Author Topic: Reprinted  (Read 7976 times)

desocietas

Re: Reprinted
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »
Hey, if they're reprinting it, it won't be $80 from the retailer (hopefull)... It might go the route of Radiant Historia.

Yeah, most likely Amazon or another online distributor - it might be like when Atlus made a small reprint of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PS1 in 2008.  That batch was exclusive to Amazon, if anything.

^still kicking myself for not jumping on that reprint
If I'm thinking of the same batch, a lot of those showed up at Gamestop stores, not just Amazon.

I'm just basing it on this email I had from them:
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:30 pm »
I saw that this has dropped in price: http://www.amazon.com/Megami-Tensei-Devil-Summoner-Playstation-2/dp/B000FPGZUE/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1362024765&sr=1-2&keywords=devil+summoner

But you said the reprints should be at $29.99, no?

Wondering if I should jump on this at this price or not.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 01:56:53 am »
That definitely isn't the batch I was thinking of. Mine was a few years earlier.

Edit: That new price is for a third party seller. :\
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:02:13 am by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 02:12:34 am »
Edit: That new price is for a third party seller. :\

Yeah, that's what made me think it was weird... not sure what caused that price drop unless they knew that the cheaper batch would be unleasehed soon.  Just the other day, they were all listed around $100+ at the cheapest through a third party.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

It was supposed to release last week for $29.99; I can't really tell if it did or not though. Do retailers have to stick to MSRP? I would think they should to keep the game publisher happy.

I'm logged into a distributor's website right now and while they don't have any in stock, they list the release date as yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:58:42 am by psydswipe »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:25 pm »
I saw that this has dropped in price: http://www.amazon.com/Megami-Tensei-Devil-Summoner-Playstation-2/dp/B000FPGZUE/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1362024765&sr=1-2&keywords=devil+summoner

Hahaha!

When I click-on that link...it brings me right to an Amazon page...where it's showing the game as being $20.00 *Cheaper* to buy it new, instead of used  :o

*scratches ass...I mean head* :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 01:00:22 pm »
It was supposed to release last week for $29.99; I can't really tell if it did or not though. Do retailers have to stick to MSRP? I would think they should to keep the game publisher happy.

I'm logged into a distributor's website right now and while they don't have any in stock, they list the release date as yesterday.

Hm, ok; I bought one anyway just in case the price jumped back up, but I'll keep an eye on it in case it drops again.  Thanks for the update :)

Hahaha!

When I click-on that link...it brings me right to an Amazon page...where it's showing the game as being $20.00 *Cheaper* to buy it new, instead of used  :o

Ha, yeah, like I said, previously the "new" price was something crazy, like $100+, so the used price made sense then...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »
Same thing ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:52 pm »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:59 am »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:04 am »
http://www.amazon.com/Megami-Tensei-Devil-Summoner-Playstation-2/dp/B000FPGZUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1362074474&sr=1-1&keywords=devil+summoner

Looks like it's inching closer to $29.99 - so weird that it's happening this way instead of just through Amazon.  Maybe 3rd parties were trying to make a little extra profit...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:34 am »
Been keeping an eye on this too, even though I already have an overpriced copy. It dropped another $10 just since last night - if that keeps up, I might pick up another copy just for the hell of it. Might be interesting to compare the two print runs and see if there are any differences, too.

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:40 am »
Been keeping an eye on this too, even though I already have an overpriced copy. It dropped another $10 just since last night - if that keeps up, I might pick up another copy just for the hell of it. Might be interesting to compare the two print runs and see if there are any differences, too.

Yeah, let me know.  I made the mistake of ordering a copy right when it dropped under $50, but it looks like it might go towards the $29.99 that psydswipe had mentioned.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »
If it's anything like other second prints I own, you'll get a flimsier PS2 case that doesn't have a memory card holder. >:\

insektmute

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 02:45:06 pm »
Hrm, I'm not sure I've actually run into that before.

I have noticed that the Japanese PS2 games I have all seem to use much sturdier cases than the US ones, though :p