Author Topic: How Is Your Dreamcast Gaming Going?  (Read 2853 times)

Re: How Is Your Dreamcast Gaming Going?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 09:27:38 pm »
I haven't played on it in a while, but I did love SoulCalibur.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »
I haven't played on it in a while, but I did love SoulCalibur.

"Welcome to the stage of history!"

sin2beta

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 10:49:41 pm »
BTW, I plan on using some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on my Dreamcast and my SNES (which is worse) to get rid of some the yellowing that's happened over time. I've heard it works wonders. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Maybe I'll take before and after pics, if it works. You'll all see the big, ugly, but completely cosmetic crack in my SNES!

It did get a lot of dirt that I couldn't even see off of them, but unfortunately, it didn't do squat about the yellowing. Luckily, the yellowing on my Dreamcast is hardly noticable, but the SNES is bad.

I myself completely remove the shell and scrub it down with Soft Scrub, then rinse thoroughly before drying and putting it back on.

I hear Retr0bright is great for yellowing.  I also hear it is on the expensive side to make.

Here are two videos with techniques I have not tried, but both are very reputable in knowing what they are doing.

This removes the reacted plastic

This does a LOT more.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 03:04:03 am »
I'm in.  I <3 the dreamcast..

In that article, he mentions that games are "still being made" for the DC?

Is he talking homebrew?  Anyone have any experience with that?  It sounds intriguing.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 11:27:36 am »
I have two Dreamcasts, one is loud, the other is not.  By loud, I mean the sound of the machine turning the disc.  I wonder why there's so much of a difference.  Probably different hardware models.

sin2beta

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 12:23:08 pm »
I'm in.  I <3 the dreamcast..

In that article, he mentions that games are "still being made" for the DC?

Is he talking homebrew?  Anyone have any experience with that?  It sounds intriguing.

Yeah, it's homebrew. It has one of the healthiest homebrew scenes for a console released post 2nd gen (atari, coleco, etc).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

bobster

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »
I've been dying to dig into Skies of Arcadia (I never had a working 2nd disc so I've never completed it), but I'm waiting for my hanzo to come in so I can experience it in all it's glory!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 02:52:25 pm »
I think I'm almost done with the games I want to collect for the Dreamcast.  Still looking for Record Of Lodoss War and Virtua Tennis, though.  Really enjoyed Skies Of Arcadia as I'm a fan of pirate-themed RPGs and want to see Cupil on my VMU.  Just started Evolution: The World Of Sacred Device and it's pretty amusing.  Overall, having awesome times.

Please check out the games I have for sale.