Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 82394 times)

killerchameleon

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2012, 07:27:09 am »
What about the Willy Beamish watch I guess that's missing.

The game doesn't come with a watch but certain boxes included an offer card to send away for the watch.  I'd put up a pic of the watch, but I couldn't find one easily online.  Pretty rare, I'm sure.

That's great about the spiral notebook and the stickers!  I wonder if it was even used...

Strange, Mine did come with the watch.

jcalder8

« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »
Picked up two loose SNES games today:
Stunt Race FX $5
Mr. Do $7.50

scott

« Reply #482 on: February 25, 2012, 11:44:53 am »
Kid Dracula for Game Boy just arrived. It's cart only, since it's finding the box and manual is near impossible. The listing said it's label was worn, but when I got it today and pulled it out of the package it was mint. woot.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #483 on: February 25, 2012, 12:04:59 pm »
Just picked up 4 NES games complete in box and in brand new condition for $10 each. TMNT, Legendary wings, Maniac Mansion, and Super C

darko

« Reply #484 on: February 25, 2012, 09:48:49 pm »
Finally picked up Breath of Fire on the GBA. I've had BoF2 on the GBA for a long time and never could find a copy of the first one. Ebay + 13.00 = win.

scott

« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:13 pm »
Oh I almost forgot, GameStop had Metroid Prime Trilogy in stock. Of course the slip cover is from a display version, but it's complete otherwise, Manual, Steelbook case and artbook. Plus with the membership discount I saved an extra 10% on it. So rather than 70-75+ from ebay or Amazon, I got it for like 62. I'm pleased with it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2012, 04:05:54 pm »
I just bought Deus EX Human Revolution Augmented Edition, The Missing Link, and both pieces of DLC on Steam for $14.28 after coupons.

That's the extent of my game purchases for a while. X_@

jcalder8

« Reply #487 on: February 26, 2012, 06:15:14 pm »
Picked up a few things over the last couple days:
Zendoku for the DS. It's like Puzzle Quest only with Sudoku, yeah it's weird but for $5 I figured I'd give it a try
Infernal: Hell's Vengeance for $5
Batman Arkham City for the 360 for 45. I decided that I had waited long enough and I just bought it :D I'll be playing it tonight and I can't wait!
4 complete Intellivision games for 3.50 each:
Poker & Blackjack
Space Battle
Space Hawk
Vectron
Last but not least is Skygunner for 2.50

pacpix

« Reply #488 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »
Picked up Time Splitters 2(gamecube) and Pac-Attack(gameboy)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2012, 07:41:49 pm »
The instructions for the Vita games ARE on the card, from what I understand none of them will have separate instructions.  

desocietas

« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2012, 09:59:49 pm »
The instructions for the Vita games ARE on the card, from what I understand none of them will have separate instructions.  

Lamesauce!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2012, 08:11:12 am »
I don't really feel too bad about not having to worry about instructions. I mean, do I love the idea? Not really. But I can live with it as long as I'm still able to purchase a physical copy of a game.

I'm actually slightly concerned about the future of Sony in the console market. If the Vita ends up bombing over the next year then I think we might see developers starting to jump ship.

desocietas

« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:33 am »
I don't really feel too bad about not having to worry about instructions. I mean, do I love the idea? Not really. But I can live with it as long as I'm still able to purchase a physical copy of a game.

I'm actually slightly concerned about the future of Sony in the console market. If the Vita ends up bombing over the next year then I think we might see developers starting to jump ship.

I agree... going from the best to the worst in such a short amount of time... It's like Sega all over again.  Loved my Genesis... and I loved my PS2 (still do).

When the original Xbox came out, I didn't think Microsoft would be doing this well with competition from Sony and Nintendo...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:48 am »
Unfortunately I really believe that the Vita will be the last handheld system for Sony. I also believe that Sony's only chance at gaining market share in the US is to release the PS4 before the new Xbox at a maximum price point of $350 with an option to buy one at $250 with the only difference between the systems being storage.

I don't think Sony will completely exit the gaming market. They'll still make consoles for Japan and maybe other Asian markets, but I don't think we'll see anything after the PS4 in the US unless things drastically change for them. If they were smart (assuming a Japanese only console) they would release the games in Japanese (as they do now) and let the console translate the games into a number of different languages.

amauriel

« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:34 pm »
I'm really not sure we'll even see a PS4. I thought I read that Sony was considering leaving the console market altogether, focusing instead on handhelds only.

I honestly am not sure I'd be sad to see them go...we generally buy consoles as soon as they come out (my husband and I both game and that's our big hobby), but we didn't get a PS3 until Metal Gear Solid 4 came out. We don't have a Vita yet and until I see a Shin Megami game or something I love as much, I don't see any reason to drop the money right now. The PSP almost never gets any playtime in our house. (It didn't see ANY playtime for a couple of years, then I got Persona 2: Innocent Sin and have been working on that.)

I know I'm a handheld gamer and that the DS/3DS is where most of my time/money goes. But the XBox gets time in our house, the Wii does just for 1st party titles, and the PS3 gets turned on when friends come over and they want to watch a movie.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."