Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 173230 times)

jobocan

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2012, 05:40:41 pm »
That shelf with the consoles is awesome, I may have to copy your idea once I end up buying a house.

scott

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:30 pm »
Welcome to the site Hexydes! I really dig you set up too, I wish I had room to do something like that for all of my consoles too. Its pretty sweet (though I'm picky enough I'd attempt to hide the power strips).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Nice setup.  I like seeing all of those consoles stacked and ready to play, regardless if you have to use a bunch of power strips so they're all plugged in simultaneously ;)  I hate those big brick power plugs.  Thank God modern consoles put the brick in the middle of the cord rather than at the plug.

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, those big bricks suck, they generally took up two spots, so I have probably one adapter more than I actually need, just to fit them in. I'll probably upgrade to one single, long power strip here eventually, but for now, it was a cheap solution!

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2012, 06:06:46 pm »
Welcome to the site Hexydes! I really dig you set up too, I wish I had room to do something like that for all of my consoles too. Its pretty sweet (though I'm picky enough I'd attempt to hide the power strips).

Thanks!

Yeah, the power strips are ugly. I had a tall, old wooden entertainment center there (loved the 80s look), but eventually I had to get rid of it so I could get that hybrid HDTV/CRT that you see there. I just had too many consoles to use the old CRT I had (and the XBox 360 needed the HDMI). Oh well...we'll see what I can do down the line. :)

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »
That shelf with the consoles is awesome, I may have to copy your idea once I end up buying a house.

Not sure if you're replying to me (I saw a few shelves with consoles), but if so, thanks! It was a good solution, those shelves are pretty cheap, and they're very minimalist, so as not to distract from the real beauties. :)

jobocan

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:54 pm »

Not sure if you're replying to me (I saw a few shelves with consoles), but if so, thanks! It was a good solution, those shelves are pretty cheap, and they're very minimalist, so as not to distract from the real beauties. :)

Yeah, I was replying to you, that's a very cool setup. I don't have the space for a shelf like that now (so my setup is super messy, but when I have a bigger space I'm definitely doing something similar.

« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2012, 08:16:25 pm »
Yeah, I was replying to you, that's a very cool setup. I don't have the space for a shelf like that now (so my setup is super messy, but when I have a bigger space I'm definitely doing something similar.

Ah, well thanks! Yeah, it takes up a bit of room, but it's in the basement, so nobody cares.  ;)

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »
Here's an update of mine:
http://imgur.com/a/jaYVG

pacpix

« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »
Nice pong machine!  Do you have a favorite console?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2012, 04:17:11 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Nice setup.  I like seeing all of those consoles stacked and ready to play, regardless if you have to use a bunch of power strips so they're all plugged in simultaneously ;)  I hate those big brick power plugs.  Thank God modern consoles put the brick in the middle of the cord rather than at the plug.

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, those big bricks suck, they generally took up two spots, so I have probably one adapter more than I actually need, just to fit them in. I'll probably upgrade to one single, long power strip here eventually, but for now, it was a cheap solution!

I had this issue as well, but with my entertainment center I was able to hide and mount one of these vertically:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100657490/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=power+strip&storeId=10051#.UFDtbo1lQXg

They are a little pricey but it works great! No more cables on the floor and one single cable (plus the TV) going to the power outlet.

blipcs76

« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »
When I eventually get my game room done, I"ll probably just use a couple of Power Squids:

« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »
I had this issue as well, but with my entertainment center I was able to hide and mount one of these vertically:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100657490/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=power+strip&storeId=10051#.UFDtbo1lQXg

They are a little pricey but it works great! No more cables on the floor and one single cable (plus the TV) going to the power outlet.

Yup! I'm actually looking at this one on Amazon myself...

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-PS4816-16-Outlet-15-Foot/dp/B000051174/

shingouryu

« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »

Okay, here's my TV and general view from my couch

And a close up on my systems (forgive the mess of chords).  My PS3 is hiding in the nook on the far right.

The bulk of my collection

My guides and various other stuffs.

Sadly, I live in an apartment, so there's only so much I can do in terms of making it look really nice.

jcalder8

« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »
Great pictures guys,  I love to see what others have done with their collections

« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »

This is my collection. It's grown since I took this but this is the jist of it.