Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190151 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1140 on: February 19, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »
Finished Watch Dogs today and Saint's Row 3 a few days ago =D

« Reply #1141 on: February 19, 2017, 10:19:10 pm »
Finished Republique and Roundabout today.

Episode 4 of Republique felt very reminiscent of Haunting Ground to me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1142 on: February 27, 2017, 02:05:31 am »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)

5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)

This game is fun as hell! Challenging, but fun. And it's JUST challenging enough to make you want to keep trying. It's not one that makes you want to throw down the controller in frustration.

The graphics are gorgeous and totally cartoony and fun, the soundtrack is fantastic and fits the game perfectly, and sound-effects compliment the soundtrack.

The gameplay is pure-platforming, with wonderfully designed-levels that test your skills while making you smile.

I recommend this for all gamers that enjoy a good platformer. A must have in everyone's library.

But DAMN that last level, the part where all the debris is falling mid-air and you're running full speed dodging it, trying not to fall down the pit...SO FREAKING HARD!!!

« Reply #1143 on: February 27, 2017, 08:30:47 am »
Finished Dark Souls II this weekend.  Might start up Bloodborne while I wait for the Switch to come out.

kashell

« Reply #1144 on: February 27, 2017, 08:36:02 am »
I finished my first playthrough of Tales of Berseria. This might be the best modern Tales of title. I'm really excited to start going for 100%.

azure

« Reply #1145 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:46 am »
Just finished up the 100% for Yakuza 0. Amazing game, and a great addition to the series. Now to wait for the NA release of Kiwami!

telly

« Reply #1146 on: March 03, 2017, 01:03:32 pm »
I finished my first playthrough of Tales of Berseria. This might be the best modern Tales of title. I'm really excited to start going for 100%.

Do you have a ranking of all the Tales Games on Gamefaqs or something? I'd be interested in reading how they all stack up!
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #1147 on: March 03, 2017, 07:03:00 pm »
Rouge Galaxy finished now as well. I actually really like the Inzektor minigame, but I can see why it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Great RPG, Level 5 hasn't let me down yet.

« Reply #1148 on: March 05, 2017, 08:01:58 am »
Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and it was a big surprise, I knew it would be a great game but it really blew my away! LOVED it !

kashell

« Reply #1149 on: March 06, 2017, 09:47:17 am »

Do you have a ranking of all the Tales Games on Gamefaqs or something? I'd be interested in reading how they all stack up!

I don't, but I can do a quick list just for you since you're one of my favorite folks. My ranking from favorite to least favorite would probably be:

Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Graces f
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Zestiria
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tales of the Tempest

Even lower ranked ones such as Abyss are still fun. I really don't count the spin-off Radiant Mythology titles or things like Twin Brave.

kevininja

« Reply #1150 on: March 09, 2017, 06:01:10 am »
Beat Rayman Legends yesterday with my sister, we had a ton of fun with this game! Some levels were clearly intended for single player though, which was a bit of a problem with 2 players. But overall, I think I like it a lot more than Origins.

I'm hoping to beat 4 more games this month, so that I get to 20 games beat for the 52 Games Challenge. Planning to get a few PS4 games out of the way, and finish a few shorter itch.io games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1151 on: March 09, 2017, 12:36:41 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)

6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)

I loved playing through these again. Played them via the Halo Master Chief Collection (first time playing them this way). Halo games usually have some great campaigns.

Halo 1 & 2 were gorgeous in HD, ESPECIALLY the movie scenes in Halo 2, complete eye-candy.

My only complaint is that they changed that amazing soundtrack. One of the greatest soundtracks in gaming history...it needed no change.

I plan on also going through Halo 3 & 4 on it, just started Halo 3 yesterday. Then maybe I'll go back and play through #5, Reach and ODST again so I can complete the series in one big sweep.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:59:07 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #1152 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:37 am »
I got the platinum trophy in Tales of Berseria over the weekend. Time for some thoughts. There are no spoilers below.

The story was fantastic. Folks kept throwing around the term "edgy" or "dark" and, while true, every Tales of has some sort of aspect that is "edgy" or "dark." Berseria was just more in your face about it. Even before her change, it's clear Velvet lived a hard life. And it only got harder. If I had to fault the story for one thing, it's the whole Corsairs Scourge line. It felt like unnecessary padding, even if the end result revealed more about the big picture. Traveling through Reneed and The Fens of Nog in order to find a cure was a chore. Speaking of which...

Good lordt were the field areas too big for their own damn good. Areas were fine at first, but they ended up being too massive and empty. A hidden path here, a crawl-space there, and nothing to reward you except a treasure with gear you already had.

Which leads me to the equipment system. I look at it with mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's rewarding to permanently learn a bunch of passive skills that turn your team into a six-man army. On the other hand, the way it was done was cumbersome. For example, after only fifteen minutes of playing I remember walking away with dozens of Amber Blades, Amber Talismans, Amber Boots, etc. I commend the creators for kicking Zestiria's awful equipment system to the curb, but I -REALLY- hope future titles stick to something traditional like the ones in Symphonia or Abyss.

Combat was the game's best feature. It took me a while to get acclimated to the Soul Gauge, Blast Souls, Switch Blasts, etc. but once it clicked I couldn't get enough. There isn't much to say that hasn't been said about it. Again, Namco must have realized how s***acular the combat was in Zestiria. As a result, they made my favorite combat system in the series.

As for the characters, this is a Tales of first. ALL characters were great both in and out of battle. Usually there's that one character that I can't stand in the story; or there's that one character that is absolutely worthless on the battlefield. Not in Berseria. Everyone had a role to play. But, Eleanor was my all time favorite. Her design immediately reminded me of my favorite character from Abyss, and her fighting style was a work of art. The fact that she got a Mystic Arte called Lost Fon Drive -AND- Natalia's costume was icing on the cake.

The trophy list was another highlight. The only time I started to get agitated was when I had to farm Tales Coins for Making a Mint. Aside from that, most of the trophies were earned just by playing the game thoroughly and completing side-quests.

Final random thoughts:
*I think the Normin are obnoxious. For that reason alone, I hope the next Tales of will take place in a new setting.
*The Scout Ship mini-game was fantastic because of all of the Tales of references.
*The in-game costumes and attachments were disappointing. Normin costumes for everyone? Really, Namco?
*The Mystic Artes were a sight to behold.
*The bonus dungeon was fun. It had just the right amount of content and challenge.
*The cameo fight was miles ahead of Zestiria's.

After playing Tales of Zestiria, I was disappointed with the direction of the series. Luckily, Tales of Berseria reignited my adoration for it. Tales of Destiny 2 is still my favorite due to nostalgia, but Berseria is right behind it.

maximo310

« Reply #1153 on: March 30, 2017, 01:23:47 am »
Got a 1cc on a Toaplan shmup, Dogyuun. It defintely feels more like an action-platformer than a shmup, given the way the different weapons work, and how you have a one-use bomb module or a super speed module.

I'm defintely gonna go back to it to improve my score a bit, and I'm probably gonna be doing an episode on STGW to hopefully get more people into the game.

« Reply #1154 on: April 06, 2017, 10:01:55 am »
Just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn last night with the platinum trophy.  Now I need a new game to play.  Might finish Blue Estate because I played it for a few minutes a few weeks back and it wasn't too bad.  Thinking about picking up Ghost Recon Wildlands or some other newish title.  Might also start on Rule of Rose, but I think that's going to be a long term game like with Haunting Ground.