Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 19334 times)

doctorlaudanum

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 04:43:40 pm »
I think for me I was tempted, confused, and then shrugged it off. This was my thought process:

"D4?! They're making a sequel to D, Enemy Zero, and D2! That's pretty cool"
"But Wait, didn't Kenji Eno die? A sequel seems kind of wrong. Was it in the works?"
"Oh, it has nothing to do with the previous D games... It is not connected to the D series and just shares a similar name and a insanely misleading number."

That's frighteningly similar to what was going through my head when I was watching it. I miss Kenji Eno. His games were undeniably flawed, but they just had so much charm and he had so many original ideas, even if they didn't always succeed. He wasn't a bad musician either. D2's minimalist soundtrack is still one of my favorites.

Getting back on topic, I'm always wary of buying a console at launch. There's just too many things that can go wrong with the hardware, and I prefer to hold off from purchasing one until after they iron out the kinks and release updated models. It doesn't help that the only next-gen game I'm really looking forward to right now is Kingdom Hearts III, and that isn't coming out for a while. Between the two, I'd rather get a PS4. Microsoft's handling of the Xbox One left a bad taste in my mouth, though I am mildly interested in D4, if only because Swery is involved.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 05:08:25 am »
Now that we're almost exactly a month out, I am starting to panic at my lack of funds for a new TV to play my PS4 on at launch....  Taking care of my sickly mother clearly comes first, but I will cry if I have to stare at a shiny new PS4 box that can't get any use....

soera

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 09:29:32 am »
I can babysit the shiny box for you if it comes to that. :D

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »
I can babysit the shiny box for you if it comes to that. :D

Lol, I'm sure you would....  My worst case scenario plan that I'm currently mulling over is to sell my NeoGeo to pay for a cheap TV in the short term, but I really don't want to do that....  Especially since I may being paying my mother's bills in the next year at this rate too....

insektmute

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:36 pm »
Now that we're almost exactly a month out, I am starting to panic at my lack of funds for a new TV to play my PS4 on at launch....  Taking care of my sickly mother clearly comes first, but I will cry if I have to stare at a shiny new PS4 box that can't get any use....

I feel your pain. I quit my old job back in June, was back to work in late July, but that brief period of unemployment tapped out my savings. I keep trying to get a bit more of a surplus built up, and I'm making a couple bucks more an hour than I was, but it's still an agonizingly slow process when you're basically working from 0 again. Can't even imagine how it is to be paying someone elses bills on top of your own right now.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2013, 07:51:10 am »

I feel your pain. I quit my old job back in June, was back to work in late July, but that brief period of unemployment tapped out my savings. I keep trying to get a bit more of a surplus built up, and I'm making a couple bucks more an hour than I was, but it's still an agonizingly slow process when you're basically working from 0 again. Can't even imagine how it is to be paying someone elses bills on top of your own right now.

I've determined that the most precise term to describe this complex squall of emotional detriment to be....  poopy....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 09:51:49 am »

I've determined that the most precise term to describe this complex squall of emotional detriment to be....  poopy....

I prefer..."Boo"
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 04:38:28 pm »

I prefer..."Boo"

Ha ha....  Simplicity at it's finest....  A positive update for once though, my uncle was murdered earlier this year, and we were finally able to sell his truck to help my mom out so I may be able to squeeze out that TV after all~!

mark1982

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2013, 06:00:16 pm »
Definitely gonna get a PS4, probably not at launch, I'm looking more towards January or Feb, just to see how things go after launch if there are any major problems and what not. XB1... not really, maybe after a couple of years, maybe, see the what other exclusives it will have.
  l    l 

sin2beta

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:20 am »
XBox one put out a pretty decent commercial:

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »
XBox one put out a pretty decent commercial:

Cool commercial. But the greedy SOBs still aren't getting my money after what they tried to pull.

Going Nintendo next-gen between the Wii U and 3DS. And whenever I have the money for another console, it will be a PS4.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »

Going Nintendo next-gen between the Wii U and 3DS. And whenever I have the money for another console, it will be a PS4.
^^this^^

scott

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »
14 days to go until PS4 day!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »
I'm quite unhappy with the new PS4 information about lack of support for CDs, MP3s and media streaming.  I think I might be done with new consoles.  The more controlling these consoles become the less I'm interested.  I'm really hoping SteamOS turns out to be amazing at this point.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2013, 06:55:38 am »
I'm quite unhappy with the new PS4 information about lack of support for CDs, MP3s and media streaming.  I think I might be done with new consoles.  The more controlling these consoles become the less I'm interested.  I'm really hoping SteamOS turns out to be amazing at this point.

I'm the opposite.

The *LESS* shit that a console does (other than gaming, of course) the happier I am  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"