Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1643386 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7905 on: August 20, 2015, 09:22:37 am »
I worked at Walmart for like 9 months back when I was in college. They suck so bad. They actually tried to fire me for shoplifting, even though I never did anything of the sort.

Remember back in the day when Walmart used to sell fish?  I worked in the pet department, dealing with the aquariums and stuff. One day, one of the pipes cracked and there was water everywhere. I ran to the garden department and grabbed a few PVC pipe fittings and a piece of pipe. I fixed the leak and told one of the managers. The manager said that since I took the stuff without asking first, it was considered theft, and that he had to let me go. I replied, "That's fucking retarded, I quit."  On my way out, I undid my repair, flooding the area.

I had no idea you were so gangster!  That's the type of shit people say "I should have done it" or "I wish I'd done that".  Way to stick it to the man. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7906 on: August 20, 2015, 10:17:15 am »
My ears are ringing...

Did someone (Tom) say "Cross Edge" somewhere?

How are you liking it/how far into it are you?

Don't let that crazy & unintuitive learning curve make you give up on it before you get to your "A Ha"! moment.

Maybe others here too, but - certainly myself + the Kashy one can help you out; Hell, Kash is playing a game w/some of the same characters in it now!

IMO Lily always is/was a game-long party member.

didya' grab the free DLC's?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #7907 on: August 20, 2015, 10:50:31 am »
You have indeed heard me say Cross Edge. ;)

I've been working a lot lately, so I haven't had a lot of time to put into it just yet, but I'm enjoying what I've played so far. The battle system is actually pretty interesting, I haven't played anything quite like it.

I spent about 5 or so minutes downloading all the free DLC that was available before I started the game, since I remembered you mentioning it a while back. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #7908 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:49 am »
So the new Hitman movie (which looks trashtastically awful) is opening tomorrow. Except, of course, I won't be seeing it, because the local movie chain has decided to only show it in like twenty cities, and Mexicali is not in that list.

Oh but Tijuana is.

Assholes. :(

And no I'm not paying American movie prices to watch it. Sheesh. I'd rather pay $10 for my ticket, popcorn and soda than $22. :P

Edit: There's a matinee showing a town over... should I or shouldn't I... oh hey 4000th post. :p
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:40:10 pm by foxhack »

kashell

« Reply #7909 on: August 20, 2015, 12:03:59 pm »
I'm glad to see more Cross Edge love. That's one game that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy and full of heart-melties when things click with the battle system. Building the perfect battle party is one of the game's best features.

I'd like to get that platinum trophy one day, but I fear I would have to start a new file to do so. It's been years since I last played it and I forget where I am in the post-game.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7910 on: August 20, 2015, 08:24:23 pm »
Looks like ill be picking up a Wii u on sept 11, just in time for Mario Maker :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7911 on: August 20, 2015, 08:42:00 pm »
Looks like ill be picking up a Wii u on sept 11, just in time for Mario Maker :D

(early) welcome to the family!  ;D

abe

« Reply #7912 on: August 20, 2015, 10:55:35 pm »

(early) welcome to the family!  ;D

Seconded. :D The WiiU is a lot more fun than I ever thought it would be.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7913 on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:29 am »

I guess you got your stuff sold?  You'll love the WiiU.  I know I do. 

In other news: Battletoads on the Sega Genesis sucks balls.  How can it be worse than the NES version?  The 8bit version actually looks better, plays better, and is better. 

See?  I told you Sega sucks.  :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7914 on: August 21, 2015, 09:58:51 am »

I guess you got your stuff sold?  You'll love the WiiU.  I know I do. 

In other news: Battletoads on the Sega Genesis sucks balls.  How can it be worse than the NES version?  The 8bit version actually looks better, plays better, and is better. 

See?  I told you Sega sucks.  :P

The chinese sks should be sold by then yes. And i had some other money saved up and a gift card. Though i am kinda hoping to get the NVG or RC car sold still.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7915 on: August 21, 2015, 11:44:29 am »
Ye gawdz this day is refusing to end. I'm so tempted to flip over my laptop and say, "That's it. I'm done. I'm going home."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7916 on: August 21, 2015, 11:45:41 am »
Ye gawdz this day is refusing to end. I'm so tempted to flip over my laptop and say, "That's it. I'm done. I'm going home."

If I didn't have to wait for my kid to get out of school, I'd have already done that.  Fuck working today.

kashell

« Reply #7917 on: August 21, 2015, 11:52:16 am »

If I didn't have to wait for my kid to get out of school, I'd have already done that.  Fuck working today.

I would suggest leaving work, grabbing a portable console, and waiting outside of his school for the day to end. But, that might make you look like a creeper.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7918 on: August 21, 2015, 12:46:42 pm »

Don't forget flooding the place on yer way out ;)

Is it just me?

I was reading an instruction manual (for Atelier Shallie) and it makes mention of an "in-game manual"; where you can press the PS button while playing, and find + click-on an icon to view a digital manual while playing...but - I can't find any such icon.

tl;dr: WtF?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7919 on: August 21, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
Rant:

I freaking hate shops that price games and DON'T take condition into consideration.

"Oh, Final Fantasy VII is selling for $60 in pristine condition on eBay, well, I might as well price this 2 disc only version with scratched discs at $59.99." And then when you try to talk them down, citing the condition, they tell you they only consider if it plays or not; and sometimes even start getting annoyed with you.

AAAHHH!!! What the hell kind of logic is that? When you buy a car you don't consider if it just runs. When you buy a DVD, you don't pay the same for a disc-only copy as you do a complete one. You're not gonna buy a scratched up table for the same price as a nice one. So why should this be acceptable for video games?! And they REALLY have no reason to act like your out of line for mentioning it and trying to haggle.

Thing is, though, I live in a rural town. I don't have a lot of choices for game hunting. There's not much else I can do but be frustrated, or turn to eBay or other online sources.