Author Topic: Currently Playing?  (Read 10287 times)

darko

Re: Currently Playing?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »
Well I beat Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance last night. Cleared 194ish percent of the castle (according to the save file), level 45. It took me just under 8 hours to beat. One question to you die hard Castlevania fans out there, what is the purpose of the room that I collected artifacts for? I'm sure I'm missing one or two and I really want to know without having to go hunting anymore.

The game was fun but the story was...lacking. Also, I'm not 100% sure I like the Metroid-vania style. It's okay but I really got tired of traveling through the same locations over and over again.

I think I'm going to start on Aria of Sorrow tonight.

scott

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:23 am »
I'm not sure what the purpose of the room is, other than to show of collected goods. Personally I didn't care much for Harmony of Dissonance and never finished it. Aria of Sorrow is one of my all time favorites, along with it's direct sequel Dawn of Sorrow. I'd say out of the 3 GBA Castlevania games, it's the best of them. Especially when you start playing around with Soul combos.

Some of the Metroidvania style games do feel a bit cookie cutter though, but out of them all, I'd say the best are Aria, Dawn, Ecclesia and Symphony (natch). Ecclesia starts out tough as nails too and when I first got it I didn't get very far. But I went back to it and played all the way through in a few days and was very pleased with it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 12:52:06 am »
Cool. Glad to hear that the others are a bit better. I played about an hour worth of Aria tonight and I'm enjoying if much more than Dissonance. Great, now I'm going to have to get all of the others on the DS :)

madmax

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 01:32:14 am »
Once i finish Assassin's Creed:Revelations. i'm picking up Batman: Arkham City :D

teknophyl

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 09:01:38 am »
Playing KOTOR on Xbox. Had it forever, only recently started playing it. I'm on Tatooine after having punked the Sith on Korriban (I'm Light Side).

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 11:52:12 am »
Xenoblade Chronicles! I hit the 4 hour mark last night and got through the event that officially starts your adventure. And it was... so goood. Some of the unique monsters I've fought so far have been pretty brutal, and I've died a bunch of times to one Caterpile mob on the way to a story point. I really can't wait to see where the story goes.

Also, Dunban is a certified bad ass.

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:10 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles! I hit the 4 hour mark last night and got through the event that officially starts your adventure. And it was... so goood. Some of the unique monsters I've fought so far have been pretty brutal, and I've died a bunch of times to one Caterpile mob on the way to a story point. I really can't wait to see where the story goes.

Also, Dunban is a certified bad ass.

I think once I have a little surplus of money, I'll be getting a Wii and a copy of Xenoblade.  Sounds pretty awesome!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
I may know someone who is thinking of selling off their wii.

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »

oo, too tempting.  keep me posted ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »

Will do. Its my folk's wii and my mom hems and haws as to if she wants to keep it or not. So I really have no idea if she is serious or not.

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »

Will do. Its my folk's wii and my mom hems and haws as to if she wants to keep it or not. So I really have no idea if she is serious or not.

Well, let her know I'd be willing to trade an unframed drawing for it or something.  perhaps she has a treasured photograph of you she'd like immortalized forever?  *laughs*
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »
ha, I think she'd be looking for cash. Also, I'm pretty sure if she wanted a drawing of me, she's ask me to do it.  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »
ha, I think she'd be looking for cash. Also, I'm pretty sure if she wanted a drawing of me, she's ask me to do it.  ;)

Good point - you got me there!

Well, there's certainly no rush. I'm not actively looking, but hey, if the offer comes across the table, awesome.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:41 pm »
Still putting time into Henry Hatsworth but I'm also starting Deus Ex for the 360. I've never played the original so I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

foxhack

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:26 am »
Playing Rochard at the moment. Pretty awesome game, but man those achievements are going to be the end of me. There's one where you have to beat the game in three hours or so, and I barely got past the halfway point... with three hours clocked in the game.