Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 6519 times)

soera

Re: Diablo III
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:07 pm »
This update is PC only Im guessing? A lot of the stuff listed looks like the stuff thats already on the PS3 version.

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 05:26:55 pm »
I havent played in months; if i wanted to start playing again, do think it would be better to start a new character or jump back on one of my max level characters?

scott

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:46 pm »
This update is PC only Im guessing? A lot of the stuff listed looks like the stuff thats already on the PS3 version.

Ya PC only pre expansion patch. Lol, I didn't realize you started it, talking about the PS3 version.

I havent played in months; if i wanted to start playing again, do think it would be better to start a new character or jump back on one of my max level characters?

I picked it up with my level 29 Wizard after months of not playing and it seemed fine. Of course, I was debating on starting at level 1 again to see everything from scratch too. But I'm not sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »
I guess I'll just play around with it and see what works for me!

desocietas

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:50 am »
I was playing at least once a week for a few hours at a time in the weeks leading up to the patch, so it's nice to see how much the patch affects the game now.  A lot of friends had to reevaluate what kind of character they had been playing since a lot of the skills were changed.

The Loot 2.0 system is pretty good, though it sucks that trading is much more restricted now.

But I really like the addition of the paragon point system and the new affixes to the monsters and elite packs really help to make the game feel fresh again.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 11:49:47 am »
The only problem I've noticed so far with my Wizard, is that crafting loot for my Templar buddy rolls stats geared for my toon rather than him. They should have the option to select if its for you or a follower.

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
The only problem I've noticed so far with my Wizard, is that crafting loot for my Templar buddy rolls stats geared for my toon rather than him. They should have the option to select if its for you or a follower.

oh, that's weird.  I haven't tried crafting yet, but I'm *really* happy that they upped the number of mats you can can stack.  You could always have your templar stop following you temporarily while you craft, but that's kinda lame that that's the case.  Are they items built for the new crusader class or just for the actual templar?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 12:20:05 pm »
The actual Templar. I don't have anyone else playing the game to coop with at the moment. So I need a follower to help out.

soera

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:13 pm »
I disliked the followers. I used the templar through the game the very first play through but after that, I started rolling solo. The great thing about the PS3 is you can actually play up to 4 characters on screen at once so I built me up a demon hunter, a wizard, and a barbarian to run with the monk. I would just set the controllers on a little table next to my recliner and pick em up one at a time if I needed something. I mostly controlled the demon hunter with the turrets and long range shooting and would use the monk for heals, the barb for his weird AE fire looking thing and the wizard to drop big bombs if needed.

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 08:32:25 pm »
i just order it from amazon.
been wanting to play this for 5 years

scott

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:24 pm »

When you get your account set up, lemme know. We'll get some games going!

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2014, 08:19:05 pm »

When you get your account set up, lemme know. We'll get some games going!

sounds good
still waiting for amazon to ship it.

i have downloaded it already and installed it. created my account. just need the CD key.

SteTheBubble is my account name

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2014, 08:51:08 pm »
oh there is a free trial to lvl 13

scott

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 11:36:41 pm »
Nice. I'll prolly be online Friday. I won't have much gaming time until then.

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 11:31:13 am »
Scott, a friend told me that there should be an area where you can select whether you're making something for your char or your follower. I don't craft much myself, so I haven't seen that option yet.

The current XP boost is up until the launch of Reaper of Souls... Can't wait!  Less than 2 weeks away at this point...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas