Author Topic: Reprinted  (Read 7961 times)

scott

Re: Reprinted
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:31 pm »
Any news on where to look for these reprinted PS2 games?  Cause, no where stocks PS2 games on the shelf anymore.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

psydswipe

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 12:27:21 pm »
EDIT: Thinking about it some more, considering that SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is coming out in April, it would make sense for them to reprint the first Devil Summoner.  Kinda like how they're doing with the Etrian Odyssey series.

Good deduction. The email does state that that is one of the reasons they've decided to release it again, the other being they've received a number of requests for it.

Any news on where to look for these reprinted PS2 games?  Cause, no where stocks PS2 games on the shelf anymore.

That I do not know. I can tell you the MSRP is $29.99.

scott

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 12:41:26 pm »
Keep me posted!

insektmute

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
Gonna have to jump on this I think, or at least one of them. I've only played a little bit of 2 and 3, but the style reminds me a lot of Wizardry, and that's always a plus in my book :)

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
Gonna have to jump on this I think, or at least one of them. I've only played a little bit of 2 and 3, but the style reminds me a lot of Wizardry, and that's always a plus in my book :)

I'm not familiar with Wizardry, but after Googling the art, I can see the resemblance!  EO is a little brighter and greener, but yeah, I dig the style a lot even though you never really see your characters.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 08:35:53 pm »
I'm not familiar with Wizardry, but after Googling the art, I can see the resemblance!  EO is a little brighter and greener, but yeah, I dig the style a lot even though you never really see your characters.

Both kinda harken back to that old-school roguelike (aka die, puny player!) kind of vibe, which I guess sort of spiritually links EO and Wizardry to stuff like Dark Souls and Baroque. If you're curious though, there is a demo of Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls on PSN - first game in the series to receive a US release since 2001!

I still wish they'd done a physical release, but considering the microscopic market for it, it kinda warms the cockles of my nerd heart that anyone was willing to take a chance on it, let alone release a DLC expansion.

scott

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:14:26 am »
I checked Amazon for Etrian Odyssey 1 this morning, for grins, and it looks like Amazon itself is already sold out of the reprint. Or at least I don't see a listing for it anymore. A couple days ago I had checked it and they still had stock for it. Hope anyone that still wanted to jump on it, was able to!.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 11:31:23 am »
I checked Amazon for Etrian Odyssey 1 this morning, for grins, and it looks like Amazon itself is already sold out of the reprint. Or at least I don't see a listing for it anymore. A couple days ago I had checked it and they still had stock for it. Hope anyone that still wanted to jump on it, was able to!.

Wow, that's fast!  I'm glad people have been looking for that title.  It was a great launch title, and I was so pleased that it did well enough to warrant three more games, considering how "niche" and exclusive people felt it might be.  Hopefully there will be more!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:56 pm »
I think I bought my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army (complete) for about $40 at Vintage Stock this past year...  $80 on Ebay?  That's just insane.

psydswipe

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 06:58:45 am »
Got some more info from Atlus. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner -- Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army has 1,116 copies shipping this week. Another game, though this one recent, that they are printing more of is the Disgaea 4 premium edition for PS3. There are 900 copies shipping the week of March 4th.

As far as the first post in the topic, all copies of Etrian Odyssey IV that come with the bonus have been sold to retailers so no more should show up after launch (2/26). The replenishment shipment with no bonus hits the week of March 18th.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:39 am »
Got some more info from Atlus. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner -- Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army has 1,116 copies shipping this week. Another game, though this one recent, that they are printing more of is the Disgaea 4 premium edition for PS3. There are 900 copies shipping the week of March 4th.

As far as the first post in the topic, all copies of Etrian Odyssey IV that come with the bonus have been sold to retailers so no more should show up after launch (2/26). The replenishment shipment with no bonus hits the week of March 18th.

Sweet - thanks for the update!  I really want to pick up that first Devil Summoner... Are they just shipping to Amazon?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 12:19:43 pm »
Sweet - thanks for the update!  I really want to pick up that first Devil Summoner... Are they just shipping to Amazon?

I don't think so, doubt I'd get the emails if that game was exclusive to any one retailer. It's up to each retailer to order however many copies they want so I suppose Amazon could be the only one that ordered copies but I doubt it. My guess would be that it will be easier to find the game at an online retailer though just because I don't know how many retailers still make shelf space for PS2 games.

scott

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:44 pm »
Man I wish I could afford to pick that game up. But, my collecting budget is being slashed drastically.

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 01:40:13 pm »
Hey, if they're reprinting it, it won't be $80 from the retailer (hopefull)... It might go the route of Radiant Historia.

Yeah, most likely Amazon or another online distributor - it might be like when Atlus made a small reprint of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1 in 2008.  That batch was exclusive to Amazon, if anything.

^still kicking myself for not jumping on that reprint
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 04:03:48 pm »
Hey, if they're reprinting it, it won't be $80 from the retailer (hopefull)... It might go the route of Radiant Historia.

Yeah, most likely Amazon or another online distributor - it might be like when Atlus made a small reprint of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1 in 2008.  That batch was exclusive to Amazon, if anything.

^still kicking myself for not jumping on that reprint
If I'm thinking of the same batch, a lot of those showed up at Gamestop stores, not just Amazon.