Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is...  (Read 7150 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: All I want for Christmas is...
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:07 am »
While I generally feel that 3D is a total waste of time, that's not a bad price at all!

Yeah.

If I would have taken a guess - I would have probably guessed around double that price.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

thecollector0o7

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »
I think I've finally hit the wall where I have nothing I really want for Christmas. I pretty much just buy all of the little things here and there that I want throughout the year. My parents asked me over Thanksgiving to give them some ideas and I literally can't think of anything!

I happen to know that I am getting a Super Everdrive, which will be a welcome addition to my collection. Other than that, I'm at a total loss.

How about everyone here? What are you hoping/asking for?

I also have this problem and if there happens to be something I want, I would want to be there to see the condition where as my family does not understand the concept of video game collecting and thinks any condition is fine as long as you have it. Also things I do want no one has heard of so I try not to make their shopping a hard time.

scott

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »
Also things I do want no one has heard of so I try not to make their shopping a hard time.

I also have this problem. It doesn't help that I have a lot of hobbies and trying to ask for something related to any of them is difficult.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:53 pm »
I told my mom I wanted an Odyssey 2 and some metal CDs... we settled on a Visa card ha.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:51:38 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:39:21 pm »
I found one of these:

Now to try and grab it before someone else does!

scott

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 11:58:15 pm »
I remember the Master Sergeant statue they had at the store I frequented around the launch of Halo 2. Man I wanted that so bad. I never did find out what became of it.

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:09 am »
I was actually asking for SVC Chaos for the AES for awhile but the more and more I read about it the less appealing it sounds, so I've actually changed to The Last Blade and Samurai Shodown IV for the AES. Kind of pricey but Im going in halvesies so fun fun pretty excited

jcalder8

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:44 am »
I remember the Master Sergeant statue they had at the store I frequented around the launch of Halo 2. Man I wanted that so bad. I never did find out what became of it.
I have seen that one in a store before too but not for sale like this one, but I still haven't heard back from the person selling it so I am not holding my breath  :'(

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 02:44:58 am »
I try to tell myself every year to refrain from buying anything during the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas because someone *might* gift it to me and it sucks to tell someone that you just bought it for yourself.

A lot of games I want got released recently, so the ones that didn't have a special preorder bonus or aren't at the risk of being rare very soon, I refrain from buying for a while.

This would include:
- Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »
I think the girlfriend and I have decided to not exchange gifts this year. Instead we are both going to toss some money into a vacation fund and plan something towards the end of winter. There really isn't anything I need or want right now. I was originally looking at a Nexus 7...but I don't need it and would rather travel a bit.

scott

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 03:41:33 pm »
I think the girlfriend and I have decided to not exchange gifts this year. Instead we are both going to toss some money into a vacation fund and plan something towards the end of winter. There really isn't anything I need or want right now. I was originally looking at a Nexus 7...but I don't need it and would rather travel a bit.

That's a cool idea.

darko

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »
I spent my summer traveling instead of collecting. It's gooooood to get away from time to time!

jcalder8

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »
I have seen that one in a store before too but not for sale like this one, but I still haven't heard back from the person selling it so I am not holding my breath  :'(
I never did hear back from the person and now the ad is gone, oh well at least I no longer need to figure out where the hell I would put the damn thing lol

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »
I want a new computer, but these damn bills keep getting in the way!

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:03 am »
I want a new computer, but these damn bills keep getting in the way!
I never find bills get in the way, I just push them off my computer and buy what I want :D