Author Topic: first game you played  (Read 4280 times)

first game you played
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »
what is the first game you ever remember playing?

oh mummy on the Sinclair ZX spectrum+2

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: first game you played
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »
I want to say it was Donkey Kong Country at my cousin's house

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »
I'm about certain it was Pac-Man on the 2600. I know it was either Pac-Man, Stampede, E.T., or Baseball on the 2600.

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:57:02 pm »
IIRC it was Super Mario Bros 3.  Might have been TMNT or Bad News Baseball though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:59:02 pm »
I'm about certain it was Pac-Man on the 2600. I know it was either Pac-Man, Stampede, E.T., or Baseball on the 2600.
i didnt play on an atari until i was 6
got my ZX+2 when i was 5
i think :/

soera

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 11:08:21 pm »
I think Im a little older than most of the rest of you. I really cant imagine the first game I played. It has to be something on the Atari or the Intellivision or maybe even the Commodore 64.

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »
First game I played was on the Atari 2600.

Prolly Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom. Possibly Frogger or Carnival. Or Pitfall.

I don't know.

The 1st Nintendo game I played was obviously Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt. Naturally.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »
Honestly I have no idea, my dad had an Intellivision from the time I was born. I know the first game I excelled at was Shark! Shark! I used to get so many lives that I would just turn it off when I got bored.

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »
Kinda interesting reading the replies and seeing how much of a spread there is from Atari era to SNES so far.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:02:26 am »
My dad had a commodore 64 from when I was born. I don't know exactly what was my first game, but as a kid it was probably the C64 Duck Tales.

I remember the first console game I played. It was super mario bros. A kid in my neighborhood had a get together that my sister went to (they were older than me). But I remember seeing Super Mario Bros being played when we picked mt sister up. I could not believe that a game looked like that. At that time I was playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on C64. Mario was just on a whole different level. I got a chance to play it and have been hooked since.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 12:24:33 am »
My dad got a snes the same year I was born, I'm thinking it was Super Mario World than Mario Bros./Duck hunt at my aunts on her nes

ffxik

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 03:27:13 am »
At my aunt and uncles house.  Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.  Back in '87.

darko

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:03:43 am »
Another vote for SMB/Duck Hunt. Received the NES as a Christmas gift from my Grandparents, hooked it up to their stylin' 80's TV (which was badass because it had a remote), and played SMB & Duck Hunt with my dad.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 10:19:52 am »
I think Im a little older than most of the rest of you. I really cant imagine the first game I played. It has to be something on the Atari or the Intellivision or maybe even the Commodore 64.

I think me & you are close in age, buddy :P

Anyhow, on a home console = Breakout (on the "Atari w/ a paddle" system I can never remember the name of:) and for a "not-at-home" console...it would probably be playing pinball or air hockey in a bar somewhere...

...if those don't count than pick an arcade game - I was playing 'em all around the same time!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »
The first games I remember playing are Atari 400 games - Joust, Pacman and Zorro specifically.