Author Topic: December 2012 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 21350 times)

scott

Re: December 2012 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2012, 05:56:28 pm »
Just got these in the mail today from Ziondood. They look great! The case for Threads of Fate is cracked a little, but I can't complain, he gave me a killer deal!

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »
Star Ocean: The Last Hope,
Please... How much did you pay for this ?
Every time i see it it cost a shitload of money.

I don't remember, exactly, since I got so many things together, but, iirc, around $15-$20.

DON'T be fooled by the link here that takes you to the guide on Amazon (the one that's going for $100+)...it goes to the link for the more expensive hardcover Star Ocean book/guide...I got the paperback one!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012, 06:45:56 pm »
Just got these in the mail today from Ziondood. They look great! The case for Threads of Fate is cracked a little, but I can't complain, he gave me a killer deal!

hahaha, i had a feeling you were the one who beat me to those ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
Ha, yeah. When I saw them I had to jump on it asap. 3 hr time zone difference ftw?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2012, 01:41:39 am »
Ha, yeah. When I saw them I had to jump on it asap. 3 hr time zone difference ftw?

Haha, perhaps.  Also, me being at work and being distracted by Twitter or some other non-work nonsense probably had something to do with it ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2012, 09:14:03 pm »
Holy crap, Disgaeniac, that's quite a haul!   :o

vancha

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2012, 05:46:21 am »
This week i've gotten my very first Japanese PS3 game! Chosen this one as it is easy to learn without knowing much of the language. Anyone of you have any suggestions what else would be nice to start with? (have a Vita and DS Lite, PSP aswell)

Other then that, I've picked up a GameBoy Pocket for my handheld collection and gotten Wave Race with it for free, now I only really want a GameBoy Micro...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:25 am »
Holy crap, Disgaeniac, that's quite a haul!   :o

Thanks!

Took a lot of patience, though...like I said, it's been in the works for close to a year now :P

You guys (and gals:) know how it is...the longer you keep looking over lists of items you want that are for sale...the easier it is to keep on "just adding that 1 or 2 things more - they're not *that* much"...

...well, let me tell ya': "1 or 2 little "not-that-expensive" things here 'n' there" X (Almost a year) = "I owe you *HOW* much now"?!

:o

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2012, 11:05:47 am »
Heehee! Always worth it though  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:10 am »
Heehee! Always worth it though  ;D

Yes, indeed!

« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2012, 12:39:39 pm »
Just spotted my sig and remembered that I've sorted myself out with that Lennus 2 :D

darko

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2012, 01:25:07 pm »
I picked up Virtue's Last Reward last night. I recently played through 999 and freaking loved it. I need to get the good ending (will do that tonight) and then I'll pop the new one in. I'm pretty excited to play it after going through 999.

anton

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:25 pm »

I don't remember, exactly, since I got so many things together, but, iirc, around $15-$20.

DON'T be fooled by the link here that takes you to the guide on Amazon (the one that's going for $100+)...it goes to the link for the more expensive hardcover Star Ocean book/guide...I got the paperback one!

Oh cool, i want to get this guide, trying to complete the game 100% but it's kinda hard without a walkthrough.
Getting all the battle trophies is a nightmare

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »

Oh cool, i want to get this guide, trying to complete the game 100% but it's kinda hard without a walkthrough.
Getting all the battle trophies is a nightmare

Yeah - whenever you click-on one of the links here (that takes you to Amazon) - you've got to be careful about double-checking that the game/guide that you're linked to is the game/guide that you're interested in...Just like with that Star Ocean 4: TLH guide's link taking you (automatically) to the much more expensive, hardcover edition of it.

Be *especially* careful about double-checking when it comes to games that have been ported!

A couple of other examples of this that I've personally come across here would be:

- clicking-on the link here for the PS1 version of FF VII, will bring you to the Amazon page for the PSP (FF VII: Crisis Core) version,

- same thing with the PS1 version of Tactics Ogre ===> it will bring you to the page for the PSP Let Us Cling Together re-release,

- just like clicking-on the PS1 version of Valkyrie Profile will bring you to the page for the PSP port of the game...I imagine that the same would hold true for other PS1 ===> PSP games & series that have been ported, too (like some of the Persona games).

I learned this the hard way...when I almost had a heart-attack...thinking that the values of some of my older, rarer, and more valuable PS1 games had shot straight-to-the-basement  :o

blipcs76

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:52 am »
Picked up a pretty good haul this weekend.  I was very excited to find Tecmo Super Bowl at an antique store. 

NES ($5 each)
Tecmo Super Bowl
Karate Kid

Gamecube ($4)
Def Jam Vendetta

Xbox ($2 each)
Metal Slug 4&5
Bloodrayne 2
Oddworld Munch's Oddyssey
Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Sudeki

Wii ($15)