Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651709 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4035 on: October 20, 2014, 12:46:23 pm »
Lawl  ;D

Apparently Vic Ireland's been pretty current & consistent in posting on the G*FAQ's board for Class of Heroes 2G game & LE...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995396-class-of-heroes-2g/69506580

...AND

...he got his ass modded  :o

(26th post)  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4036 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »
Can you send a link to that review? My guess is that there might be a bit of embellishing, but one of the features of the game is that it styled itself after a visual novel. 150 minutes seems really -REALLY- extreme.

Ask and ye shall receive, my friend  ;)

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/10/16/review-tears-to-tiara-ii-heir-of-the-overlord/111805/

argyle

« Reply #4037 on: October 20, 2014, 12:53:55 pm »
Tears to Tiara II has an instruction manual that is in English only, color and explains everything. That is how you make an instruction manual. I'm really excited to try this game when I get the chance.

Other than the manual though, it's just like another RoAW game (all JP dialogue w/ Engrish subs); right Kashy?

With the dialogue and subs? Yes. Regarding the game play, sort of? You can adjust the difficulty at any time, undo turns and it looks like there is only one ending.

yeah, that's what I thought.

I just read a review of it (by someone who liked it) and, the only turn-off was mentioning a...

...wait for it -

150 minute

cut scene + text that has to be gone through in one shot, to get to the next save point  >:(

*Shudders; reminded of SO: TtEoT  :-\

Damn, that's like an average movie  :o Is there a hint or something before the cutscene that warns about its length?

That's the length of a LONG movie - I watched Winter Soldier this weekend and it was *only* 2:15, 150mins = 2:30!  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #4038 on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:07 pm »
Tears to Tiara II has an instruction manual that is in English only, color and explains everything. That is how you make an instruction manual. I'm really excited to try this game when I get the chance.

Other than the manual though, it's just like another RoAW game (all JP dialogue w/ Engrish subs); right Kashy?

With the dialogue and subs? Yes. Regarding the game play, sort of? You can adjust the difficulty at any time, undo turns and it looks like there is only one ending.

yeah, that's what I thought.

I just read a review of it (by someone who liked it) and, the only turn-off was mentioning a...

...wait for it -

150 minute

cut scene + text that has to be gone through in one shot, to get to the next save point  >:(

*Shudders; reminded of SO: TtEoT  :-\

That sounds awesome. :D I actually really want to start playing it now, though not being able to save until you're finished does suck.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4039 on: October 20, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »
Did ya read the review, Kash?

kashell

« Reply #4040 on: October 20, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »
As expected, the website is blocked when I'm at work so I'm going to have to wait until I get home. Or I'll print it out at home and bring it to work so I have some light reading material. *sigh* I really want to see what ole' Vic did this time, too.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4041 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

Damn it all, Kash!  :o

I was all set to break-in my PS4 with Natural Doctrine (after platting Ar no Surge) -but- after reading this comment of yours...of course I had to give the manual a read myself and - not only is it exactly as you described it, but - reading through it got me interested enough in the game to kick Natural Doctrine (temporarily:) to the curb, and up-jump Tears to Tiara II to my new "on-deck" game.  8)

I really like how (when using buffs/debuffs) the strength of the caster plays into it (ie a strong caster uses "ATK up" on an ally then, if a weaker caster also casts "ATK up" on the same character = his strength will still be raised from his original stat *BUT*, at the same time, it will lower his ATK # from what the 'stronger' caster had previously raised it to); I'm liking that.  ;D

One of my pet peeves, though  >:(

When a game has an option to equip "optimal/recommended" gear, but...doesn't tell you what the "best" is based on.  :-\

Did you read/what did you make of that review for the game that I linked to yesterday?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4042 on: October 21, 2014, 07:44:36 pm »
It's looking like Bayonetta 2 is going to be my #1,000

pacpix

« Reply #4043 on: October 22, 2014, 12:46:41 am »
It's looking like Bayonetta 2 is going to be my #1,000
You should probably consider adding a more exciting and rare game as 1000 like Super Mario/Duck Hunt!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #4044 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:56 am »
@dark: You will have to let me know what you think if you end up diving in before I do. I'm still reading through the instruction manual. During longer parts of Tales of Symphonia, I just mash the circle button and read the manual. It is seriously one of the best manuals I have seen in years. The last one that comes to mind that was as thorough and colorful was the one for Radiant Historia. Once I'm officially done with Symphonia, I doubt I will get around to playing TtTII. Tales of Hearts is going to be my game du jour and I am going to be LIVING for it. XD

I'm thinking of adding some odds and ends type of games to my collection. I really like obscure and retro titles, so lately I have had my sights set on the following PS2 titles. If anyone can comment, that would be great.

Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Forever Kingdom
Orphen

Whether or not I play them to completion is a different story, but as dark knows, I have very odd taste.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4045 on: October 22, 2014, 02:16:20 pm »
@dark: You will have to let me know what you think if you end up diving in before I do. I'm still reading through the instruction manual. During longer parts of Tales of Symphonia, I just mash the circle button and read the manual. It is seriously one of the best manuals I have seen in years. The last one that comes to mind that was as thorough and colorful was the one for Radiant Historia. Once I'm officially done with Symphonia, I doubt I will get around to playing TtTII. Tales of Hearts is going to be my game du jour and I am going to be LIVING for it. XD

I'm thinking of adding some odds and ends type of games to my collection. I really like obscure and retro titles, so lately I have had my sights set on the following PS2 titles. If anyone can comment, that would be great.

Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Forever Kingdom
Orphen

Whether or not I play them to completion is a different story, but as dark knows, I have very odd taste.

Heh, I don't know how "odd" I'd call your tastes, since there seems to be a decent amount of overlap between the games & types of games that both of us enjoy ;)

Oxymoronic though it may be, I'd say that our tastes are both 'niche' -but- also diverse at the same time ;D

Anyway, Kashy - as we both know, I'm about as noobish & ignorant concerning anime...as I am tech. :-[

I know that you (and, probably just about everyone else here) both knows a hell of a lot more about anime & has seen a hell of a lot more different animes than I have. 

That said, since the timing works out well - with me needing a few more days to finish up & plat Ar no Surge, and, like I said...planning to jump right into Tears to Tiara 2 next; I just went ahead and ordered the original Tears to Tiara blu ray set from Amazon, so I can watch it + better know, understand, and appreciate the characters + the world, events, and history of what's already happened & what's going on.

Also, thanks/due to a recommendation from ole CreekCo, from a year or 2 ago...while I was at it...I also went ahead and ordered the blu ray compilation set of Fate Extra (another backlogged PSP game of mine).

Have you watched both of these?

How are they/what are they about; think I'll like them?

And...while I'm interrogating you - you never let me know if you read that Tears to Tiara 2 review that I linked you to a couple of days ago + what you thought about that 150-minute cut scene/event; truth or exaggeration?

Also, if anyone else has seen/knows about these animes...feel free to chime in!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4046 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:57 pm »
PS:

I just thought I'd add the links to exactly which items I ordered...there were a lot of different "Fates" to choose from; so

Fate/Stay Night

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBU7K88/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item_image#

AND

Tears to Tiara

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XJDSZO/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item_image

kashell

« Reply #4047 on: October 22, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »
I knew I forgot to mention something! XD Sorry, darkypoo. I read most of the review. Then I started getting sleepy. Not because of the review being poorly written, but because I was really tired. ^^ I read the conclusion and it sounds like its going to be a very demanding game. I'm excited to dive into it, but the timing will have to be right. It will be during a lull period of stuff coming out.

Anyways, anime. Tears to Tiara has been great so far. I'm on episode 7 of the series and I really enjoy it. Fate/Extra is something I'm not too familiar with aside from the PSP RPG that was released over here. The game was garbage, but the plot was very intriguing. I really wish I could have seen more of it. But the game play was making me buy a one-way ticket to Nopeville. The story revolves around something called the Holy Grail War. It's kind of like a virtual reality, but if you die in the game you die in real life DUN DUN DUN! If you survive the game, you get a wish granted. There's way more to it and I'm sure the anime has more detail, but that's about as much as I know. Lately, I've been watching the following anime:

Tears to Tiara
Blade Dance of Elementalers
Sailor Moon Crystal
The Devil is a Part-timer

All excellent. Be sure to let me know what you think of the Tears to Tiara anime! "Get on the freedom dream!" XD

davifus

« Reply #4048 on: October 22, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »
PS:

I just thought I'd add the links to exactly which items I ordered...there were a lot of different "Fates" to choose from; so

Fate/Stay Night

AND

Tears to Tiara

That specific fate/stay night is saber's route.
Fate zero is a prequel to the stay night.
The new fate/stay night: unlimited blade works (2014) is Rin's route. There was also a movie for this route sometime around 2010.
I was surprised for fate/stay night to actually get another route animated.
The heaven's feel is the last route which has yet to have a show.
The VN was really good.
Type-Moon is such a great company.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:39:15 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4049 on: October 22, 2014, 03:58:47 pm »
PS:

Fate/Stay Night

AND

Tears to Tiara

That specific fate/stay night is saber's route.
Fate zero is a prequel to the stay night.
The new fate/stay night: unlimited blade works (2014) is Rin's route. There was also a movie for this route sometime around 2010.
I was surprised for fate/stay night to actually get another route animated.
The heaven's feel is the last route which has yet to have a show.
The VN was really good.
Type-Moon is such a great company.

Did you also play the PSP game?