Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1660377 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5925 on: February 11, 2015, 10:46:40 am »
TO:

Anyone who cares to answer.

What's the last game that you've gotten the platinum trophy for?

Tears to Tiara 2

What are you currently playing and, are you going for the platinum?  Why or why not?

Class of Heroes 2G. Yes. Because, apparently, I'm a masochist.

In order, toughest 1st, what are your top-3 platinum trophies that you're the proudest of and/or the ones that you'd think would be the rarest?

Tears to Tiara 2, very, very, very, slightly edges-out

Cross Edge for the top spot, which 'edges' (geddit?) :P out - by a more significant margin

Disgaea D2 as #3

What's your plat that got away - you know the one...you really, really, really, and I do mean really wanted it *but* you gave up on, because it was too difficult and/or time-consuming to stick it out?

The Guided Fate Paradox.

Lastly, what's your top "I'll be back" game?  That game that's just been patiently sitting & waiting there for you to remember/return to it; likely hovering between, oh...let's say 75% and 95% completion - that one game that you really want to, will, might, have been meaning to, should, keep forgetting to, don't know why you haven't, and that game that you're *so* close to platting...

...but,

...By God!

...you are *SO* going to...

...most definitely...

...go back to it & plat the living daylights out of it & make it say your name!!!

Abso-fucking-lutely!

There's not even an ounce of doubt, because -

when you think about it...

...well...

it's really a given -

a done deal!

There's nothing left to it, but to do it...

...only a question of when game?

FF X-2
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #5926 on: February 11, 2015, 11:16:26 am »
TO:

Far Cry 4 (PS4)

What are you currently playing and, are you going for the platinum?  Why or why not?

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita). Yes, because it's a fun game and a pretty easy plat.

In order, toughest 1st, what are your top-3 platinum trophies that you're the proudest of and/or the ones that you'd think would be the rarest?

I only have 3 platinum trophies in total. :P
XBlaze Code: Embryo (PS Vita) - It's actually probably the easiest of the three of mine to get, but one of the trophies was super boring to get and took a fair amount of time since I didn't plan out an efficient route to get the plat.

Far Cry 4 (PS4) - Only because it took me a while, and I needed to do some boring stuff and online stuff.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f (PS Vita) - The easiest, least tedious, and most fun plat I've done.

What's your plat that got away - you know the one...you really, really, really, and I do mean really wanted it *but* you gave up on, because it was too difficult and/or time-consuming to stick it out?

Disgaea D2 (PS3) - Only because I really don't want to have to get all the items and watch every attack animation.

Lastly, what's your top "I'll be back" game?  That game that's just been patiently sitting & waiting there for you to remember/return to it; likely hovering between, oh...let's say 75% and 95% completion - that one game that you really want to, will, might, have been meaning to, should, keep forgetting to, don't know why you haven't, and that game that you're *so* close to platting...

...but,

...By God!

...most definitely...

...go back to it & plat the living daylights out of it & make it say your name!!!

Abso-fucking-lutely!

...well...

it's really a given -

a done deal!

Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) - I'm at 62% now for it, and I've been meaning to get to it and play it through again for the plat (but who knows when that will really happen?).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #5927 on: February 11, 2015, 12:26:48 pm »
TO:

Far Cry 4

Tales of Xillia 2 / Final Fantasy XIV / Rogue Legacy - and no to all, because I don't hate myself that much :P

Ni no Kuni

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Kingdoms of Amalur - None of those were super hard IMO, just time consuming - but they were all fun. :)

Rayman: Origins - Really wanted this one, but those time trials are just beyond my skill level. 

...but,

...By God!

...most definitely...

Abso-fucking-lutely!

...well...

it's really a given -

a done deal!

inFamous - I have a few of these actually, but I'd say inFamous is #1. For literally years I was missing *1* shard piece from having them all & getting that trophy, so I wouldn't even start my "evil" playthrough or work on other trophies I missed until I got that one. I'd boot it up every few months & wander around again, and my wife would laugh at me. She was convinced the game was bugged & it didn't exist, and I was pretty close to agreeing with her. Every single shard that people on the 'net said "oh, this is probably the one you're missing" - wasn't it. Finally one day I booted it up again and what do you know, I found it! I couldn't believe it - so now that I have that "I had practically given up hope" trophy, I *have* to finish the plat.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5928 on: February 12, 2015, 12:00:44 am »
Well my girlfriend just broke up with me today.... Kinda saw it coming..... but still took it kinda hard. But that is life and I just gotta move on in my life.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #5929 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:07 am »
Well my girlfriend just broke up with me today.... Kinda saw it coming..... but still took it kinda hard. But that is life and I just gotta move on in my life.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

bobster

« Reply #5930 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:44 am »
Sorry to hear that man. That situation is never easy. We're here for you!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5931 on: February 12, 2015, 09:37:16 am »
Sorry to hear that man. That situation is never easy. We're here for you!

Indeed!

Enjoy absolutely everything that you can, whilst tolerating absolutely everything that you must...

PlayerC90

« Reply #5932 on: February 12, 2015, 10:09:27 am »
TO:

Danganronpa 2

Super Stardust Ultra. Yes, because Stardust is always fun. :)

Final Fantasy X-2 getting 100% in this game is a real pain.

Final Fantasy X not really tough, but quite time consuming. The fact that most optional stuff felt like a drag to me didn't exactly help either.

Ni no Kuni again, more time consuming than hard.

Kingdom Hearts And by extension all other KH ones.

...but,

...By God!

...most definitely...

Abso-fucking-lutely!

...well...

it's really a given -

a done deal!

Hotline Miami

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5933 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:04 am »
Thanks guys, I have a bottle of makers mark here, i already invited 2 friend over for this weekend, we gonna drink and play games all night :D

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5934 on: February 12, 2015, 11:24:26 am »
TO:

Danganronpa 2

Super Stardust Ultra. Yes, because Stardust is always fun. :)

Final Fantasy X-2 getting 100% in this game is a real pain.

Final Fantasy X not really tough, but quite time consuming. The fact that most optional stuff felt like a drag to me didn't exactly help either.

Ni no Kuni again, more time consuming than hard.

Kingdom Hearts And by extension all other KH ones.

...but,

...By God!

...most definitely...

Abso-fucking-lutely!

...well...

it's really a given -

a done deal!

Hotline Miami

Since you've got the X-2 plat, can you tell me how you liked the added (Roguelike) content and what it was like & about + how much time that portion adds?

Thanks...

and -

Welcome to VGC!  ;D

It goes w/o saying for those who've been here for a minute, or so --but--

Avoid & remove yourself from - as quickly as is possible - anything related to the screen/user-name:

"soera;)

He's...slimy  :-\

and -

he likes slimes  :P

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5935 on: February 12, 2015, 01:14:23 pm »
Thanks guys, I have a bottle of makers mark here, i already invited 2 friend over for this weekend, we gonna drink and play games all night :D

Shit man, I'm still with my GF but that sounds like a damn good weekend to me.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5936 on: February 12, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »

Shit man, I'm still with my GF but that sounds like a damn good weekend to me.

you can come over haha

1049-2600-8730

thekosmickollector

« Reply #5937 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:24 pm »
Anyone mind telling me why pretty much every Game Gear on eBay is broken or faulty? Were they really prone to breaking back in the day or something?

bobster

« Reply #5938 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »
Anyone mind telling me why pretty much every Game Gear on eBay is broken or faulty? Were they really prone to breaking back in the day or something?
Very prone. Back when they were produced, there was a ton of faulty capacitors on the market, and they subsequently got used in a lot of electronics back then. There are kits out there to replace the bad capacitors where you unsolder the capacitors then solder the new ones on. It doesn't require too much technical know how. I did mine successfully and it was my first time ever soldering.

That being said, it's not for everyone. These capacitors do control everything from video brightness (you'll see only black unless at a very extreme viewing area) to sound output.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5939 on: February 12, 2015, 01:44:42 pm »

From what ive read, it has to do with the caps. For example. my friend gave me his old game gear, and it would turn on for a sec and turn back off.... So i ended up buying another one that was working but during my hunt. noticed the same thing. Lots of them not working.

1049-2600-8730