Author Topic: The game behind the name?  (Read 6827 times)

Re: The game behind the name?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 11:33:31 pm »
I'm older than all of you! I'm turning 42 on Oct. 25th...

Yes, but according to what you posted earlier you will be turning 42 and I'll be turning 43 this year, No?

He's starting to get confused in this day and age.

90snostalga

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 12:17:14 am »

Yes, but according to what you posted earlier you will be turning 42 and I'll be turning 43 this year, No?

;D  Good one

ffxik

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 03:32:51 am »
Pretty self-explanatory here too.  FFXIK = Final Fantasy XI Kovalt.  Short hand game name then first letter of my main handle on the Remora server.  I started using it way back when so my friends on that server would know me.  It just kinda stuck.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 10:04:43 am »
I'm older than all of you! I'm turning 43 on Oct. 25th...

Fix'd.

My bad - must have hit "2" instead of "3"  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 10:06:22 am »

;D

Damnable, tech-savvy whippersnappers - *GET OFF OF MY LAWN*  >:(

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 11:05:34 am »

;D

Well, the good thing is that you should have at least 30 years of your life left.!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »

;D

Well, the good thing is that you should have at least 30 years of your life left.!

Ehh...

One good...well...at least *FUN* thing about being my age was getting to grow-up/be a teen-ager in the 80's  ;)

If one was into the whole "Sex, drugs, 'n' Rock-n-Roll - Metal/Power Ballads & Hair-bands" thing (which, I was - whole-heartedly)...it *really* was a kick-ass time to be growing up.

I mean...we didn't have cell phones -but- then again, we didn't have AIDS to worry about either.  It was a very different (and, I think) exciting time to be alive!

We got the 2600 as soon as it was released - and have had the opportunity to play & experience games/gaming from the Arcade/Atari days until now.

As far as having another 30 years to live...I just might  ;)

I *vividly* remember being shocked to reach the age of 18 -and- couldn't believe it when I hit 21.  A lot of my friends & family *didn't*  :'(

So, as far as I'm concerned...I'm already living on borrowed/extra/undeserved time -so- it's all gravy, really!

atariboy

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 04:06:13 pm »
hahaha! ok now I got it  ??? I agree that being a teenager in the 80's was a great thing, and the music just can't be beat from then. I really wasn't into the sex and drugs part of it all but I did go to my share of parties where all my friends did drink and do drugs but those things just never interested me, I was more concerned about finding an abandoned house with a empty pool that we could skate in.  :P My first Video game system was the Adam Computer but I played soooo much of the Atari 2600 cause my best friend had an Atari. So obviously my username comes from my love of the atari system.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »
hahaha! ok now I got it  ??? I agree that being a teenager in the 80's was a great thing, and the music just can't be beat from then. I really wasn't into the sex and drugs part of it all but I did go to my share of parties where all my friends did drink and do drugs but those things just never interested me, I was more concerned about finding an abandoned house with a empty pool that we could skate in.  :P My first Video game system was the Adam Computer but I played soooo much of the Atari 2600 cause my best friend had an Atari. So obviously my username comes from my love of the atari system.

Yeah, I try to stay as far away as I can from drugs, and I've never had sex, so I guess the way I'm growing up is quite a bit different from Disgaeniac, and I have never really been the social type person, I'm pretty shy in person.

atariboy

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 05:56:01 pm »
Yeah, I try to stay as far away as I can from drugs, and I've never had sex, so I guess the way I'm growing up is quite a bit different from Disgaeniac, and I have never really been the social type person, I'm pretty shy in person.

pretty much sounds like me in my adult life. I'll be your friend  ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 05:58:02 pm »

Okay, sounds great!!  ;D

sin2beta

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »

I'd be careful. I saw a story on 60 minutes that started off with a post like this on an internet forum.  :P
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »

I'd be careful. I saw a story on 60 minutes that started off with a post like this on an internet forum.  :P

Yeah, I've had very bad experiences making friends online before, so I'm a lot more careful now. I don't think AtariBoy will cause trouble to me though.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2013, 09:37:36 am »

Yeah, I've had very bad experiences making friends online before, so I'm a lot more careful now. I don't think AtariBoy will cause trouble to me though.

I don't think he will, either :)

(thinking that maybe it should evolve into AtariMAN by now)...

ffxik

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »
I didn't realize we we're posting ages as well.  Just hit 30 a while back.