Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654738 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5190 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:23 pm »
As I often do, I cruise around other collector sites on the interwebs. I saw someone post a pretty good find.  Instead of folks giving the dude a hearty pat on the back, as I've been accustomed to around here, folks were saying "This smells like bullshit" and "Show the receipt". 

What the hell?  Can't folks just be happy for one another.  If someone lies about a find, it doesn't hurt you at all.  Just let it go.  Don't be a dick. 

Thank you VGCollect for not sucking.  Some of you are assholes, but you're a lovable bunch of assholes.  ;D
I originally used to browse r/gamecollecting and you'd see this stuff all the time. The only good thing about that place is it led me here  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5191 on: December 17, 2014, 03:28:36 pm »
I heard about reddit. That place seems like one of the worst places on the web. Sometimes, I wish I had the ability to teleport through the computer screen and find the nimrods who post all of the negativity and -DARE- them to say it in person. I'm 99% confident that people who act like arrogant ass-hats on the web are total pushovers in real life.

VG Collect has restored some of my faith in the human race.

dark: IIRC, that version is the only version. While it's episode five, it's actually the first game in the series. I'm guessing that Matsuno had good intentions to release the other episodes that never got realized. ;__; Shame, since they tell some wonderful stories.

desocietas

« Reply #5192 on: December 17, 2014, 03:28:52 pm »
Grumpy grumpy grumpy.

:( why grumpy, fox?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5193 on: December 17, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »
I heard about reddit. That place seems like one of the worst places on the web. Sometimes, I wish I had the ability to teleport through the computer screen and find the nimrods who post all of the negativity and -DARE- them to say it in person. I'm 99% confident that people who act like arrogant ass-hats on the web are total pushovers in real life.

dark: IIRC, that version is the only version. While it's episode five, it's actually the first game in the series. I'm guessing that Matsuno had good intentions to release the other episodes that never got realized. ;__; Shame, since they tell some wonderful stories.

I've always been a bigger fan of smaller/tighter communities like this when it comes to forums. The biggest message boards I ever frequented were the IGN boards and that was damn near 10 years ago. And I just found out about this place randomly. I was looking for a site to archive my collection and this was the coolest/nicest looking one for that. the forums just happened to be a bonus  :P

soera

« Reply #5194 on: December 17, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »
As I often do, I cruise around other collector sites on the interwebs. I saw someone post a pretty good find.  Instead of folks giving the dude a hearty pat on the back, as I've been accustomed to around here, folks were saying "This smells like bullshit" and "Show the receipt". 

What the hell?  Can't folks just be happy for one another.  If someone lies about a find, it doesn't hurt you at all.  Just let it go.  Don't be a dick. 

Thank you VGCollect for not sucking.  Some of you are assholes, but you're a lovable bunch of assholes.  ;D

Ive always wondered the same thing. What does someone's post affect anyone else's life in any way? I always see the "Pics or it didnt happen" response on things. Why do people have that many fucks to give on whether someone really scored something awesome or not. Have I been jealous on other people's finds? Hell yeah ... do I doubt their post ? Never. Would it matter if I did doubt it? Not in the slightest.

desocietas

« Reply #5195 on: December 17, 2014, 03:35:00 pm »

I've always been a bigger fan of smaller/tighter communities like this when it comes to forums. The biggest message boards I ever frequented were the IGN boards and that was damn near 10 years ago. And I just found out about this place randomly. I was looking for a site to archive my collection and this was the coolest/nicest looking one for that. the forums just happened to be a bonus  :P

Glad you're enjoying the place!  I love the forum here, and it just keeps getting better with all the new active folks we've been getting :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5196 on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »
yeah. I guess most of you people are alright  ;D

foxhack

« Reply #5197 on: December 17, 2014, 03:53:47 pm »
It's Reddit. People are assholes there because you want to help someone.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5198 on: December 17, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »
It's Reddit. People are assholes there because you want to help someone.

isnt that just what we were talking about? lol

kashell

« Reply #5199 on: December 17, 2014, 04:21:43 pm »
The only reason I heard about this forum was because darkrpger/disgaeniac told me about it. I'm so glad he did because I have been able to spread my fabulousity and glamorousness had the opportunity to chat with so many lovely people.

karyann

« Reply #5200 on: December 17, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »
I originally used to browse r/gamecollecting and you'd see this stuff all the time. The only good thing about that place is it led me here  ;D

Same here! The subreddit in itself is pretty boring too, I don't think there's any conversation ever (or almost).  :-\ I love to talk, especially about a hobby I love. VGCollect is so perfect for that  8)

davifus

« Reply #5201 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:41 pm »
I love reddit.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #5202 on: December 17, 2014, 10:35:31 pm »
HOLY SHIT BALLS!
Did anyone see this article?
http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=6021

This man runs into three Sheriff arcade machines in the span of 6 months, then buys two of them! Luckiest man ever ever ever!

kashell

« Reply #5203 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:44 am »
I finally got to play the new Guilty Gear yesterday. I finished the standard arcade mode with Venom, finished the entire tutorial and started a few challenges with Venom. I wish I could give some glowing praise to the newest edition of my favorite fighting franchise, but I'm not super impressed; just somewhat impressed.

*The game is gorgeous, as expected. The new animations for all of the returning characters make you feel like you're playing a modern anime. For instance, when Venom performs Red Hail, he'll do this cool pose in the air and then begin the attack. It doesn't slow down the game at all and adds that GG flair the series is known for.

*English voice acting has been surprising so far. I might switch it to Japanese, but we'll see. Venom's voice is fitting, so yay for that.

*The tutorial was wonderful in helping explain all of the new and old features of the series. I look forward to diving into the challenges some more to utilize them more.

*Music has taken a back seat, which is unfortunate.

*I haven't been able to try the online play yet, but I have no reason to doubt that it'll run at a smooth(ish) rate.

*Venom's new moves are throwing me off. I am so used to doing a series of button inputs and now I learn that they took away his Lightning Balls XD

*On the other hand, he has two new moves that seem to open up possibilities

So, there are things about the game that are making me go, "YAY!" but then there parts of the game that are making me go, "Hmm..." I'll be playing it a crap-ton over the weekend. Suikoden II will be occupying my PS3's slot until then. Speaking of, how dare a certain someone pull a crossbow on me! Such disrespect!

bobster

« Reply #5204 on: December 18, 2014, 08:44:19 am »
Same here! The subreddit in itself is pretty boring too, I don't think there's any conversation ever (or almost).  :-\ I love to talk, especially about a hobby I love. VGCollect is so perfect for that  8)

*High Five!* At least the subreddit is useful for bringing people here!

HOLY SHIT BALLS!
Did anyone see this article?
http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=6021

This man runs into three Sheriff arcade machines in the span of 6 months, then buys two of them! Luckiest man ever ever ever!

That's a crazy story. Good for that guy!
Currently Playing: The Witcher