Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663377 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6390 on: March 10, 2015, 06:34:02 pm »
I've played the first of the Penny Arcade RPGs. There are 4 total. The first two were done by one developer, while the second set was done by the guys who made Cthulhu saves the world and Breath of Death.

Anyways, the first game was enjoyable. Well written and funny if you're already a fan of PA's humor. I hear the last two games are better and more of a 16 bit style of gameplay. I've been meaning to start the rest of the games, but I get distracted easily I guess!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

desocietas

« Reply #6391 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:26 pm »
... decided to break in & play my 1st Vita game w/ my VitaTV 8)

A little late on this but.. how're you liking the PSTV?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6392 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:51 am »
I wanted to get the PlayStation 4/TV bundle GameStop had a couple of weeks ago...  I just felt that I should have a decent collection (5+ games) before buying one.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

maximo310

« Reply #6393 on: March 11, 2015, 12:53:59 am »
Yeah, I want to know how that is, because I have a few Vita games but I don't know if the PSTV or the regular Vita is better. The only thing that's keeping me away from PSTV is that some games aren't supported because of certain hardware features that certain games need on the Vita system.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6394 on: March 11, 2015, 08:01:26 am »
... decided to break in & play my 1st Vita game w/ my VitaTV 8)

A little late on this but.. how're you liking the PSTV?

I'm loving it!

For the 1st day or 2 - I kept getting side-tracked by 'playing', experimenting, and finding out what I can & can't do with it.

I've (just) started playing HDN Noire on it and - so far, it's been fluid & flawless.

maximo -

it really completely depends on what kind of games you like.

For myself, playing almost nothing but J/S/RPG's, it's a no-brainer because just about all of them are compatible with it + playing on tv > playing on a small-ass little screen and using (my favorite) controller (a DS3) > > > having to use smaller, handheld-sized buttons ;D

If you're solely into more fast-paced, action-y types of games, if you want more games that require the rear touchscreen/motion controls (although, there is a Vita Tv (I call it what I want:) option/setting to use things like R3, L3, and (I *think) the DS4's face pad as touchscreen/motion 'replacement' controls, and/or if portability is important to you...I'd say that the handheld Vita would be better-suited for you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:03:08 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6395 on: March 11, 2015, 08:12:50 am »
Kash (or anyone else that has played it) - I feel like I'm getting really close to the end of Sorcery Saga. I just started the chapter 4 (of 5 total as I understand it). Does that mean 2 more dungeons?

It's been a year since I played it, but I believe you have one more dungeon. There's also a 100 floor bonus dungeon, which is a lot of fun and great for building your weapons.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6396 on: March 11, 2015, 09:35:31 am »
kash - i'm thinking that it's probably going to be 6 months to a year before I'll be in the mood for another 'Atelier' game and actually get around to playing Shallie.

how about you - are you excited & can't wait to play it *or* (like myself) pretty 'Ateliered-out'?

also (and yes, I know that I should know this :-[) is this the 3rd/last game in the Dusk trilogy(?) -

or, is Dusk breaking tradition by going beyond 3 entries?

So far (@ only an hour or so in), I'm having a lot of fun with & really enjoying Noire ;D

heh, truth be told, after platting Class of Heroes 2G, immediately after platting Tears to Tiara 2...this game is a real pleasure to play & feeling nice, refreshing, relaxing, and pretty easy (I realize that it's been called "hard" quite a bit --but-- we both know how *relative* a game's difficulty can be, right ;)); which is just fine, because that's precisely what I wanted my next ('breather game", if you will) to be ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:38:14 am by disgaeniac »

kashell

« Reply #6397 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:04 am »
I haven't started it yet, but I did get my free DLC and it looks lovely. I'll be starting it...eventually. Atelier is a favorite series, but I have to be in the mood for them. I'll probably wait a few months before beginning the campaign. This is the last entry in the Dusk Trilogy, so I want to make sure that the timing is special. ^o^v

I'm glad to see you're enjoying Noire! Sting rarely messes up their products.* You'll have to post some impressions soon so I know what I'm getting into. I figured it would be a "heavier" game, but it sounds like it's giving you just what you needed.

*Gungnir...you were such a disappointment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6398 on: March 11, 2015, 10:08:36 am »
I haven't started it yet, but I did get my FREE DLC and it looks lovely. I'll be starting it...eventually. Atelier is a favorite series, but I have to be in the mood for them. I'll probably wait a few months before beginning the campaign. This is the last entry in the Dusk Trilogy, so I want to make sure that the timing is special. ^o^v

I'm glad to see you're enjoying Noire! Sting rarely messes up their products.* You'll have to post some impressions soon so I know what I'm getting into. I figured it would be a "heavier" game, but it sounds like it's giving you just what you needed.

*Gungnir...you were such a disappointment.

Glad ya mentioned Free DLC!

Seeing it reminded me to mention that HDN Noire has several free pieces of DLC on the PSN store; good stuff to know!

kashell

« Reply #6399 on: March 11, 2015, 10:40:12 am »
Awesome! I'll look into it.

Fun Fact: "FREE" is my second favorite four-letter word that starts with the letter, "F."

abe

« Reply #6400 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:48 am »

Fun Fact: "FREE" is my second favorite four-letter word that starts with the letter, "F."

What's your favorite four-letter word that starts with "f"? Is it "fart"? ::) :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6401 on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:12 am »
Four?

Also still sitting on my money... I don't know what to buy on eBay haha

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6402 on: March 11, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

:P

nicely done ;)

finally figured out & finished transferring those free DLC's from my PS3 to my VitaTv.

since they're both linked to the same PSN/SEN account...I figured that it shouldn't matter which device I used to buy & download the DLC to but...

...NOoooooope >:(

argyle

« Reply #6403 on: March 11, 2015, 02:34:55 pm »

What's your favorite four-letter word that starts with "f"? Is it "fart"? ::) :P

It's clearly "flan".  ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6404 on: March 11, 2015, 03:29:37 pm »
Damn, now I have a hankering for some flan.