Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 33239 times)

jcalder8

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2013, 02:40:01 pm »
Final Fantasy 3 on SNES for 5 bones!  I'm a winner.
Score!

I picked up a few games today but nothing that great :(
For the 360:
NHL 2K10 - finally I haven't seen one locally for about a year and a half
Dreamcast Collection - finally I haven't seen one locally for about a year
Pure Futbol - for 3 bucks
NBA Live 09 - $1.00
Open Season for my son for $2.00
Planet 51 for my son for 5.00 - another one we have been looking for

PSP: Taito Legends: Power Up - $2.00

Nice with the dreamcast collection. Don't make the mistake that most people do and skip sega Bass Fishing. If nothing else, the announcer makes it worth the price of admission... all the way from his opening pronunciation of "Say - guh"
I already have it for the Dreamcast with a fishing controller 8)

scott

« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2013, 02:53:38 pm »
Final Fantasy 3 on SNES for 5 bones!  I'm a winner.

Oh man, nice! Congrats.

And I picked up the Pokemon Black 2 & White 2: Official Pokedex & Guide: Vol. 2 yesterday. Other than that, not much else gaming related as far as pick ups go for me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2013, 01:32:38 am »
It's been a while since I've posted my recent additions to my collection.  The ones I've added have just been small things - nothing too crazy.

I just got back from the Los Angeles, CA area and was fortunate enough to have a generous boyfriend who was willing to 1) rent a car while we were down there and 2) drive me around to at least 6 different Gamestops all over the LA county for me to browse through even though he isn't actually interested in game collecting.

Yesterday evening, I left the store with this lot:

Unfortunately, not everything was CIB prior to purchasing, but I thought I'd go for it anyway.  Various issues other than many of these missing manuals:
- .hack pt 4 was not actually in stock (this has never happened to me before in all my time of purchasing used games at Gamestop) but the clerk said I could have the case after I said I was super disappointed to hear the news
- when I opened up Rogue Galaxy hours later after leaving the store, I discovered that the disc was actually a demo disc :(
- and after doing some research on Sakura Wars (which I only bought because it was an NIS America title), I decided that I'll probably return it since the premium edition is still readily available on Amazon for not that much more.
- will probably return Tactics Ogre as well as it's not that much cheaper that a new retail copy.

Thankfully we still had one more day in Los Angeles after discovering the Rogue Galaxy error and were able to exchange it for a proper game disc.  After doing that, my boyfriend indulged me in a trip to two more Gamestops to get these two:

Had never heard of Arcana Heart but thought I'd grab it since it was an Atlus title and almost missed our flight back home (by less than 5 minutes) because I wanted to track down My World, My Way.

Not sure if a cart-only copy of My World, My Way would've been worth us actually missing our flight, but I'm glad I didn't decide against buying it just because of the lack of the case.  $9 for a game that's going for about $30 cart-only is ok by me.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sin2beta

« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:09 am »
It's been a while since I've posted my recent additions to my collection.  The ones I've added have just been small things - nothing too crazy.

I just got back from the Los Angeles, CA area and was fortunate enough to have a generous boyfriend who was willing to 1) rent a car while we were down there and 2) drive me around to at least 6 different Gamestops all over the LA county for me to browse through even though he isn't actually interested in game collecting.

Yesterday evening, I left the store with this lot:

Unfortunately, not everything was CIB prior to purchasing, but I thought I'd go for it anyway.  Various issues other than many of these missing manuals:
- .hack pt 4 was not actually in stock (this has never happened to me before in all my time of purchasing used games at Gamestop) but the clerk said I could have the case after I said I was super disappointed to hear the news
- when I opened up Rogue Galaxy hours later after leaving the store, I discovered that the disc was actually a demo disc :(
- and after doing some research on Sakura Wars (which I only bought because it was an NIS America title), I decided that I'll probably return it since the premium edition is still readily available on Amazon for not that much more.
- will probably return Tactics Ogre as well as it's not that much cheaper that a new retail copy.

Thankfully we still had one more day in Los Angeles after discovering the Rogue Galaxy error and were able to exchange it for a proper game disc.  After doing that, my boyfriend indulged me in a trip to two more Gamestops to get these two:

Had never heard of Arcana Heart but thought I'd grab it since it was an Atlus title and almost missed our flight back home (by less than 5 minutes) because I wanted to track down My World, My Way.

Not sure if a cart-only copy of My World, My Way would've been worth us actually missing our flight, but I'm glad I didn't decide against buying it just because of the lack of the case.  $9 for a game that's going for about $30 cart-only is ok by me.

I have never heard of Arcana Heart either. It seems like it has nice animation and art. It will be interesting to see how it plays as a fighting game,
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

desocietas

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:33 am »
I have never heard of Arcana Heart either. It seems like it has nice animation and art. It will be interesting to see how it plays as a fighting game,

Hah, yeah, I just looked up a YouTube video of it.  Had no idea it was a fighting game.  I don't usually play fighting games, so it might go up for sale :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2013, 02:15:42 am »
Despite missing manuals, cases and general GameStop disappointments, you got a pretty nice selection of games there.  :)

And a keeper of a boyfriend.  ;)

scott

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2013, 09:45:08 am »
OOh nice get on all that stuff there Desocietas! If you decide to get rid of Tactics Ogre and don't feel like returning it, I might be interested in it. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56:19 am »
Been looking for Arcana Heart since I passed one up a year or two ago; now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

This weekend, my wife traded her copy of Lego Lord of the Rings for Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7.

I found a copy of Haunting Featuring Polterguy (Genesis), which I've been searching for for quite a while.  I also picked up a surprising item at Goodwill.  A boxed, complete copy of the Japanese import of Donkey Konga; bongos/game/inserts/etc.  I'm often surprised what I run across at that Goodwill.  Last time I was there I was about 5 minutes too late to snag an Atari 5200 system.

desocietas

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »
Been looking for Arcana Heart since I passed one up a year or two ago; now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The one I found yesterday doesn't have a manual or any other inserts and the box art has remnants of price stickers that someone tried to peel off unsuccessfully (not on the case, but the art itself  :(). BUT if that's all ok by you, I'm happy to sell it to a fellow VGCer.

I also picked up a surprising item at Goodwill.  A boxed, complete copy of the Japanese import of Donkey Konga; bongos/game/inserts/etc.  I'm often surprised what I run across at that Goodwill.  Last time I was there I was about 5 minutes too late to snag an Atari 5200 system.

Nice work!  That's crazy that a Goodwill had an import copy of anything, much less a giant peripheral based game.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

nanner666

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2013, 01:50:07 pm »
Most recent pick up.

scored it off Facebook actually.

20 bucks for all 4 complete in box.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:51:48 pm by nanner666 »

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2013, 02:16:20 pm »
Most recent pick up.

Damn! Great deal!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

jcalder8

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »
Most recent pick up.

That's cool I don't think I've ever seen a Facebook score before :D

desocietas

« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »
Oh man, loved me some Krusty's Super Fun House back in the day.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

nanner666

« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:53 pm »
that last post was my most recent pick up.

Until a few mins ago.

off yet another facebook tip

Both were 6 dollars a piece.  Both complete in box. Except the instructions for battletech is a laminated copy from a rental store.
they had some other games but i either already had them or they were REALLY common games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »
Rocket Knight Adventures is a great game! One of the best in the Genesis's library. But dang is it hard!