Author Topic: Retunring and need some input, (Zelda related).  (Read 1292 times)

Retunring and need some input, (Zelda related).
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:42:29 pm »
I haven't been here in a bit, had much going on lately with new job, dying computer and moving. So I wanted to say I am back, though I doubt anyone knew I was here to begin with, HA!

I need some input from you folks concerning which Zelda game to play through while I wait for Wind Waker HD. I have Twilight Princess, (Wii version), and Skyward Sword. Of what I have played of both in the past, (haven't beat either one), I enjoy them both. However I did previously play Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, so I am not sure if I am going to enjoy the waggle controls here. Is it so bad, or is it quite alright and still worth a play through even if I only have the Wii version?

Thank you all, I appreciate it.  ;D

scott

Re: Retunring and need some input, (Zelda related).
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »
Welcome back!

I never played Twilight Princess on the Wii, refused to play it after they announced they were porting it to the Wii with tacked on waggle controls. So I've only ever played the real version on the GameCube too. But I did enjoy it.

I've not played more than maybe the 1st hour of Skyward Sword either though. But I'd say if you're gonna play a game w/ waggle controls, that is the one to go for. Since it was designed to be played that way in the 1st place.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:49:27 pm »
I personally preferred Twilight Princess.  Skyward Sword was a bit slow for me and I did not enjoy it as much.  The motion controls for TP suck compared to SS, but it was not a huge issue for me.  Both are excellent games though.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »
I don't think the controls in the Wii version of Twilight Princess are as bad as people make it out to be, but I also think it's the worst console Zelda game (CD-i aside) so I'd go with Skyward Sword.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:09:57 am »
I haven't been here in a bit, had much going on lately with new job, dying computer and moving. So I wanted to say I am back, though I doubt anyone knew I was here to begin with, HA!

I need some input from you folks concerning which Zelda game to play through while I wait for Wind Waker HD. I have Twilight Princess, (Wii version), and Skyward Sword. Of what I have played of both in the past, (haven't beat either one), I enjoy them both. However I did previously play Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, so I am not sure if I am going to enjoy the waggle controls here. Is it so bad, or is it quite alright and still worth a play through even if I only have the Wii version?

Aw c'mon DD...you know that I know/remember you (possibly from somewhere else as "darkrpger", though) - glad to see you're back around!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »

Aw c'mon DD...you know that I know/remember you (possibly from somewhere else as "darkrpger", though) - glad to see you're back around!

Yea, I thought you would remember me, as you introduced me to here. It is good to be back. Hard to find time to do much with everything going on the past few months, I swear the older I get, the less time there is in the day.

And thank you everyone for the replies. I think I will knock out Twilight Princess first then Skyward Sword.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 09:02:51 am »

Yea, I thought you would remember me, as you introduced me to here. It is good to be back. Hard to find time to do much with everything going on the past few months, I swear the older I get, the less time there is in the day.

And thank you everyone for the replies. I think I will knock out Twilight Princess first then Skyward Sword.

Don't be a stranger  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 01:10:59 pm »
Welcome back! I haven't been on the site much since my laptop went down but I do remember you!

I didn't like Twilight Princess so I would go with Skyward Sword

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:20 pm »
haven't play all of ss, so I go with TP. The game was meant to flow smoother with the new controls, btw plz explain "waggle"
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー