me and downloadables today?  :o

kashell

« Reply #3819 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:40 pm »
Phase 2 of Ar nosurge completed.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3820 on: October 08, 2014, 07:43:56 am »
Phase 2 of Ar nosurge completed.

still working on finishing the 1st phase!

*Edit*

Speaking of, I've just found/rescued the girl from the Churchs' cathedral -and- (it's looking like) I'm to return to Felion w/ her next...am I getting close to the end of the 1st phase yet?

Pier Solar

just noticed that it's on both the PS3 & PS4.  Anyone tried it out yet; on any systems - what's it like/about?

Any differences between PS3 & PS4 other than better graphics & controller on the PS4?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:30:07 am by disgaeniac »

foxhack

« Reply #3821 on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:16 pm »
Any differences between PS3 & PS4 other than better graphics & controller on the PS4?

Better graphics? It's a pixel art based game, so graphics should be the same.

And yaaaaaaaaaay I think I'm gonna have a wisdom tooth removed. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i hate this.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3822 on: October 08, 2014, 01:27:46 pm »

Better graphics? It's a pixel art based game, so graphics should be the same.

I just bought & downloaded it on my PS4.

FOX, afaik - I'm pretty sure that there's an option where you can choose between pixel vs HD graphics; not 100% sure about that, though...

foxhack

« Reply #3823 on: October 08, 2014, 01:37:47 pm »
I just bought & downloaded it on my PS4.

FOX, afaik - I'm pretty sure that there's an option where you can choose between pixel vs HD graphics; not 100% sure about that, though...

This option is present in the PC version too, that's why I say the graphics on PS3 and PS4 should be no different. Both versions have the same artwork data to choose from.

argyle

« Reply #3824 on: October 08, 2014, 01:42:52 pm »
Even if there's no content/graphical difference in a game (like Natural Doctrine) I still prefer to get it on the PS4 because of the system's interface bells & whistles - ability to capture video/screenshots, ease of switching to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon & watching something and then switching right back to where I paused the game, etc.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis