Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1662560 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6300 on: March 06, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »
since several of you have expressed interest in the Ys Celceta game & LE - I'm gonna go ahead and name-drop kashy's name (I Can because I knew him back When:) and link to his review of it here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/reviews/review-156524

You're one of my favorite people. I hope you're staying warm up there.

I'm a huge fan of the Ys series. Even though I started playing it in 2005, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable on the franchise. So, if anyone has questions about it, feel free to ask. It's one of my top 10 franchise of all time.

In gaming news, I'm about to face off in the final battles in Suikoden V. This has got to be my favorite game in the entire series. If I were to rank them it'd be something like this: V>I~II>Tactics>IV>>>III>>>>>>>Tiekreis.

desocietas

« Reply #6301 on: March 06, 2015, 12:57:03 pm »
In gaming news, I'm about to face off in the final battles in Suikoden V. This has got to be my favorite game in the entire series. If I were to rank them it'd be something like this: V>I~II>Tactics>IV>>>III>>>>>>>Tiekreis.

Haha, I've heard Tiekreis was pretty awful, but I was curious about it because it was on the DS.  Seriously that bad?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #6302 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:32 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty awful. Boring combat, annoying main characters, terrible voice acting and not a very pretty looking game. I can't comment much on the story since it's been a hot minute since I played it.

kashell

« Reply #6303 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »
Pardon the double post, but I have a small question. ^^()

I need music. Not Top 40 crap, but video game, anime, DDR, and vocaloid type music. I'll cut to the chase. Anyone know where I can obtain these sorts of things free of charge?

foxhack

« Reply #6304 on: March 06, 2015, 06:59:56 pm »

I need music. Not Top 40 crap, but video game, anime, DDR, and vocaloid type music. I'll cut to the chase. Anyone know where I can obtain these sorts of things free of charge?

Um.

Please do not request less than legal stuff here. Free to listen online is cool and all, and maybe sites where you can buy the albums from the artist, like Bandcamp. But direct downloads... nope.

« Reply #6305 on: March 06, 2015, 07:16:07 pm »

I have some Persona CDs I'd be more than happy to give you a download link to. ^.^

Also, using YouTube downloader on Youtube videos to get the music. That's what I do when I own the game, but not a soundtrack (since I technically already have bought the sound files in the video game data).

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6306 on: March 06, 2015, 08:06:42 pm »
One year ago today, I decided to quit smoking..... Feels good man!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6307 on: March 06, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »
Yes, that's what I meant. Free for listening. No worries.

desocietas

« Reply #6308 on: March 06, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
One year ago today, I decided to quit smoking..... Feels good man!

Congrats!  I imagine it must get easier with each day :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6309 on: March 07, 2015, 12:09:31 am »
Congratulations on your accomplishment, fighterpilot562!  Also:

Youtube.  Where I've found most, if not all, of the music I want to listen to.  Gurren Lagann, Final Fantasy VI-IX, Wild Arms, Cowboy Bebop, etc.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

maximo310

« Reply #6310 on: March 07, 2015, 12:47:22 am »

Yeah, youtube is your best option for most general vg music stuff. I've sometimes gone to khinsider.org to find some of the more obscure soundtracks out there on the web since you can listen to the stuff on the site. If you've got any ost requests, I'll see if I can help you out with that.

argyle

« Reply #6311 on: March 07, 2015, 01:03:11 am »
since several of you have expressed interest in the Ys Celceta game & LE - I'm gonna go ahead and name-drop kashy's name (I Can because I knew him back When:) and link to his review of it here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/643152-ys-memories-of-celceta/reviews/review-156524

You're one of my favorite people. I hope you're staying warm up there.

I'm a huge fan of the Ys series. Even though I started playing it in 2005, I think I'm pretty knowledgeable on the franchise. So, if anyone has questions about it, feel free to ask. It's one of my top 10 franchise of all time.

Glad you enjoyed V so much - and that's pretty much how I'd rank them, minus the ones I haven't played (IV & Tiekreis, and very little of 1).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6312 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:02 am »
how is tactics - what's it like/about...any connection to any of the other suiko games?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6313 on: March 07, 2015, 07:23:53 am »
ZanyGaeniac's  CoH2G (up-dateable) Plat-Countdown!!!

47,000... :-X

48,000...... >:(

49,000... :'(

50,000/Platinum  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #6314 on: March 07, 2015, 07:47:40 am »
Woo PAX!

Anyone else in Boston this weekend for it?
(Meant to post this yesterday before coming up. Whoops!)

Wasn't able to snag tickets this year, and it's got me a bit bummed. I've been at PAX East 3 out of the last 4 years. It'll be just teasing me in the back of my head for the next 3 days.

That being said, there's nothing like it in the world, and have tons of fun!
Ah damn that sucks. The tickets were gone in 7 minutes or something ridiculous. I missed out too, but luckily a couple people from my PAX group snagged a few extras.

So far so good on the PAX front!
Currently Playing: The Witcher