Author Topic: FF XIV A Realm Reborn  (Read 3632 times)

FF XIV A Realm Reborn
« on: August 19, 2013, 08:14:04 pm »
Anyone else been playing?  Open beta just ended, next weekend is early access.  I managed to get Gladiator and Conjurer to level 20 by Saturday night, started Pugilist and then the 3102 bug got me.  Couldn't log in the last couple days.  The game was playing great up until that point, no disconnects/latency issues.  They added some new quests since last beta and leveling was much smoother to 20... I never felt like I had to look for content.

Took a screenshot after getting some cool low level robes for my Conjurer class:

scott

Re: FF XIV A Realm Reborn
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »
I've been playing FFXI and plan on doing a lot of stuff in that that I couldn't do before. But I'm really tempted to get on the FFXIV wagon... especially after I read about Summoners (fav class). It'll more that likely be a while after launch before I hop over tho.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:50:06 am »
The HUD is definitely more cluttered that FFXI's I saw the pic and was all like, male Mithra.  With the way this is designed it feels as though FFXI was nothing more than an extended beta.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:26 pm »
The HUD is customizable, I've added a bar and increased the size of the chat window.  My mumble window is up as well.  There are lots of options if you wanted to clean up the UI.

There are a lot of similar details to XI but this game still feels very different.  There should be tons of fan videos on youtube next week once the NDA is lifted.

scott

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »
Wait... that's a male Mithra?

I would have expected them to be more... I dunno... masculine.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »

I believe it goes by another name in XIV.  For all intents and purposes though they lifted the PC designs straight out of XI.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:03:53 pm »

I believe it goes by another name in XIV.  For all intents and purposes though they lifted the PC designs straight out of XI.

That's true, all the races are back but called by different names.

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 03:26:31 pm »
On a side note I just realized that the Miqo'te is gender specific like the Mithra.  That being said.  Is it just me or does it look like she has a goatee.   :(

Blargh  I need to get better info.  The site I checked didn't even list the male Miqo'te or the female Roegadyn, which looked nothing like I  figured it would.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:37:05 pm by ffxik »

soera

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 03:45:03 pm »
I think it should be illegal to post pics of any cool looking MMO on the forums Im on! Im having withdraws already and I keep seeing stuff about DQX, Elder scrolls online, etc and now to see FF XIV stuff is making it hard too. :P

On another note, I think I may know one of the people that has a message on your screen. I recognize a first and last name :o

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 07:18:13 pm »
I think it should be illegal to post pics of any cool looking MMO on the forums Im on! Im having withdraws already and I keep seeing stuff about DQX, Elder scrolls online, etc and now to see FF XIV stuff is making it hard too. :P

On another note, I think I may know one of the people that has a message on your screen. I recognize a first and last name :o

That's funny, in the chat window or in mumble (voip client)?  I'm excited for DQX too!  I wish there were more hours in a day :/

soera

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »
In the chat window in the bottom left corner. I used to play EQ with a guy who named himself Artemis Enteri. Unless thats a more common name than I realize.

scott

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 12:13:05 am »
Enteri is a pretty important character in R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden novels.

soera

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 12:38:31 am »
Ahhh a D&D novel reference. That could explain the name. It may not be the person Im thinking. :)

ffxik

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:44 am »
In the chat window in the bottom left corner. I used to play EQ with a guy who named himself Artemis Enteri. Unless thats a more common name than I realize.
Enteri is a pretty important character in R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden novels.

A human assassin who was the only one to ever really go toe toe with the Drow.  I'm fairly sure that character is long gone now though. 

scott

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:21 am »
A human assassin who was the only one to ever really go toe toe with the Drow.  I'm fairly sure that character is long gone now though. 

Not to mention, He cut off two of Regis' fingers, as bait for Drizzt. He's actually a still around, despite the Forgotten Realms timeline getting fast forwarded something like 100 years.