Author Topic: You know how I know we have a very narrow type of gamer here?  (Read 9404 times)

godnightshade

You know how I know we have a very narrow type of gamer here?
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »
Only 10 people with Madden 08 and Madden 09 on 360 in their collections. With millions of copies of those titles sold, only about 10 of them are here. Speaks wonders to the demographics.

Any other oddities you've noticed?

fiveforfightng

Re: You know how I know we have a very narrow type of gamer here?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:15:42 pm »
Yeah. I just looked at Mario Kart: Double Dash, for example. 179 have in their collection here, out of the 3.8 million US copies sold. Is that what you're getting at?
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:27:32 pm »
Well, most people that play games like Madden don't really consider themselves gamers, let alone collectors.

soera

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
I found it an oddity that a whole 10 copies of any Madden junk on a current system made it on here. The only reason to own a sports game is to finish a collection :P

ko1ru

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 10:02:40 pm »
That just goes to show you that the vast majority of VGC members have taste.   8)

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »
I really dislike sports games, but if you look in my collection, I have a lot of ps2 ones. They were all from a giant lot. I think that's how it is with most people.

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »
i have to agree with exonerator on this one plus most sports games are kind of worthless and are not worth collecting even if its in mint condition

scott

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »
That just goes to show you that the vast majority of VGC members have taste.   8)

;D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 11:21:26 pm »
I have a few sports titles from lots but also have some that I've purchased to play with friends.

I do enjoy some Mega Man Soccer from time to time :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:27:16 pm »
normally I only buy (official) sports games at less than a buck and that's mainly to replace the back of an ex-rental cartridge, or harder to get cases like the Saturn/CD. so I don't usually count them as my collection.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:39:54 pm »
Anyone who says sports games suck needs to play Nintendo World Cup or the Mutant Hockey games.

Now, party games? THOSE suck.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »
I love sports games but I know how quickly they drop in price so after a year or two a refuse to pay more than a couple of bucks for them which cuts down how many I have. Also I find it can be hard to keep track of which ones I have and which ones I don't if I don't have my list with me at the time.

pacpix

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 04:19:58 pm »
If I am at a friends house we will play some Madden or NHL, but I can't say I love the games.  They are fun, but get old quick.  I love sports games that are unrealistic though like NBA Jam, MLB Slugfest, NHL Hitz, and NFL Blitz.  NHL Hitz is probably one of my favorite games ever, and I have never even watched a game of hockey in my life!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »
I like sports games. I buy one new every couple of years.  I have NCAA 13 and Tiger Woods 12. I just don't buy them every year.  There isn't that much improvement. Every 3 or 4 years is plenty.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 05:53:55 pm »
I buy sports games for my collection because 1) you need them for fullsets, 2) they're cheap, and 3) they look really nice on your shelf, since it makes the collection bigger.