Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei  (Read 14777 times)

desocietas

Re: Shin Megami Tensei
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 11:19:18 am »
Sooo I'm not sure how I didn't know about this before Atlus Online sent me an email about it, but :
http://welcome.megaten.atlusonline.com/

Only problem is, I have an AO account, but there doesn't seem to be a "sign in" option.  Hopefully they'll address this soon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:57 pm »
Imagine has been out for a while. I played it for ~100 hours or so several years ago. It's decent, but not amazing.

jobocan

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 02:02:52 pm »
I played a bit of Imagine... Didn't click with me. Didn't seem terrible, but it bored me really fast.

Speaking of SMT, I just saw Shin Megami Tensei on the iPhone while I was browsing the App Store... And then I saw that they didn't bother translating it for release in America so it's fully Japanese... what's up with that?

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »
Yeah the screenshots definitely look like the game was made at least 5 years ago, if not 10.  I might download it to see how it looks then shelve it until Atlus makes another announcement about it (in April).  The other Atlus Online titles have not appealed to me either, so not sure how Imagine will hold up.

Speaking of SMT, I just saw Shin Megami Tensei on the iPhone while I was browsing the App Store... And then I saw that they didn't bother translating it for release in America so it's fully Japanese... what's up with that?

Weird... Don't know Japanese nor do I have an iPhone... will have to look that one up.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 03:03:10 pm »
Yeah, I looked again and it's published by Index Corporation (the company that owns Atlus), so it's probably legit. I don't know why they released this on the US App Store without translating it though, it's really strange.

scott

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »
Ok, I have a $25 Amazon gift card blowing a hole in my pocket. I'm thinking of picking up either a Persona game or Solatorobo. Now I was lookign through the thread and everyone suggests Persona 3, PS2 version. But I look it up and there is Persona 3 and the P3:FES? What's the difference?

Edit, I just read @darko's comment about FES and I'll prolly go with that.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 03:27:56 pm »
Good choice - music is awesome, too, just so you know.  Solatorobo is starting to drop in price again - I'll let you know if it gets to $13 again!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:42 pm »
Excellent! I was about to add it to my order anyway but I'll hold off for now.

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »
Ah damn.. does this mean I need to get a Vita eventually?  http://kotaku.com/5891861/have-a-look-at-persona-4-the-golden
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2012, 01:14:54 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2012, 09:11:46 pm »
I just got to the first real fight of the game, before I saw this. I'm digging the game so far, it is a little slow to start though. But it's like an interactive manga-anime, and the music is pretty awesome, I agree.

scott

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
Sooo... when they summon a Persona, they blow their brains out? That explains what the one girl was doing w/ the gun in the intro video.

jcalder8

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 01:09:20 am »
Sooo... when they summon a Persona, they blow their brains out? That explains what the one girl was doing w/ the gun in the intro video.
I know absolutely nothing about the game but I have to admit that this has me intrigued.

amauriel

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 01:13:23 am »
@scott: You should keep it up with the posts like that. It'd be awesome to see what a player new to the series thinks of some of the crazy things that come up.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."