Author Topic: Currently Playing?  (Read 10280 times)

Re: Currently Playing?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:37 am »
Fallout 3 (PC) (need to add the CE to the db..), I have to say that the game is quite fun. I had no idea what to expect, and since I bought the game on an impulse I was kind of scared. But so far, so good.

FFXIV is the other one, but I haven't played that much lately. I'm waiting for the next patch to rekindle my addiction.

scott

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:43:22 am »
Fallout 3 is one of my all time favorites. Bethesda did an excellent job in keeping true to the atmosphere of the series too.

How is FFXIV? I've heard a lot of bad things about it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 11:07:17 am »
How is FFXIV? I've heard a lot of bad things about it.

Right now, way better than when it was released. It still has it flaws, and in some aspects it still feels like a beta but it's pretty fun IMO. Also, the in-game community is great, it does have it's trolls and whiners but what game doesn't :P

It doesn't hurt that they're still not charging to play (most likely they'll begin charging with the PS3 release)

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:07:45 am »
Playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin right now... Despite the mediocre reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/shin-megami-tensei-persona-2---innocent-sin/critic-reviews), I'm digging it and have a hard time putting it down.  A lot of what the critics are saying seem to be more representative of how I felt about P1.  I'm sure it's not for everyone, but, as a big fan of the Persona series, I'm liking it.  The remixed soundtrack is pretty good, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 11:22:53 am »
@kaizlu sweet, I heard how terribly broken it was and being a former FFXI player, I was saddened. If they are working to fix it, I may have to give it a try. How does it control on PC? Because if I remember, FFXI on PC was a pain in the ass, you could obviously tell it was meant to be played on PS2 instead.

@desocietas all this Persona talk is only working to fuel my need to try this series.... I should look for a decently priced copy of P3.

I'm currently achievement hunting on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, some of them are a total pain. I'm also going to be starting up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer again soon and working toward finishing it's single player campaign before AC: Revelations launches...

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 12:10:39 pm »
I'm currently achievement hunting on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Do you use a guide/gamefaqs for your achievement hunts?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 01:06:22 pm »
I track my achievements on True Achievements, they have user submitted guides set up there, but I only use them if I'm completely stuck. There are also folks on TA that "boost" which is teaming up to complete achievements in multiplayer while taking turns. I've only done this once and it was for Sonic the Hedgehog 2's multiplayer achievement, since no one plays it online, ever.  

Whether or not I use a guide/ faq depends on the achievements I suppose. Castlevania's are pretty self explanatory. Though I did have some problem last night with one and had to look up a youtube video on the proper route to take. That one you needed to destroy 100 items in a limited amount of time. I kept running out of time or not finding all the breakable items in the area. Took me about 2 hours to finish even after watching the video, there are prolly 102-105 items in the area and if you miss some on the route, you're screwed.

Most "gather x number of items" achievements I'll find a map for now a days...  I tried for a year to gather the flags in Assassin's Creed without help and then after tons of frustration, I used a map that came in the official strategy guide, along with a website that showed up close shots of what you should be looking for. If I decide to 100% Crackdown I'll definitely be using a map for all the stupid orbs hidden in that game. I'm not sure I consider maps for item gathering chieves cheating. Since I'm still spending all the time and effort collecting them, plus the maps aren't 100% accurate anyway. ha

Multiplayer achievements are bitch though, and I mostly hate playing multiplayer matches. Though I do enjoy AC: Brotherhood's cat and mouse style mutliplayer game. I still need to do the 2 multiplayer Castle Crashers achievements, but finding ranked games in that is hard anymore.

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 11:34:38 pm »
@kaizlu sweet, I heard how terribly broken it was and being a former FFXI player, I was saddened. If they are working to fix it, I may have to give it a try. How does it control on PC? Because if I remember, FFXI on PC was a pain in the ass, you could obviously tell it was meant to be played on PS2 instead.

The game is playable with Keyboard + Mouse (that's how I play), but it's easier to use a controller. The good news is that the dev team is supposedly working on a separate UI design to be more KB+M friendly. I would suggest waiting for the PS3 release if you don't want to be disappointed, or if you have some spare change you can give it a try but think of it as a glorified beta.

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:10 am »
I'm trying to finish the General Knoxx DLC for Borderlands (on PC) but the stupid design decision made by the dev to not have fast travel in the DLC is pissing me off. You want me to spend ten minutes driving all the way to the last area every time I begin? WHY? What the hell was wrong with fast travel or saving in an area to continue later?!

Ugh. It couldn't have been any easier for console players either...

scott

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 12:27:35 am »
You want me to spend ten minutes driving all the way to the last area every time I begin? WHY? What the hell was wrong with fast travel or saving in an area to continue later?!

Oh I KNOW. That pissed me off to no avail. Its one of the reasons I haven't finished the achievements for it. Driving from mission to mission is a pain, even with Scooter's fastest car.

desocietas

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:18 am »
I'm trying to finish the General Knoxx DLC for Borderlands (on PC) but the stupid design decision made by the dev to not have fast travel in the DLC is pissing me off. You want me to spend ten minutes driving all the way to the last area every time I begin? WHY? What the hell was wrong with fast travel or saving in an area to continue later?!

Ugh. It couldn't have been any easier for console players either...

Hm, good to know... @sedaris and I were looking into doing all the DLC stuff at some point, so that'll be something to consider when we get to General Knoxx.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 09:00:41 am »
If you're planning on going through the last mission in one shot it's fine, but if you're like me and have to stop playing for one reason or another, it SUCKS.

scott

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 10:20:16 pm »
Still working on the Achievements for Lords of Shadow. But now that October is here I have a huge urge to play some Deathsmiles! I'm pretty sure it won't leave my disc tray anytime soon.

madmax

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 12:11:09 am »
Just started Driver: San Fran. Good fun so far. it's a pretty neat concept they have going on. I really needed a car game and I was a midtown madness 2 junkie when i was a kid (I made cars and entire cities for it) so having another car game in san fran is just awesome :D

scott

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »
Started up Dragon Age: Origins again, such a good game.