Author Topic: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18109 times)

scott

Re: September 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2013, 09:57:48 am »
Nice Xenosaga II. That series has been on my radar for awhile... just never gotten around to buying them.

I liked the series.

IMO, 3 - is by far - the best one & the one to grab if you see it (seems to be getting significantly rarer & more costly than the others)...

Noted. I haven't really done much looking around, but if I see one in the wild I'll be sure to snag it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »
Nice Xenosaga II. That series has been on my radar for awhile... just never gotten around to buying them.

I liked the series.

IMO, 3 - is by far - the best one & the one to grab if you see it (seems to be getting significantly rarer & more costly than the others)...

I do need it in my collection to complete it :)

insektmute

« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2013, 01:25:12 pm »
Xenosaga depresses me. I had the first two games, bought back when they came out, and wound up selling them when I hit a rough patch. SO MUCH REGRET, especially now that the prices are a bit jacked up.

On a thread-related note, I finally picked up Ni no Kuni!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »
picked up my red X & Y 3DSXL last night

insektmute

« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2013, 04:25:33 pm »
Totally hate Pokemon, but I must admit, the red/silver/black scheme looks awesome!

theflea

« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2013, 05:31:17 pm »
Not a lot from garage sales this week but still found some game stuff.
Also picked up a new console.

Wii $15 each
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
- Mario Sports Mix

A Socrates Mouse System CIB. ($1)

NES .50c
- Operation Wolf

GBA Free
- Gameboy Advanced Video - Pokemon (Box only)

GG $1.25
- Taz-Mania
- Taz: Escape from Mars
- Asterix and the Great Rescue
- Chuck Rock

Found a N64 with 9 games, 3 controllers, expansion ram pak (CIB), Extrention Cord & S-Video cables. for $25
- Namco Museum 64 (CIB)
- Mario Party (CIB)
- NBA Live 99 (CIB)
- Midway Arcade Treasures
- NFL Quarterback Club 99
- Chopper Attack
- Battletanx
- Command & Conquer
- Star Wars Rebel Assault

Picked up the Nintendo 3DS XL - Pokemon X edition (blue)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

sin2beta

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
Missed Retropalooza. But still managed a good day. Overall, I'm pretty happy about going carless. I much prefer living in the city and just using a small motorcycle for long distances. But It's about 35 miles from North Dallas to Arlington and I would have been soaked by rain once I got there. But, I did go hopping around yard sales locally. Made some progress on the 32X collection. I picked up some 32X filler. They are:

Fahrenheit
Star Wars Arcade
NBA Jam TE
NFL Quarterback Club
Toughman Contest.

This puts me at 19/36 games. I've gone past the halfway point on 32X and Game Gear. I'm also damn close tothe halfway point on the Master System. The SEGA collection has been rounding out nicely. The SEGA CD is definitely my weak spot (I have a bunch of Saturn games that I've been too lazy to update on the site database). But even my SEGA CD collection, is getting to the point where I have a decent amount. It's problem is that most of the games I find in the wild are sports games. I need to add a handful of games representative of the system.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »
On a thread-related note, I finally picked up Ni no Kuni!

Do yourself a favor and quit whatever else you are playing and start this. Its one of the best gaming experiences ever. You will get so immersed in the story, you will not want to stop at all. I cant wait to have another playthrough but its only been 6-7 months since I finished it and I can still remember most of it.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »
Picked up Dick Tracy, Power Strike, R.C. Grand Prix and Super Monaco GP for the SMS. Just 7 more to go now.

Was hoping to hit up some garage sales today but figured most got rained out. It's been years since I've been to a flea market, might have to scope a few out next weekend.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2013, 08:15:03 am »
@ Sin2Beta I was looking for you all day. I set back a copy of Captain Silver that I saw you didn't have in your collection.

Anyway, I didn't have a whole lot of time to shop at Retropalooza, but I did pick up a few things I've been wanting and one stupid impulse buy

SNES
Magical Quest Staring Mickey Mouse $10
Boxed Joe & Mac $15
Yoshi's Island $15

NES
6 games that I don't remember what they are for $12

And is spent $25 on a CIB Power Pad.

$77 isn't bad for that.

I a also won a pixel art painting for answering a trivia question.
" What were the names of the Battletoads?"

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2013, 12:05:00 pm »
Just ordered Michael Jackson's Moonwalker and Montezuma's Revenge for the SMS. Only five more to go now. Dreading James "Buster" Douglas Knockout Boxing but I have the funds put together for that when one eventually surfaces.

Also picked up cases and manuals for Great Soccer, Alex Kidd The Lost Stars and Captain Silver. Have five carts now that need boxes and around two dozen that still need manuals (although I'm not too concerned about manuals - it's nice if they're there but not something that would make my almost-OCD flare up).

Snagged NBA Tournament Edition for the 32X and a NES Power Pad while I was out and about, too.

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2013, 12:31:06 pm »
Picked up a Dreamcast with two controllers and all cords from Goodwill for 10$. Then bought a complete copy of Jet Grind Radio for 8$.

Also picked up Rhem on the PC for 8$.

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2013, 01:23:29 pm »
Just ordered Michael Jackson's Moonwalker and Montezuma's Revenge for the SMS. Only five more to go now. Dreading James "Buster" Douglas Knockout Boxing but I have the funds put together for that when one eventually surfaces.

Also picked up cases and manuals for Great Soccer, Alex Kidd The Lost Stars and Captain Silver. Have five carts now that need boxes and around two dozen that still need manuals (although I'm not too concerned about manuals - it's nice if they're there but not something that would make my almost-OCD flare up).

Snagged NBA Tournament Edition for the 32X and a NES Power Pad while I was out and about, too.

I hope that'll you'll be able to find the other 5 easily! Also, I hope that you can find the case and manual for the other games.

insektmute

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:44 pm »
Do yourself a favor and quit whatever else you are playing and start this. Its one of the best gaming experiences ever. You will get so immersed in the story, you will not want to stop at all. I cant wait to have another playthrough but its only been 6-7 months since I finished it and I can still remember most of it.

Haha, I probably would, but the game I'm currently playing is Tales of Xillia! Absolutely in love with it, and since I'm just about finished playing through as Jude, I'm thinking I may do another run with Milla.

sin2beta

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »
@ Sin2Beta I was looking for you all day. I set back a copy of Captain Silver that I saw you didn't have in your collection.

Yeah, I wanted to make it, but that would have been two hours of motorcycling in the rain. Plus, the return trip with products didn't seem wise while raining. I was looking forward to meeting some VGCollect people.

That is one I need, if you still have it, you can PM me a price. We've already sent each other stuff before. Should be easy enough.

How was selling at Retropalooza? Able to clear out most of your stuff?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c