Author Topic: TIME MACHINE!!!!  (Read 2521 times)

patrickmeansly

TIME MACHINE!!!!
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:39:45 am »
CONSIdering today, we all know pretty much how much retro games sell for.  If you could go back in time knowing what you know today, which one rare (expensive priced) retro game wOuld you choose to buy???  You can only choose one tho. 

ffxik

Re: TIME MACHINE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:42:38 am »
Easy.  Stadium Events.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:04:33 am »
I'm that annoying person who bought Panzer Dragoon Saga/Border Down/Suikoden 2 when they were new :D

I genuinely have no regrets - I'm happy with what I grew up with, and I'm happy with what I own now :)

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:05:19 pm »
I'm that annoying person who bought Panzer Dragoon Saga/Border Down/Suikoden 2 when they were new :D

I genuinely have no regrets - I'm happy with what I grew up with, and I'm happy with what I own now :)

I bought Suikoden 2 a Walmart for $20. Found it on a clearance end cap. Hate me. :)

soera

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »
While Stadium Events is the easy answer, Im going to go with Earthbound. I knew about this game when I was a teen but it looked way childish. I heard it was RPGish but I never took the chance on it cause of its appearance. Now that I know it has more depth than just what it looks like, I would really have liked to have gotten it back then and give it a good run.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »
I'd go back and get all the Saturn games I want now that are no longer affordable, when they were being clearanced out by the big-box stores.

scott

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 04:46:13 pm »
I'd go back and get all the Saturn games I want now that are no longer affordable, when they were being clearanced out by the big-box stores.

This right here. I was heavy into Saturn at that time, but I was also a jobless kid. If I could have afforded it I would have bought one of every cheap game available. D:
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

patrickmeansly

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 04:51:43 pm »

This right here. I was heavy into Saturn at that time, but I was also a jobless kid. If I could have afforded it I would have bought one of every cheap game available. D:

Yes 1!!  Definitely.  I remember back in like 1998, I had a Sega Saturn I bought for 30 dollars with a bunch of games, then I traded it for a Sega Genesis believe it or not, with all the sonic games and double dragon.  The only reason I traded was because I wanted to beat all the sonic games on genesis.  But I loved my Saturn games!  Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, World Series Baseball, Knights into Dreams!  I dont see how people did not like Saturn.  I loved it!

patrickmeansly

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »
Thinking on it tho, If I could go back, I may have gotten Spiderman for the 32X.  I still cannot find that dam game.  I just dont remember Sega CD or 32X even in stores in my area.  When I ask around, half the people never heard of it.  Seems like the 32X may have been a regional console that did not make it to my city. 

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »
I would go back and get all the stadium events.

I would also travel back to the mid 90s and punch most of the executives at SEGA of Japan in the face.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »
If we're referencing Back to the Future, might as well travel to the future, and get that Sports Almanac. Marty and Biff had the right idea.

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 07:18:58 pm »

I bought Suikoden 2 a Walmart for $20. Found it on a clearance end cap. Hate me. :)

I tracked down my copy of Suikoden 2 on Gamestop.com like 9 years ago. Some out of state store had a copy in stock so I called them up and had them transfer it my local store. It was in near perfect condition and it was only $12, even though it was going for way more on ebay at the time. One of my best finds ever.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 07:38:06 pm »
I would go back and get all the stadium events.

I would also travel back to the mid 90s and punch most of the executives at SEGA of Japan in the face.

"Where were going we dont need roads!" lol.  Yes I agree.  I would of let Sega survive.  I would also tell Atari how to have made the jaguar better and better games to actually have competition which would force better quality.

patrickmeansly

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »
If we're referencing Back to the Future, might as well travel to the future, and get that Sports Almanac. Marty and Biff had the right idea.

Wait, What are you talking about????? :o

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »

Wait, What are you talking about????? :o

Back to the Future 2
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c