Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 82374 times)

soera

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2012, 02:00:48 pm »
Im on the other side of the boat. I hate the xbox. Their systems are horribly unreliable and the controllers are oversized and bulky. The rpg options on xbox are crap too. I dont think they have one decent game that isnt shared with a PS3 version.

darko

« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2012, 04:34:35 pm »
Im on the other side of the boat. I hate the xbox. Their systems are horribly unreliable and the controllers are oversized and bulky. The rpg options on xbox are crap too. I dont think they have one decent game that isnt shared with a PS3 version.

I don't really agree that the 360 is unreliable at this point. Both the PS3 slim and the Xbox slim have very low death rates. As far as the games? I see plenty of original PS3s on CL that are dead/dying. Meh, either way.

The JRPG offerings on any console at this point are scarce at best. Arguably the best one that was released this entire generation was Lost Odyssey (apart from remakes of course).

I prefer the 360 over the PS3 BECAUSE of the controller, but to each his own.

Anyway, back to the recent pickups!

scott

« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:07 pm »

I prefer the 360 over the PS3 BECAUSE of the controller, but to each his own.

Anyway, back to the recent pickups!

I also prefer the feel of the 360 controller, and I have both systems as well. Plus the fact that if the battery starts to die, I can just swap batteries rather than having to plug in a too-short-for-practicality usb cord to the PS3 controller.

Anyway back on topic:

I was bidding on a sweet deal of a find on Castlevania: Double Pack. It was sealed, but the box had a crease in it, which I was ok with. I was on the verge of winning it when it didn't take my final bid thanks to server lag or something and I missed out on it. I was certain the bid went through too. When I lost I pulled a dur dur and searched up for another copy and found a CIB version on Amazon for a bit over what that one went for, so I snagged it. Which means I now own all the Castlevania games released in the States, next up finishing off the boxed copies, but that may wait a bit for better deals on the last 3 I need.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:56 pm »

I was on the verge of winning it when it didn't take my final bid thanks to server lag or something and I missed out on it. I was certain the bid went through too.

I hate that! I was bidding on a boxed copy of Scheherazade and was winning til the last 3 seconds. Someone bid me up and I upped it on the 1-click bid box but by the time it registered, it was over and I lost. :|

foxhack

« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:23 pm »
Not exactly a game find, but...

Cost me half a buck.

jcalder8

« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »
@foxhack, that looks very nice. Any idea where it came from?

foxhack

« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:16 am »
VGMdb says that it was included in the very first releases of the game... I haven't seen any with this included, so I dunno.

Today's haul:

$1

And from an old friend of mine...

Temp Sound Solutions: Now You're Playing with Powar 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5, and X, plus a TSS shirt (which ended up being too big for me) - $50 shipped. I got a discount since I've supported him for YEARS and promoted his stuff at my website. Yay!

madmax

« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:50 pm »
Just got this in the mail. Both sealed. Crisis Core cost me like $20 which is crazy for a sealed copy. They shipped USA only but @forte snagged it for me :D

darko

« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »
I picked up Wild Arms XF on the PSP today.

killerchameleon

« Reply #504 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:28 am »
I know I sound like an infomercial for Onlive but cloud gaming is the future, if Sony and Microsoft don’t jump in and take hold of it soon there going to be left in the dark.  Powerful processing gaming systems will be out like the big V8 muscle cars.

killerchameleon

« Reply #505 on: February 29, 2012, 08:05:49 am »
Another thought popped into my head about the handhelds.  Why buy a handheld when with could gaming you can play the same game that’s on my computer and TV you will be able to play on your phone or ipad type device.  I don’t know this cloud gaming thing, feels like there’s going to be a big shift on how we play games soon.

soera

« Reply #506 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:07 am »
Misread post.

darko

« Reply #507 on: February 29, 2012, 08:41:14 am »
Another thought popped into my head about the handhelds.  Why buy a handheld when with could gaming you can play the same game that’s on my computer and TV you will be able to play on your phone or ipad type device.  I don’t know this cloud gaming thing, feels like there’s going to be a big shift on how we play games soon.

I'm not denying that it's going to become more and more common to stream games, but there are 2 big issues going against services like Onlive right now:

1) You need pretty damn good up/down speeds to stream new games. There's a ton of data that has to go back and forth between your device and the cloud/server. Everyone here obviously has internet, but I doubt that everyone here has good enough internet speeds to stream a game like Mass Effect 3. Hell, there are a ton of people who have a 360/PS3 and don't use Live or PSN because their internet sucks/they don't have internet at all.

2) Pricing. Most people are not willing to pay the same price for a digital copy of a game vs a hard copy. I'm not paying $60 for something that I don't actually own. I think a lot of people probably feel the same way.

Now with Onlive I believe you pay a monthly fee, not sure, but it's going to have to be pretty cheap to entice the masses. Think about it, if you're paying $30 per month for it (assumption) and nothing comes out for 2 months that you want to play, you've blown $60 on nothing. As it stands now, you go out and buy what you want to play when you want it. It just makes more sense for the majority of people to just pay for what they want.

jobocan

« Reply #508 on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:45 am »
Now with Onlive I believe you pay a monthly fee, not sure, but it's going to have to be pretty cheap to entice the masses. Think about it, if you're paying $30 per month for it (assumption) and nothing comes out for 2 months that you want to play, you've blown $60 on nothing. As it stands now, you go out and buy what you want to play when you want it. It just makes more sense for the majority of people to just pay for what they want.

Actually, unless that changed in the last few months, OnLive is free right now, you just have to pay for the games you want (basically the same prices as on Steam). You can also pay a monthly fee to get access to an increasing amount of games without having to pay for them individually (though that's mostly the older games on the service).

darko

« Reply #509 on: February 29, 2012, 11:13:28 am »
Actually, unless that changed in the last few months, OnLive is free right now, you just have to pay for the games you want (basically the same prices as on Steam). You can also pay a monthly fee to get access to an increasing amount of games without having to pay for them individually (though that's mostly the older games on the service).

I see. That's not too bad then. At least you have the option to play what you want without a subscription fee.