Author Topic: New XBox Reveal on May 21  (Read 28409 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: New XBox Reveal on May 21
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2013, 02:22:10 pm »
i personally will not be buying the Xbox One.
and i will also be telling all my friends and family to do the same.
i dont like being treat like a criminal because some people copy games.
i can see people turning to piracy to chipping the xbox 1 to avoid the DRM.
i hope that all of this ontop of windows 8 will kill microsoft. they have taken advantage of the costumer for far to long. if they do not wish to listen to the people then i dont think they are a company i want to stick with. so much for the customer is always right. (Microsoft's only customer is EA)
i agree with alpha that anyone who buys this should never be allowed to complain about the state of games again.

This post is 100% Disgaeniac-approved  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2013, 02:25:42 pm »
I recently signed up to be the game master of my wife's church. Right now, they have a Wii U, 3 Wiis, a PS3, and a 360. They will not be getting an XboxNone though! Ill probably spread the word to the entire line of churches (its a pretty big church that is in multiple states).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2013, 04:09:40 pm »
I recently signed up to be the game master of my wife's church. Right now, they have a Wii U, 3 Wiis, a PS3, and a 360. They will not be getting an XboxNone though! Ill probably spread the word to the entire line of churches (its a pretty big church that is in multiple states).

PREACH ON, brother B. Rad!

(Even if you are only "preaching to the choir" here)  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »
One of my friends is such an xbox fanboy. he is going to get this opening day. nothing i say will change this.

jobocan

« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2013, 06:26:19 pm »
One of my friends is such an xbox fanboy. he is going to get this opening day. nothing i say will change this.

I'd go with the "kick him in the balls repeatedly" approach.

soera

« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2013, 06:43:50 pm »
Have him watch that Omega Sin video ... after that, there is no way anyone would be interested in the XboxNone.

sin2beta

« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2013, 07:47:32 pm »
There is also a great video from Giant Bomb trying to break down what the DRM means. It's fairly funny. It also is humorous that it takes about 40 minutes. I also enjoy that they do mention the similarities to the types of DRM that Sony has been doing since the PS2. Most people seem to forget all of that stuff.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

sin2beta

« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »
The XBox One is $500. Pretty expensive for a video game rental service.

htimreimer

« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »
microsoft at e3 was so uninteresting and one or two game's that were interesting are not enough to get me to buy it especially at the 500 dollar price point

sin2beta

« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »
I'll give credit where credit is due... Forza 5 and Killer Instinct have me VERY interested. But all the BS surrounding the system trumps all interest.

htimreimer

« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2013, 05:15:37 pm »
I'll give credit where credit is due... Forza 5 and Killer Instinct have me VERY interested. But all the BS surrounding the system trumps all interest.
even if the xbox didn't have the DRM and the other crap, 2 or 3 games are not enough for me to buy $500 console

pacpix

« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2013, 05:31:47 pm »
Yeah its too bad Killer Instinct will be an exclusive...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »
even if the xbox didn't have the DRM and the other crap, 2 or 3 games are not enough for me to buy $500 console

That's fair. But at least for an initial unveiling for a launch. The amount of titles I find interesting are quite high. Most system launches don't have a high number of good games. Hell, the N64 launched with only 2 games. I don't know what is launch and what isn't yet. But for a system that isn't even out, Killer Instinct and Forza would be enough for me.

Honestly, I wish Microsoft did not do the DRM and not just because of its effects on the industry. The bottom line is, if it did not have the DRM, I would buy the system for Killer Instinct and Forza 5. These would tide me over as the library rises. But it also looks like a Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs, Halo, Quantum Break, Metal Gear Solid, and a game the HappyConsoleGamer mentioned Titanfall. I won't pretend everything about the XBoxOne is bad. For my tastes, the games look good. If not for DRM, it would be my system of choice so far.

jobocan

« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2013, 06:25:31 pm »
The only interesting in their conference was KI3... until I learned it's being made by Double Helix. But I'm willing to give it a chance eventually. I actually also really liked the teaser for Sunset Overdrive, but that was just a pre-rendered CG cinematic, not enough to get an ounce of my interest. At least both interesting-ish games are published by Microsoft, which means I'll be able to buy them used.

Nothing else was interesting, it's all stuff I can play identical games for on current consoles. Forza 5 sounds interesting, but to me I'll get the exact same experience with Forza 3 or 4, so whatever.

And I thought 500$ was a joke, considering the massive intrusive DRM crap. That confirms my plan with the Xbox One, buy both the consoles and the games used (if said games are buy-able used), I'm fine with waiting a year or 4 (and blocking out the Kinect's microphone with a recording of me saying "boobs" in a loop). MS isn't getting anymore of my money.

sin2beta

« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »
and blocking out the Kinect's microphone with a recording of me saying "boobs" in a loop

Man that's all my kinect would hear anyways, no recording needed. "XBox One... Boobs"