Author Topic: Obscure, good Wii games  (Read 30723 times)

maximo310

Re: Obscure, good Wii games
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2015, 02:18:25 pm »
Sadly, my store doesnt have a copy.

Give them time, I just counted and 38 stores within 100 miles of me have it now. :P Or do a search and see if your local store will get another store to transfer a copy in.
Yeah asking the manager to transfer a copy is the easiest way to get the game without wasting gas if you can't find it close to you. I've managed to get quite a few rare Wii games with this method, so just give it a shot and see what they can do for you.

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2015, 09:43:59 pm »
One game I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is Oregon Trail. I guess to be totally honest, I had no idea this game existed on the Wii until very recently. I placed a copy on hold at GS and will be going to pick it up tomorrow. It goes for $30 to $40 on the BAY which is pretty pricy for a Wii title.

argyle

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2015, 11:34:48 pm »
One game I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is Oregon Trail. I guess to be totally honest, I had no idea this game existed on the Wii until very recently. I placed a copy on hold at GS and will be going to pick it up tomorrow. It goes for $30 to $40 on the BAY which is pretty pricy for a Wii title.

I hadn't heard of it before - just checked, and no Gamestops within 100 miles of me have it either. Oh well, another one to put on the list to keep my eye out for.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2015, 10:38:55 am »
Calling? Huh, one of Hudson's last games. Have to pick it up some time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »
Holy crap! I HAVE to get Oregon Trail!

maximo310

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »
Another game to pick up is King of Fighters: Orochi Saga which has KoF 94' through '98, and it seems fairly rare as well. There's also:
-samurai shodown anthology
 -dragon's lair collection,
- mad dog mccree collection
- counter force ( better known as exzeus which was originally for the sega naomi, okay rail shooter)
- koroinpa marble saga ( fun marable puzzle game)
- spectrobes origins
-phantom brave: we meet again ( tactics rpg that's better that has added features from the original ps2 version, also on psp with a additional mode called puzzlehunt)
-mini ninjas

Right now, I've been checking with my gamestop for some more wii games, and I'm waiting for them to ship 3 games to my store: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, KoF Orochi Saga, and Data East Arcade Classics. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of these since the last two are much cheaper at gs than online, so wish me luck.

maximo310

« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2015, 12:30:19 am »
Also want to point out, after picking up a CIB F1 2009, that there are some price changes on Gamestop's website. The only ones I've seen so far were Fritz Chess $25-30, Xenoblade $55-60, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $65-70. Does this mean we might be seeing reprints of any of these games soon?

Warmsignal

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »
I doubt there's any real demand for Fritz Chess. ??? But Xenoblade and Fire Emblem have already seen a reprint I think.

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »
Obscure, Good Wii Games
A Boy and his Blob Majestic
Broken Blade
Opoona Rpg Koei Slow start you will get lost. Very Deep Fisher Price Graphics. No one EVER talks about this one anywhere.
Dokapon Kingdom Party Rpg Atlus Mario Party with Final Fantasy on crack & mix of monopoly. $90.00 Online $21.00 at Gamestop best for getting this cheap
Dragon Quest Swords
Excitebots Trick Racing Poor Mans Mario Kart
Ghost Busters Yes Motion Controls but excellent game
Madworld Beat Em Up Black and White Comic art don't be turned off has a sequel on ps3 Anarchy Reigns
Rhythm Heaven you can skip levels at the cafe if things are too tough. 100% for an awesome unlockable game.
Sam and Max 1&2 Seperate Games Point and Click Adventures
Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros Treasure Capcom Puzzle Adventure Save Fortune Tickets

argyle

« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »
I doubt there's any real demand for Fritz Chess. ??? But Xenoblade and Fire Emblem have already seen a reprint I think.

Fire Emblem hasn't.  I wish it would get one, honestly.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2015, 04:46:47 pm »
Yeah, I'd love to see them re-issue both the GameCube and Wii Fire Emblems. Missed out on those :(.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

maximo310

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2015, 09:51:49 pm »
Yeah, I'd love to see them re-issue both the GameCube and Wii Fire Emblems. Missed out on those :(.
When I saw the Wii Fire Emblem price go from $65-70, I think it shows there's a good chance they'll reprint the game, especially since they just did reprints for One Piece Unlimited Adventure and the Calling, two rare Wii games in the last year. However, I think you're out of luck for  a FE: Path of Radiance reprint since Nintendo isn't going to reprint Gamecube games. I managed to get my complete copy for a really good price back in December, and that was pretty lucky. I would suggest waiting a while, as prices will probably drop a bit in the next few months hopefully, since buying it right now is around $80+ for a complete copy on ebay.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:50 pm »
Yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath for a GC reprint, fortunately.  I'd really like to see them port the 2 games as a bundle to the Wii U.  One day, maybe.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

maximo310

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2015, 01:44:01 am »
Yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath for a GC reprint, fortunately.  I'd really like to see them port the 2 games as a bundle to the Wii U.  One day, maybe.
I hope there will be a new fire emblem bundle/ new game on the Wii U, but it would only work if Nintendo advertised it well. I believe that Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sold pretty terrible because of the lack of advertising and those low sales almost killed the series, so at this point, I think it would work if advertised well and sold decently on the Wii U ( both are things that many games don't have on that console at the moment, unfortunately).

argyle

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »
I hope there will be a new fire emblem bundle/ new game on the Wii U, but it would only work if Nintendo advertised it well. I believe that Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sold pretty terrible because of the lack of advertising and those low sales almost killed the series, so at this point, I think it would work if advertised well and sold decently on the Wii U ( both are things that many games don't have on that console at the moment, unfortunately).

They need to put out the SMT x Fire Emblem game, that would definitely get the series some more interest.