Author Topic: Bad PS4  (Read 5952 times)

darko

Re: Bad PS4
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 06:59:06 pm »
Give it a couple of months after launch...the PS3 controllers will work one way or another.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »
I'm not worried about it most of my PS3 digital games are because I'm a plus member... besides that. I plan on keeping my PS3 maybe buy a slim when they are cheaper.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

soera

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:39 am »
I'd just like to note he said it's his "expectation" that used games will be playable, and per the reporter, the PR guy didn't answer the question "clearly".  I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of Season Pass type feature (like EA does with it's sports games) to get some revenue off of used games. 

I find this potentially much more troubling than the lack of support for the DS3.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

insektmute

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 03:48:02 am »
He said it's the consumer's expectation to be able to play used games, and this is also his expectation.

While there's a degree of ambiguity in what's being said, I don't read too much into it. The whole interview with Yoshida highlights a lot of awkward, simple language, which is fine - he and the PR rep are both Japanese - but combine that with Eurogamer looking for very specific responses, and Sony trying to be careful about the flow of information (which is typical for any product launch), and it becomes very easy to read into things.

I'm not saying a season pass mechanism or something isn't a possibility, just that this wouldn't be a source I use as a basis for speculation.

On a related note, has anyone asked about whether games will continue to be region-free?

madmax

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:30 am »
Ths far the only thing I;ve seen on the PS4 that interests me is WatchDogs and thats getting a PC release that will most likely have better graphics. So, in reality, nothing the PS4 offers so far is tempting.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »
Ths far the only thing I;ve seen on the PS4 that interests me is WatchDogs and thats getting a PC release that will most likely have better graphics. So, in reality, nothing the PS4 offers so far is tempting.
I wonder which one square-enix is choosing to release their products more on
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

insektmute

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:06 pm »
One of Square's biggest mistakes was merging with Enix. The other was turning into a multi-platform company.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »
don't know about that insektmute I really enjoy enix games such as Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma

insektmute

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »
All of which are pre-merger. Enix was great on its own as well, but apart from Dragon Quest, is really kind of a shell of what it used to be, too.

scott

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:23 pm »
The same could be said for Capcom.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »
Im pretty saddened about the way the Square Enix merger went too. When it was announced, it was predicted to be the greatest thing to ever happen to console RPGs since the start of them itself. But Final fantasy went from top of the world to the bottom of the barrel to a lot of people. Dragon Quest went from being a reliably consistant series to nothing but re-releases and offspins and Japanese only releases.

insektmute

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »
There's a line in Ghost in the Shell that sums it up nicely: "Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 04:45:10 pm »
I'm still angry that I have to either learn Japanese or wait till someone was nice enough to translate it. What would be really nice is they should create a chip into the PS4 that is used to process the translation into English in a real time event and allow imports on it for this reason....

sin2beta

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »
The same could be said for Capcom.

And Sega, Nintendo, Konami, SNK etc.

I think things have turned into a publisher realm nowadays. I follow ATLUS more than any other company that currently makes games.

The bigger the company gets the less innovative they are. This makes sense. They have to play it safe. They have to support a lot of people. If your innovation makes a big mistake you lose jobs. Square and Enix merging also merged the two companies bureaucracies.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c