Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 15950 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 03:34:10 pm »
Just tap the Playstation button while you're in the PSOne game, it will bring up a menu and that should be one of the options.

I'd never heard of/didn't know about this, either.

Then again, I can only remember playing a couple of PS1 games on my PS3 (CT WAS one of them, though)!

*SOURCE*  on/for this?

(Not that I don't believe everything that I read on Internet message boards, or anything:)  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:41:01 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »
Just tap the Playstation button while you're in the PSOne game, it will bring up a menu and that should be one of the options.

Then again, I can only remember playing a couple of PS1 games on my PS3 (CT WAS one of them, though)!

*SOURCE*  on/for this?

(Not that I don't believe everything that I read on Internet message boards, or anything:)  ;)

Source:  Me.  Because I've done it.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »
Everything is awesome!

Including that ... I will have to try it out now.

You can also set fast load for every ps1 game somewhere in the main settings menu. I don't remember where off the top of my head. I can post a video or screenshot when I get home.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy for PS1 had awful load times on PS1 but it's not bad at all on PS3.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2014, 03:51:23 pm »
My bad, Greg  :o

I wasn't doubting you.

I should have quoted the original post asking for a source on where (and when) there was a PSN patch/System Update that added a permanent PS3 system setting called "PS1 Fast-Loader" (or whatever) that you can set to constantly speed up all PS1 game load times...I know there's (been) a setting for "Upscaling" PS1 games -but- this is something completely different; right?

Also, I *think* that I heard that there was some setting like this for the VITA when playing digital PS1 games & was wondering if it's now the same thing for both the PS3 & the Vita...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »
Everything is awesome!

Including that ... I will have to try it out now.

You can also set fast load for every ps1 game somewhere in the main settings menu. I don't remember where off the top of my head. I can post a video or screenshot when I get home.

Please do!

I'm already kicking myself in the ass for not knowing about such a thing  :-[

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »

I wasn't doubting you.

I should have quoted the original post asking for a source on where (and when) there was a PSN patch/System Update that added a permanent PS3 system setting called "PS1 Fast-Loader" (or whatever) that you can set to constantly speed up all PS1 game load times...I know there's (been) a setting for "Upscaling" PS1 games -but- this is something completely different; right?

Also, I *think* that I heard that there was some setting like this for the VITA when playing digital PS1 games & was wondering if it's now the same thing for both the PS3 & the Vita...

It's been a feature of the ps3 since launch.

I know for sure you can set it per game as described above. But I think you can set it as a default for all games as well. I could be mistaken on that part.

Don't feel bad. Some people don't realize they can play ps1 games on it at all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:59:31 pm by dashv »

bobster

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:32 pm »

I wasn't doubting you.

I believe the Vita has the same thing. This is again according to internet forums which would never lead us astray.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2014, 04:40:20 pm »

I wasn't doubting you.

I believe the Vita has the same thing. This is again according to internet forums which would never lead us astray.

;D

soera

« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:10 pm »
No one mentions the "Everything is awesome"? :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

Have you been watching the Lego Movie?  The Boy loves it.

argyle

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:37 pm »

I wasn't doubting you.

It's been a feature of the ps3 since launch.

I know for sure you can set it per game as described above. But I think you can set it as a default for all games as well. I could be mistaken on that part.

Don't feel bad. Some people don't realize they can play ps1 games on it at all.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm not 100% sure if there's a way to set it to do that as the default or not, I *want* to say no because of the whole "some games may not work correctly if you turn it on" clause, I was thinking they made it stay off by default so that you'd see the game actually worked before messing with it.  But I'm not certain on that.  I always just do the quickie change per game, since I play PSOne games on my PS3 so rarely, and let that be it.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »
Soooo I can't find that option anywhere. I looked under other settings while in the game and all I have is Screen mode and smoothing. I tried this with the FF Chronicles disk, then figured maybe it's only PSN titles, so I started up Vagrant Story and Xenogears that I got from the PSN and didn't see it either. I'm lost... lol
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:39 am »

Have you been watching the Lego Movie?  The Boy loves it.

My kids have watched it 4 times over the last 2 nights. I cant get that damned song out of my head.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 02:16:47 am »

*SOURCE*  on/for this?

Source:  Me.  Because I've done it.  :P

Folks,

I have to apologize. I just sat down to check and it seems I got my new old school mixed up.

The ps2 lets you set it system wide (although my Alzheimer's has me swearing I set it when I first got my ps3 as well.). I also swear I've toggled it on/off per game on my PS3 (that one must be the Aspertame in my Coke Zero).

Anyway, I am uploading a video to youtube showing how to set it system wide on the PS2. I've read a few places that say PS2 with fast disk read is actually faster than PS3 normal.

I'll have to give that a shot. If it's true I guess my quest for a fully backward compatible PS3 fat will come to an end and my PS 2 will continue to have purpose.

I'm pretty embarrassed by my brain misfiring on this one. :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:29:15 am by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 02:25:33 am »

I didn't get it.

What's it from? :)