Author Topic: Top Retro Controllers of All Time  (Read 9595 times)

patrickmeansly

Re: TOP RETRO CONTROLLERS OF ALL TIME!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:10 pm »
As a lefty, I personally found the N64 controller to be extremely uncomfortable. Mainly because of the control stick. That thing was rough on my thumbs and wore out quickly. I did like the Z button, though.

My favorite controller has always been the one for the Gamecube (not sure if that counts as retro, though.) It's so comfortable and takes forever to wear out. The Dreamcast controller also had some interesting features.

lol.  I'm a lefty and I loved the n64 controller!  ;) I think I liked it because of games like Hexen, Duke Nukem and GoldenEye, it really benefited me, but that Z button was the shit!!!  And the Gamecube was weird but cool to me I guess.  I remember only playing a few games on gamecube the wind waker and paper mario

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 10:11:05 pm »

Micro con (Mad Katz) - During the 6th gen, these controllers came out and really appealed to people with a smaller hand size. It allowed people like myself to comfortably play the Xbox.

yes! I loved my green xbox madcatz controller I agree! I have fairlyy large hands(larger then anyone I know) and I loved this controller very comfy. 360 is very comfy for me as well

heheh mine  I also liked the snes controller. dogbone was a bit small... I liked gamecube cuz they were strange yet still comfy.... the dumbest F**king controller!!!

^^^^ this sucked!! the worst!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:12:46 pm by slothingXPIG »
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »

Capcom Pad Soldier master race  8) 8) 8) 8)

Also, I agree, all of these caps-lock posts are a bit much. Unlike some of the other staff members who opt for turning a blind eye to poorly syntaxed posts, I however feel that it's a rule that should be enforced. A legible forum is a happy forum. ;D Please don't make posts in all caps unless it something that you're saying in a sentence that NEEDS vocalization. (Like that one!) Patrick, you have a good idea for threads, just please use proper syntax from now on.

htimreimer

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 11:51:30 pm »
the nintendo 64 controller is something that you either love or hate. personally i love the nintendo 64 controller mainly because i grew up with it and got used to using it

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »
the nintendo 64 controller is something that you either love or hate. personally i love the nintendo 64 controller mainly because i grew up with it and got used to using it

I like it also.. I hear all the time "I don't have 3 hands" but if that's the case why don't they complain about the 360 controller? You don't have three thumbs.. Two joysticks 1 d-pad. the d-pad was there for when you needed it lol. but I will admit some games(armines,turok,south park, etc.) had terrible set up for the controls for it.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

scott

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 12:16:09 am »
I think I'm the only person here that prefers the original NES controllers to the dogbone. I just really don't like the dogbone much at all and I've never had problems w/ the corners on the brick.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:25 am »
I think I'm the only person here that prefers the original NES controllers to the dogbone. I just really don't like the dogbone much at all and I've never had problems w/ the corners on the brick.

I grew up with the original brick and still prefer the feel of that controller to any other on any system. It still brings a smile to my face just picking the damn thing up; but I dont know if I'm actually happy or it's just Pavlovian conditioning at work, lol

tpugmire

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 12:24:26 am »
I'm partial to the TG-16 controller. Aside from the short cord, it's a great controller.  Similar to the NES controller, but rounded edges and built in turbo.  Also, the Atari CX40 joystick is pretty good, after the gold PCB upgrade from Best Electronics.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

patrickmeansly

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 01:32:07 am »

Also, I agree, all of these caps-lock posts are a bit much. Unlike some of the other staff members who opt for turning a blind eye to poorly syntaxed posts, I however feel that it's a rule that should be enforced. A legible forum is a happy forum. ;D Please don't make posts in all caps unless it something that you're saying in a sentence that NEEDS vocalization. (Like that one!) Patrick, you have a good idea for threads, just please use proper syntax from now on.

To me in my opnion, there is nothing wrong with caps on a title of a forum because its the title.  Book titles are caps. When I read Yahoo articles they are caps, online newspaper headlines are caps, etc.  Thats how I view the forum.  Its readible to me and i dont know what syntaxed means,   But if it makes everyone else happy then I will just do everything on this site the way everyone else wants it done.  First it was "you cant type in caps on a forum"  Now I cant even type the headline in caps.  A HeadLine???  But I get it.

P.s.  To me, it is vocalization.  I'm excited about an idea for a post, and I type my heads in caps due to my excitement and for the fact its a headline.  Maybe I get more excited than I should because of all these rules. 

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 05:46:41 am »

To me in my opnion, there is nothing wrong with caps on a title of a forum because its the title.  Book titles are caps. When I read Yahoo articles they are caps, online newspaper headlines are caps, etc.  Thats how I view the forum.  Its readible to me and i dont know what syntaxed means,   But if it makes everyone else happy then I will just do everything on this site the way everyone else wants it done.  First it was "you cant type in caps on a forum"  Now I cant even type the headline in caps.  A HeadLine???  But I get it.

P.s.  To me, it is vocalization.  I'm excited about an idea for a post, and I type my heads in caps due to my excitement and for the fact its a headline.  Maybe I get more excited than I should because of all these rules.

Well my honest opinion is. I can still read it, I can still understand it. It's not like there is an EMERGANCY on the forum and that's the only time you can use caps. Although the only time I would use it, is if I just heard about a new game or release or another. but I don't see the hurt in the caps I can read what it says and if it's in caps and it's not exciting to me then I Know it must be exciting for them. But then again I'm no good at grammar and could give a shit about writing in general, i'm not gonna put all my focus into spelling and punctuations. it's a forum that shares knowledge and insights about something we all love. Not School. my motto is If you can understand it, Don't complain. but if it gets to ya then I guess whateves, everyone's entitled to there opinion...... But on the original note,
tpugmire Knows whats up! I really like the tg-16 controller too, A built in turbo button!! hell yes! that also controls heights of jumps, firing Speed, ETC. Yeah I like it.. I also will second with scott about the original over the dogbone... I like both but Mainly played with the brick and never had a problem with it. 
PS4-zxzpigxzx

htimreimer

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 03:11:42 pm »

i think its completely fine to caps in the headline

darko

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:05:18 pm by darko »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »
The Ascii Pad was amazing.  I have one hooked up to my SNES right now.  I got it for my Christmas when I was in 6th grade.  It made Chun Li's Lightning Kick so much easier.  ;D

sin2beta

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »
Anyone use the Hori N64 controller? I've always heard from the few people who have used these that they are the best N64 controller ever. They are made by Hori, so I would tend to believe it.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

patrickmeansly

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 06:02:50 pm »
Anyone use the Hori N64 controller? I've always heard from the few people who have used these that they are the best N64 controller ever. They are made by Hori, so I would tend to believe it.

WTF kind of controller is that????