Author Topic: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?  (Read 19720 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Who here is getting a PlayStation 4 / XBox One?
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:19 pm »
The XboxNone eventually has to be connected to the internet at some point.

Not true at all... XboxOne can be updated via USB just like 360, PS3 and PS4.

I havent seen anywhere mentioned that you can play the Xbox None without having updated it from the start.

Speaking of consoles, Soera...how are ya' liking your little "MiiinWii?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:21 pm »
Its a neat little console. Its almost not even noticeable on my entertainment center. It just blends in. :)

90snostalga

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2014, 05:12:40 pm »
Its a neat little console. Its almost not even noticeable on my entertainment center. It just blends in. :)

It just blends in right along with your other 300 hundred consoles lol   ;D

« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »
The XboxNone eventually has to be connected to the internet at some point.

Not true at all... XboxOne can be updated via USB just like 360, PS3 and PS4.

I havent seen anywhere mentioned that you can play the Xbox None without having updated it from the start.

You can do the initial update without the One touching a ethernet cable or wifi, but I am not sure if games actually work without that day1 patch. The only thing I can confirm is that it worked without kinect attached from the get go.

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »
Shit isn't even worth it, not at least until another year when price drops and more games come out

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2014, 03:55:10 pm »
Shit isn't even worth it, not at least until another year when price drops and more games come out

...sez "the NooB"...  :o

« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2014, 03:58:18 pm »

ok

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

ok

Of course it's "ok"   ;D

Most of us here are in the habit of posting opinions as *Opinions* and facts as...well...*Facts* - 'cuz most of us here are just mature & courteous like that; ya' know?  ;)

scott

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2014, 12:30:32 am »
He does have a point. I only have 1 retail game for my PS4 and the 3 free PS+ games on PSN.

I'm hyped for MGSV, Infamous, Watch Dogs and a few others. But they won't be out for awhile. And I'm waiting for AC: Black Flag and Need for Speed: Rivals to drop in price a bit before I pick them up.

I picked up my PS4 on launch because I've never had a launch day console and was instantly sold on it. It didn't matter to me that I would be sitting through a new game drought while I waited for titles that interested me. Since I have plenty of other games to play. I can see why you'd wait for a price drop or a longer period of time before picking on up. That's what I did with my 3DS.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:54 am »
I get what you're saying, Scott -BUT-

"The shit's not worth it" is certainly an acceptable opinion to have - but it's far from being a fact...or objective.

Shit, games aside - I sold one for double what I paid for it = "worth it"; no? :o

Veilor

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:24 am »
Jumping in and saying I'm waiting until more games are released/announced. So far every game I want to play is multiplatform, none of the exclusive ones interest me at all (except Halo, but meh). Also I have yet to buy a PS3 or 3DS so got to pick up tose ones before I even consider getting next gen :D

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:12 am »
I currently do not own any of the next gen consoles (including the Wii U), mostly because I am patiently waiting to see how things develop as the new generation progresses. Both consoles are fairly impressive in their own right, however as to what games will be released on them, how their hardware issues (which are pretty prevalent at the moment from what I've read) will be addressed, and how the industry will evolve with the consoles is what will be the deciding factors for me as to whether or not I buy any of them. The latter reason is the one I am most concerned with. I haven't liked the direction the modern gaming industry has been going for the past three or four years, mostly because of the unappaulegetic greed and the lack of creativity and innovation. In a way, I feel like gaming has lost its soul, with only small glimmers of hope coming from certain developers and publishers over the years. At the moment I am content going "retro" only after this current gen has run its course, seeing how there is a wealth of games prior to the next gen that are very much worthy of buying and playing. Aside from that, at close to 1250 games in my collection, I will be lucky even right now to ever play them all in my lifetime. Just my two sense on the subject.