Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 19605 times)

jobocan

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 10:48:47 am »
Does onlive even still exist?

brunauss

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 02:24:05 pm »
Regardless of any prior personal comments made on this thread, I recently decided to not invest in the new consoles. Instead, I'm thinking and moving forward with the new standards. Investing in Onlive and Ouya seems more practical.

Ouch....  That's....  yeah....

What can I say, except watching recent vs videos has done nothing to actually impress me. I was hoping for more at this point. As for Onlive, they do still exist and bounced back harder after they filed Chapter 13 Restructuring. Their library keeps getting more impressive by the month. Check out the updated service for yourself.

http://games.onlive.com/

As for Ouya, you get dizzy when thinking about how fast their 500 count game library grew. They even recently got big-boy titles on board with the system, via established major publishers. Final Fantasy III published by Squre for example. Even spotted a PS2/PC title, The Bard's Tale.

These two underdog systems know where computer entertainment technology is migrating and investing in it the smart way.

We now return you back to your trendy Xbox One and PS4 broadcast.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:41:06 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

jobocan

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:01 pm »
Huh... I just OnLive sort of pointless to have if you have a PC, it doesn't really seem to fit into any segment of the market IMO. Anything you can play on OnLive, you can play on PC. Meh.

As for Ouya... I've had one since a bit before launch (one of the lucky ones who actually got his kickstarter console before the retail release) and I still think it's a bad console. 500 games is nice, it'd be nicer if more than 1 or 2 of those were interesting. I've been hooking it up every few weeks to navigate through the discover store thing, and I never come out downloading anything.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »
Huh... I just OnLive sort of pointless to have if you have a PC, it doesn't really seem to fit into any segment of the market IMO. Anything you can play on OnLive, you can play on PC. Meh.

As for Ouya... I've had one since a bit before launch (one of the lucky ones who actually got his kickstarter console before the retail release) and I still think it's a bad console. 500 games is nice, it'd be nicer if more than 1 or 2 of those were interesting. I've been hooking it up every few weeks to navigate through the discover store thing, and I never come out downloading anything.

This^

scott

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 08:28:21 am »
Got an email this morning that my PS4 is in transit!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 08:30:37 am »
Got an email this morning that my PS4 is in transit!

Yay!
Hopefully you're not one of the unlucky few who will get a faulty console.

I actually tried out the PS4 controller (not the console though), and man that thing is great. Can't wait to get my own PS4 in November.

scott

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:01 am »
Man I hope not.

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:37 pm »

Yay!

I actually tried out the PS4 controller (not the console though), and man that thing is great. Can't wait to get my own PS4 in November.

Just jinx the man why don't you... :/

jobocan

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2013, 11:26:16 pm »

Yay!

Just jinx the man why don't you... :/

I'm all about jinxing people, mwahahaha!

So Sony delayed inFamous from February to March, so I'm getting my PS4 a month later than I thought I would.

scott

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:17 pm »
Eh, that's kinda a bummer. I'm really looking forward to Second Son.

jobocan

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:55 am »

At least it's just a month, so it could be worse. Pikmin 3 was delayed like 7 months despite originally supposed to be a launch title.

And hey, for some people I assume new Uncharted is a nice announcement.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2013, 05:58:04 pm »

At least it's just a month, so it could be worse. Pikmin 3 was delayed like 7 months despite originally supposed to be a launch title.

or it could of been like Rayman Legends delayed 3 months then delayed 7 months with a nut-punch to anyone who bought a Wii U for that game by making it multi-platform

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »
No next gen for this guy yet. I'm waiting for some worthwhile games. Until that happens, I'm content with everything I have right now that I still need to play through.

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2013, 05:16:00 am »
Been playing with my ps4 for the last 6 hours or so!  I only have BF4, and the servers were GODAWFUL until about 2am. 

So, it's pretty much exactly what I expected.  It certainly looks better, that's for sure.  I notice it most in particulate effects, bits of buildings exploding, etc.  Plus, I imagine that Dice probably didn't change much between the ps3/ps4 versions.  That being said, it is probably the least noticeable difference between console generations. 

I downloaded the two free games for PS+, but haven't had a chance to play those yet.

scott

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2013, 08:19:28 am »
I downloaded Resogun and played the hell out of it. But I didn't download the other one yet. I guess I should, since its free. So I'd not really be out anything.