Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661040 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6015 on: February 16, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »
Selling a loose copy of Super Smash Bros JPN for (relatively) cheap. Swap out the back plate and it works on US system.  If you're itching to play SSB on original hardware it's a nice alternative to playing 45 for the US version. Just thought I'd let you know before I put it up on ebay.
http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4619.0.html

desocietas

« Reply #6016 on: February 16, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »
Feel free to mention it on the Marketplace subforum!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #6017 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:52 pm »
... yeah...

Sorry dude, but the sale forum is there for a reason.

karyann

« Reply #6018 on: February 16, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »
Awesome!  The game still holds up well today.  What did you think of the final dungeon?  :o

I had the hardest time navigating it when I was younger, however I have to admit that I used a FAQ yesterday to complete it  :-[ Without knowing where to go, it's too damn hard for my tastes. And no, I don't really intent on doing the Master quest, at least definitely not on a blind playthrough  :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6019 on: February 16, 2015, 10:09:17 pm »
Weather out is broootal. Not getting anywhere in my front wheel drive any time soon.  :-\

62F here :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6020 on: February 17, 2015, 02:34:02 am »
Around the same in my area.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6021 on: February 17, 2015, 07:01:35 am »
more/other examples?

so, 1 of my favorite songs - on my newly favorite OST; is a ballad with a man singing the lyrics solo and in english.

can anyone think of other songs like this?

other than the subs...the lyrics to this song = the only english in the game + it's fantastc!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6022 on: February 17, 2015, 09:45:37 am »
Separate topic, seperate post:

I made a post on G*Faqs (mainly directed at Vic Ireland - who's been (I think) immaturely ignoring or avoiding) posts & questions of mine that are anything but game hype/Luv)...expressing my disappointment in parts of CoH2G.

I'll link to the topic here; wanted: opinions?  am I right? wrong? justified? did I overdo it?, etc

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995396-class-of-heroes-2g/71238106

Thanks!

bobster

« Reply #6023 on: February 17, 2015, 09:51:28 am »
Separate topic, seperate post:

I made a post on G*Faqs (mainly directed at Vic Ireland - who's been (I think) immaturely ignoring or avoiding) posts & questions of mine that are anything but game hype/Luv)...expressing my disappointment in parts of CoH2G.

I'll link to the topic here; wanted: opinions?  am I right? wrong? justified? did I overdo it?, etc

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995396-class-of-heroes-2g/71238106

Thanks!
I guess it all depends on if there IS anything that shows up on the screen that doesn't appear anywhere else in the PS3 portion of the game. I would suspect that the information on the second screen is probably available in a menu somewhere in the game, but allows access to it easier from the PSP/VITA screen.

If it's unique info, then yeah that's kind of crappy.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't know enough to be able to say one way or another. I haven't opened either of my copies yet, but I'd probably use the second screen option cause I think that's cool. You're situation is definitely a bum deal though in that regard.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #6024 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:47 am »
I get what he is saying ... its what absolutely pissed me off about Final fantasy III DS version. There is no reason that any part of a non online console game should require anything other than the game and the system its on.

I mention FFIII DS cause there were parts of the game that you simply could not do without street pass and whatever. Im not interested in that bullshit and Oklahoma is not a big street pass part of the world like Japan is. So cause of it, I could not get any of the most powerful items in the game.

With Class of heroes, there is no reason that a PS3 game should require an additional system linked up to it to use part of it.

argyle

« Reply #6025 on: February 17, 2015, 10:53:57 am »
more/other examples?

so, 1 of my favorite songs - on my newly favorite OST; is a ballad with a man singing the lyrics solo and in english.

can anyone think of other songs like this?

other than the subs...the lyrics to this song = the only english in the game + it's fantastc!

Not exactly sure what you're asking for - other songs sung in English on a game soundtrack? If so, Simple & Clean always comes to mind - bonus points because the Japanese singer sings the English version as well. And more recently I love the scene in Bioshock: Infinite where Elizabeth & Booker sing "Will The Circle Be Unbroken". I just happened to get something in my eye during that scene...  :'(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6026 on: February 17, 2015, 11:09:41 am »
I mention FFIII DS cause there were parts of the game that you simply could not do without street pass and whatever. Im not interested in that bullshit and Oklahoma is not a big street pass part of the world like Japan is. So cause of it, I could not get any of the most powerful items in the game.

I must have misread something since I own the PSP version of FFIII. Didn't the DS version come out long before the 3DS was even an idea? Unless the Japanese have a different type of original DS.

It sounds like you're describing Bravely Default, maybe?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6027 on: February 17, 2015, 11:33:39 am »
If it's unique info, then yeah that's kind of crappy.

I believe - from the way that it's described & worded - that it is unique (but...with the dev making the distinction + definition for us) "superflous" information.  >:(

I mention FFIII DS cause there were parts of the game that you simply could not do without street pass and whatever. Im not interested in that bullshit.  So because of it, I could not get any of the most powerful items in the game.

Amen, brother.

This is *exactly* wtf I'm talking about.

Trophies (in single-player) games - like most (J/S)RPGs & in just about all of the games that I play, that require on-line play (moreso, now with the PS4, since you *must* buy PS+ (correct me if I'm wrong) for any & all online play); also fall into this same (I wish that they'd all just go and) Fuck Themselves category  >:(

Not exactly sure what you're asking for...

Yeah, I guess that I could have been clearer there  :o

Actually, what I thought was more unique - and more what I was looking for - wasn't so much the language that the song was sung in but, since *I* couldn't come up with (m)Any others off of the top of my head - was that the big ballad was sung by a man.

It's (the song's) timing, impact, significance, placement, & importance...would be akin to something like "A Thousand Words"; from FFX-2.

soera

« Reply #6028 on: February 17, 2015, 11:47:46 am »

I must have misread something since I own the PSP version of FFIII. Didn't the DS version come out long before the 3DS was even an idea? Unless the Japanese have a different type of original DS.

Nah its FFIII. It wasnt exactly street pass I was describing however ... here is the Wiki description : The remake takes advantage of the Wi-Fi feature of the Nintendo DS in the form of a Mail/Mognet system similar to Final Fantasy IX. Various moogles in the game allow the player to send email to others. Players are also able to send mail to various characters in the game as well as to other players. Side quests can also be unlocked using this system, such as the quest to unlock the Onion Knight.

bobster

« Reply #6029 on: February 17, 2015, 11:49:32 am »

Nah its FFIII. It wasnt exactly street pass I was describing however ... here is the Wiki description : The remake takes advantage of the Wi-Fi feature of the Nintendo DS in the form of a Mail/Mognet system similar to Final Fantasy IX. Various moogles in the game allow the player to send email to others. Players are also able to send mail to various characters in the game as well as to other players. Side quests can also be unlocked using this system, such as the quest to unlock the Onion Knight.
Yeah the PSP version did away with that since it didn't have Mognet. They also swapped when you get certain classes so Onion Knight is available right from the get go.
Currently Playing: The Witcher