Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190128 times)

kashell

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #795 on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:20 am »
Ys: OiF is fantastic. I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy it. Was this your first time with an Ys game?

maximo310

« Reply #796 on: August 03, 2015, 01:02:29 pm »
Ys: OiF is fantastic. I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy it. Was this your first time with an Ys game?
Yes, this was my first game, although I've played other action-rpgs similar to the series.  A friend of mine was working on Nightmare mode, and wanted me to try it out, so I took a shot at it. It was fun learning the boss patterns, although there were a lot of close calls on some bosses. I'm actually playing Ys: Origin because of this game too, and its also partially due to the fact that  Ys: Memories of Celecta hasn't been whitelisted for PS TV yet so I'd need an actual Vita system to play it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #797 on: August 03, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster In My Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
21. Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)
22. Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1)

23. Final Fantasy 2 (GBA)

This game was a chore. The unique battle-system may be familiar to Elder Scrolls players, as it rewards your level-up by enhancing those skills or abilities you use the most. Well, that also applies to spell-levels. So you end up just grinding like hell to get certain magic-users spells and MP up. Only to have to do all over again when you discover a new spell.

So if you go into this game, expect to spend a good while doing random-encounters.

Otherwise it was pretty much your average 8-bit JRPG. Enjoyable, but repetitive. And it has a bit more of a focus on the characters involved, rather than just a generic save-the-world story like the first game.

On a side-note: It is the first game to feature the famous Chocobo.

kashell

« Reply #798 on: August 03, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »
Yes, this was my first game, although I've played other action-rpgs similar to the series.  A friend of mine was working on Nightmare mode, and wanted me to try it out, so I took a shot at it. It was fun learning the boss patterns, although there were a lot of close calls on some bosses. I'm actually playing Ys: Origin because of this game too, and its also partially due to the fact that  Ys: Memories of Celecta hasn't been whitelisted for PS TV yet so I'd need an actual Vita system to play it.

Memories of Celceta is amazing. I played through that game twice in a row. Part of the reason was for the platinum, but the other part was because it was just so much fun. Calilica is my favorite character in it.

telly

« Reply #799 on: August 04, 2015, 07:46:21 pm »
Beat Mega Man 3!

I'm adding my finished game list to this post and will just edit it as time goes on. I think I will keep a list here and post about my thoughts about the game in 52 games... I'm really just winging it to be honest ;D

My 2015 Finished List

1. Chrono Cross (PS1)
2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC)
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (GC)
4. Silent Hill (PS1)
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)
6. ICO (PS3)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 (PS3)
8. BioShock (PS3)
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
10. BioShock Infinite (PS3)
11. Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
12: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS)
13: Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
14: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
15: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (GC)
16: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (XBOne)
17: Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
18: Mega Man 2 (PS2)
19: Mega Man 3 (PS2)
20: Suikoden II (PS3)
21: Ace Combat 2 (PS1)
22: Far Cry 3 (PS3)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:05:50 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2015, 01:23:29 am »

Memories of Celceta is amazing. I played through that game twice in a row. Part of the reason was for the platinum, but the other part was because it was just so much fun. Calilica is my favorite character in it.
I've heard alot of good things about it, along with some of the changes they made as well. I'm really hoping to get a Vita to play or it, or hope that it gets whitelisted on PSTV. I got the Silver Anniversary Edition for Celecta, and the extra goodies inside including the 3 CD's were defenitely worth  the upgraded purchase.

kashell

« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2015, 08:46:06 am »
That soundtrack is badass. That's the main reason why I got the Silver Version. Then, you get a lovely compass and a lovelier art book/guide. Ys was the main reason why I got the Vita. As soon as I heard about it's localization, I bought a Vita that same day.

maximo310

« Reply #802 on: August 06, 2015, 12:54:46 am »
Yeah, Falcom loves to include soundtracks as an option in many of their releases, which I really like as a cool bonus and usually includes a good amount of songs compared to some other publishers( SMT IV LE I'm lookin at you). I remember that the Oath in Felgana had a 8CD bundle for the Windows PC version in Japan, which I thought was pretty interesting, since before this point most of the arranged soundtracks I'd seen from Ys were mostly from Ys Book 1 and 2.

Edit: Ys Origin- Yunica story has been cleared. Overall, it's easier than Oath of Felgana except for a few bosses. Dalles from Ys II is the final boss this time around, and wasn't too bad on Normal. Gonna have to replay for the other two characters now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:21:25 pm by maximo310 »

pacpix

« Reply #803 on: August 09, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »
Played through Yoshi's New Island over the past week.  Nothing super great about the game, but it was a nice laid back platformer.  Also played a lot of Super Nintendo recently with my aunt while I was visiting my grandparents and we finished Super Mario Bros 3 and did a 96 exit run of Super Mario World.   
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #804 on: August 10, 2015, 08:32:40 am »
Finally got the platinum trophy in Mind Zero. I'm...not sure why I decided to go back to the game after being so annoyed by it the first time. I think part of me wanted to have a (incoming pun) mindless dungeon crawler, but didn't feel like playing something as involved as Operation Abyss or Demon Gaze. Another part of me wanted to prove that the game wasn't as hard as I made it out to be. It's just a shame that everything about it got thrown out the window. Characters, story, battles, customization, etc. all had a strong start but things just went 180 degrees at the end.

And yet...I couldn't put the game down. @_@

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #805 on: August 10, 2015, 08:55:58 am »
Finally got the platinum trophy in Mind Zero. I'm...not sure why I decided to go back to the game after being so annoyed by it the first time. I think part of me wanted to have a (incoming pun) mindless dungeon crawler, but didn't feel like playing something as involved as Operation Abyss or Demon Gaze. Another part of me wanted to prove that the game wasn't as hard as I made it out to be. It's just a shame that everything about it got thrown out the window. Characters, story, battles, customization, etc. all had a strong start but things just went 180 degrees at the end.

And yet...I couldn't put the game down. @_@

I haven't started Operation Abyss yet kashy, but - iirc, the few reviews of it that I've read, all say that it's very accessible & easy to jump into...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #806 on: August 10, 2015, 09:07:59 am »
Do tell! Let me know when you do start it. It looks pretty interesting, but haven't made the jump to buy it yet. I noticed that it got an M rating, so I'm wondering if there's some bloody images/monsters/etc.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #807 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:55 am »
Finished Wolfenstein: The New Order - PC yesterday on I am Death incarnate! difficulty setting (1st run). There was a good lot of epic moments with great shooting, different gameplay styles available and nice effort on the presentation. :)
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

retroone

« Reply #808 on: August 10, 2015, 11:57:29 am »
1. Shovel Knight (Steam) Beat Main Quest Completed. Achievement Progress 80%
2. The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) Completed Another amazing Telltale game. Just wish I played the first game in the series.
3. Mega Man 2 (NES) Completed Glad to finally get this one of my chest.
4. Sonic Riders (GameCube) Beat This game is terrible don't play it.
5. Metal Torrent (DSi Ware) Beat Metal Torrent is a VERY short shooter with 8 phases lasting 3 minutes each. 
6. The Playroom (PS4) Completed Very enjoyable game that needs more content. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Super Exploding Zoo (PSN) Completed Very fun puzzle game that can be completed in a few hours. First Platinum! Trophy Progress 100%
8. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (PS4) Completed Simply put, it's Minecraft. Very fun and addictive. Trophy Progress 100%
9. Altered Beast (Genesis) Beat The Arcade version was better.
10. Altered Beast (Arcade) Beat WAY better than the Genesis version although the ending was a disappointment.
11. MouseCraft (PSN) Completed Just another mediocre puzzle game. Trophy Progress 100%
12. Rocket League (PSN) Completed Man this game is simply amazing, truly a blast to play. Trophy Progress 100%
13. Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) Beat Don't underestimate this game. That final boss is close to impossible.

14. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PSN) Beat Still need to beat those challenges. Trophy Progress 70%

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #809 on: August 16, 2015, 01:39:01 am »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster In My Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)
9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)
10. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS)
11. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
12. King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
13. NES Remix (Wii U)
14. NES Remix 2 (Wii U)
15. The Legend of Zelda - 2nd Quest (NES)
16. Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare (XBox 360)
17. ECW Hardcore Revolution (GBC)
18. Resident Evil (GameCube)
19. Resident Evil 2 - Dual-Shock Edition (PS1) - Both Scenarios A & B
20. Final Fantasy (GBA)
21. Dynasty Warriors 5 (PS2)
22. Mega Man Legends 2 (PS1)
23. Final Fantasy 2 (GBA)[/b]

24. Spyro the Dragon (PS1)

Not the first time I've beat the time, and likely won't be the last. Just felt like playing it again. Easy game, but always fun. One of my favorite PS1 titles.