Author Topic: February 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 25103 times)

Re: February 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2013, 11:54:08 pm »
I always unseal games as they arrive just so I can have a good look through whatever they've put inside (which isn't much these days!) - if I've not bought it to play then I shouldn't have bought it at all IMO.

scott

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »
if I've not bought it to play then I shouldn't have bought it at all IMO.

Agreed.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:32 am »
I always unseal games as they arrive just so I can have a good look through whatever they've put inside (which isn't much these days!) - if I've not bought it to play then I shouldn't have bought it at all IMO.
like wise
get the games to play not for decoration

desocietas

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2013, 12:11:11 am »
I mean the cart/disc scan. Ha

Ah, gotcha.  Good jorb, you completionist, you.

And to keep on topic, I got my EOIV in the mail today!  Not bad for regular free shipping.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2013, 09:58:14 am »
like wise
get the games to play not for decoration

I know, right?!

What a shock finding people that both play games & *collect* them...on a...*GASP*...Video Game Collection site  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:38 am »
Oh I'm not saying that its a bad thing and I get it. But on games I'm gonna play anyway I'd rather open them sooner than later. Especially if they get pricey, cause then there's the whole pang of guilt for cracking open a spendy title.

Plus I like seeing what's inside too. I bet if I had opened EOIV 2 years from now, I would have been much more let down by its contents. Ha

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2013, 10:06:09 am »
I wasn't directing that at you, at all, Scott :)

I don't have any "Hannah Montana"'s in my collection, either...I just don't open 'em 'till I'm ready to play them.

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:50 am »
Oh dear was that aimed at me then? Because my thinking is like Scott's - I bought it to play so I may as well unwrap it now and satisfy my curiosity.

insektmute

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2013, 11:00:25 am »
Anyone else just find it kinda fun to open a bunch of new goodies up? It's like Christmas every time! :p

desocietas

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2013, 11:36:04 am »
Anyone else just find it kinda fun to open a bunch of new goodies up? It's like Christmas every time! :p

Oh totally.  I used to do that as soon as I could, making sure I had a nice, clean area to take everything in.

But I've found that I'll buy a game, open it up and look at everything, but never get around to playing it for another few months... or years.  At this point, I sometimes prefer to leave them sealed if I know I won't be playing it immediately.  For things like the Etrian Odyssey series, I've only played the first one, so I'm a bit hesitant about seeing the insides of the sequels... I feel like it'd give away too much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49:05 am »
Oh dear was that aimed at me then? Because my thinking is like Scott's - I bought it to play so I may as well unwrap it now and satisfy my curiosity.

Nope!

Not at you either, Kimimi :)

It was directed at stethebubble for calling our un-opened games "decorations".

I also only buy games that I want to play myself (admittedly, I will sometimes, speculatively, purchase more than 1 copy of things that I think are likely to become tomorrow's "Suikoden-2's")...but...nothing that ANY anonymous  (hell, or even someone that's *not* anonymous:) says on-line will ever make me feel bad/lose any sleep over that :P

Also, *MY* reason for not opening up my games right away anymore is because, since I've lost my hand, I've found that I've bought some games here 'n' there that I *thought* that I'd be able to play one-handed...and then...later (sadly), would find out by, say, trying it-out at a friend's house...that it was just physically not possible for me to do so.

Shit, using even 1/4 of my brain, I can figure out - that in these instances - I'm better off having the game still sealed as I can (*obviously*) get more of what I spent on it back, that way  8)

TL;DR

I Don't Keep 'Em Sealed Just To Decorate My House With Them  ;)

That's the thing w/ making *ASSUMPTIONS* about other people, though  ;D

scott

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »
I wasn't directing that at you, at all, Scott :)

I don't have any "Hannah Montana"'s in my collection, either...I just don't open 'em 'till I'm ready to play them.

I didn't think you were. :)

soera

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »
My entire NES collection is a decoration. I really am not that interested in the system anymore other than filling my wall. I honestly wish I hadnt started going for a full NES set. I also have a number of sealed items simply cause I got them about the same price as CIB and may as well take the sealed instead. Once my son gets old enough to respect the game area, I will be able to go in there freely and play the games I have instead of just using my whole room as a locked up display.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:03 pm »
My entire NES collection is a decoration. I really am not that interested in the system anymore other than filling my wall. I honestly wish I hadnt started going for a full NES set. I also have a number of sealed items simply cause I got them about the same price as CIB and may as well take the sealed instead. Once my son gets old enough to respect the game area, I will be able to go in there freely and play the games I have instead of just using my whole room as a locked up display.

That is sad that so many games are locked up and not being played.  :'(

foxhack

« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:24 pm »
Final find of the month: And it was free.

Dead Island GOTY Edition for Steam courtesy of Raptr. There were only 5000 keys and I managed to snag one.