Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11682 times)

matt

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2013, 09:14:56 am »
Here's an odd one - I was browsing my SNES collection and it told me I had 3 pages. The 3rd page happened to have very few items, maybe 1.  On the 2nd page I deleted a game, and then tried to go to page 3 and got a PHP SQL error - basically it said a simple select statement was broken but really the query returned no rows.  When I clicked back in my browser (FF 22) it took me to the cached page 2, when I pressed F5 only then did my page 2 update and the 3rd page disappeared (i.e. the option of a 3rd page was gone, navigation bar showed prev-1-2-next instead of prev-1-2-3-next as before).  Also a few games appeared in the middle of Page 2 that *I swear* were not there before (but should have been) once the page refreshed.

Presumably I had only 1 game on page 3 and deleting a game on page 2 removed the need for a page 3 but the current page 2 I was viewing did not update to reflect that.  Also, an SQL error should show a nice page not a PHP error page IMHO.

Ohh good catch! Thanks for reporting this!

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:17 am »
No Problem!  If it helps I just had the same thing happen with PS1, here's the error message:

Code: [Select]
Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4

SELECT c.*, g.image FROM ds_collections c LEFT JOIN games g on g.id = c.game_id WHERE c.id =

Filename: /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138266/domains/vgcollect.com/html/models/item_model.php

Line Number: 75

matt

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:50 pm »
Just fixed that database bug. Thanks!

jcalder8

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2013, 12:07:57 am »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but the bottom of the page does not show up for me so I can't see the buttons at the bottom to Add to Collection and whatever the other ones say.
I don't know what the problem was but it's working ok now.

scott

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2013, 08:51:06 am »
When I click on an entry to load up the Item's page a dialog box flashes on the screen that says "failure" with an ok button but before I can react it vanishes again and takes me to the page I wanted.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:58 am »
When I click on an entry to load up the Item's page a dialog box flashes on the screen that says "failure" with an ok button but before I can react it vanishes again and takes me to the page I wanted.

Gotta' react quicker, buddy - *I* nailed it  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2013, 09:26:07 am »

This is a Scott only feature.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2013, 09:28:25 am »

This is a Scott only feature.

'Cause Scott's "special"?!  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »
It has to be something with my PC at work. Cause at home I have no errors at all. Must be a cache issue.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

haloofthesun

« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2013, 08:34:37 pm »
It happens to me too but only when clicking on an item from my collection or wish list and only if I open it in the same tab.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2013, 12:37:53 am »
Don't know if it's been reported yet (or if it's just me), but when I add a new item and fill out the UPC and description sections the data seems to be lost in the interwebs after clicking submit. The item shows up, photos are there, just no description or UPC.

foxhack

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:11 am »
Don't know if it's been reported yet (or if it's just me), but when I add a new item and fill out the UPC and description sections the data seems to be lost in the interwebs after clicking submit. The item shows up, photos are there, just no description or UPC.
matt's aware of the bug.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 01:46:24 am »
Here ya go....

This appeared after clicking into a thread in the Modern Games forum to see new posts....

tripredacus

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2013, 07:08:23 pm »
I've been going through my records and adding some stuff. But I notice that not everything is saved when I submit. Only name (not alt name), genre, platform, release type and the picture is saved. In this particular entry, I also added the item number, release date and barcode but they don't show up.
http://vgcollect.com/item/47773

foxhack

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »
I've been going through my records and adding some stuff. But I notice that not everything is saved when I submit. Only name (not alt name), genre, platform, release type and the picture is saved. In this particular entry, I also added the item number, release date and barcode but they don't show up.
http://vgcollect.com/item/47773
Did you add them when submitting a new item, or did you add them as an edit?

The only things that get saved on new items right now are the title, alternate title, images, platform, release type, and rating. Everything else is not saved.

If you submit an edit immediately after it'll go into the queue and I can approve it then.