Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1665960 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7185 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:40 am »
kash: The reply PM has been officially sent!

So; is Ar no surge plus the same as the Rorona "plus" games *or* is it a new/different game?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #7186 on: May 21, 2015, 11:54:17 am »

So; is Ar no surge plus the same as the Rorona "plus" games *or* is it a new/different game?

It's an enhanced port of the PS3 game. So yeah, basically like the Rorona Plus games.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7187 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:34 pm »
This song is just so incredibly amazing. I can't get enough of it.

erock311 plays the Chrono Trigger soundtrack, metal-style.

It sounds beautiful and he just shreds at the same time. One of the greatest game soundtracks made even better.

What's cool is that he samples each character's "theme" from the game and works into one seamless song:

kashell

« Reply #7188 on: May 21, 2015, 03:19:39 pm »

It's an enhanced port of the PS3 game. So yeah, basically like the Rorona Plus games.

Yeah, that's my understanding of it. I doubt I'll pick it up since the original was such a dissapointment.

argyle

« Reply #7189 on: May 21, 2015, 04:16:12 pm »

Yeah, that's my understanding of it. I doubt I'll pick it up since the original was such a dissapointment.

Eh, I'm getting it just because the LE is the only way to get a physical copy of it so it will probably be somewhat scarce if I decide I want it in my Vita collection later on. Plus, the original's LE is selling for more than enough on ebay to cover the cost of this one & have some left over. ;)

EDIT: burningdoom, that WAS awesome - loved the metal Rickroll in the middle there. :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:23:38 pm by argyle »
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

foxhack

« Reply #7190 on: May 21, 2015, 04:50:27 pm »
I really wish other collection sites would be more lenient about alternate prints and issues. Especially the one I use for my movies. -_-

« Reply #7191 on: May 22, 2015, 02:06:36 pm »
found this gem this morning:

link

argyle

« Reply #7192 on: May 22, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »

link

Man, that disk is in ROUGH shape! :o

desocietas

« Reply #7193 on: May 22, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »
hahahha
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7194 on: May 22, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »
Is anyone else getting ads in their collection? This is a new one for me.

I've always gotten ads on the side of the page, that's normal. But I'm talking like in-between listings on my collection list, there will be an ad.

Is it supposed to do that? Is this happening to anyone else? I'm thinking I may need a new anti-spyware program, if not.

argyle

« Reply #7195 on: May 22, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »

I've always gotten ads on the side of the page, that's normal. But I'm talking like in-between listings on my collection list, there will be an ad.

Is it supposed to do that? Is this happening to anyone else? I'm thinking I may need a new anti-spyware program, if not.

Yeah, it's been doing that for a while now. I **really** didn't want to, but I had to re-enable my ad blocker for the site after a video ad w/ sound was added that kept playing every time I pulled up another page. I'm more than happy to leave normal ads in play since I haven't ponied up any $$ to the site yet, but the video/sound stuff was just way too obnoxious. If someone tells me they've been done away with, I'll disable my blocker again ASAP.

foxhack

« Reply #7196 on: May 22, 2015, 05:43:14 pm »
Try to figure out what the ad was for, then tell matt so he blocks it from showing up in the rotation.

argyle

« Reply #7197 on: May 22, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »
Try to figure out what the ad was for, then tell matt so he blocks it from showing up in the rotation.

Will do. I'll disable & see if it rears its head again. I wanna say it was a car/truck commercial of some sort.

desocietas

« Reply #7198 on: May 22, 2015, 06:20:00 pm »

Yeah, it's been doing that for a while now. I **really** didn't want to, but I had to re-enable my ad blocker for the site after a video ad w/ sound was added that kept playing every time I pulled up another page. I'm more than happy to leave normal ads in play since I haven't ponied up any $$ to the site yet, but the video/sound stuff was just way too obnoxious. If someone tells me they've been done away with, I'll disable my blocker again ASAP.

Ugh, I hate that.  I can't even go to a news website these days without 3 different videos playing with audio that sometimes are news (unrelated to the article I clicked on) but more often than not are ads.  Even worse when it's a popup that takes up the whole screen.

I haven't run into that ad yet, but I also have my speakers muted usually when I look at the site...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7199 on: May 23, 2015, 02:27:58 am »

That must be a collector's edition copy of the game.  Very unique!

Please check out the games I have for sale.