Author Topic: Obscure, good Wii games  (Read 30456 times)

abe

Re: Obscure, good Wii games
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2015, 05:25:29 pm »
Yeah, I'm not exactly holding my breath for a GC reprint, fortunately.  I'd really like to see them port the 2 games as a bundle to the Wii U.  One day, maybe.
I hope there will be a new fire emblem bundle/ new game on the Wii U, but it would only work if Nintendo advertised it well. I believe that Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sold pretty terrible because of the lack of advertising and those low sales almost killed the series, so at this point, I think it would work if advertised well and sold decently on the Wii U ( both are things that many games don't have on that console at the moment, unfortunately).

They need to put out the SMT x Fire Emblem game, that would definitely get the series some more interest.

It would be nice if they at least gave us more info on SMT x Fire Emblem other than "this game isn't dead yet don't worry" every several months or so. When's the last time Nintendo even acknowledged the game's existence, last E3? :'( Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but they sure are taking their time. I suppose it's better than rushing through the game's development, but you think they'd be almost done by now.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2015, 05:52:54 pm »
Big fan of both of those series... and I'd completely forgotten that crossover game exists.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

desocietas

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2015, 06:06:41 pm »
Well, at least the 3DS is getting a new Fire Emblem game, so the franchise is still going.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2015, 06:21:22 am »
Grabbed another cheap obscure game off of my wishlist yesterday, Dawn of Discovery. Only one store in my area had it. Popped it in last night to test it out, and had a REALLY hard time turning it off! It's what would happen if Sim City were crossed with a RTS. Great graphics, very intuitive controls and just a blast if you're into that sort of game. Highly recommended!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2015, 09:18:54 pm »
Grabbed another cheap obscure game off of my wishlist yesterday, Dawn of Discovery. Only one store in my area had it. Popped it in last night to test it out, and had a REALLY hard time turning it off! It's what would happen if Sim City were crossed with a RTS. Great graphics, very intuitive controls and just a blast if you're into that sort of game. Highly recommended!

Hm, I've seen that game in my stores and have always passed over it because it looked like a generic Sid Meier's Pirates! or something.  I'll have to give it a go the next time I see it :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

indenton

« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2015, 04:17:14 pm »
Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon is a game which has won over my heart, FINALLY kindling my true artistic side.  It's a little hard to explain, but I love this game for what it's helped me accomplish within the real world... I know, that's a little deep. 

I can admit that this game does have its problems, the writing and themes unfortunately do overshadow the gameplay greatly, so it is a bit of a mixed bag at its core.  Using the Wii remote to aim within smaller rooms can be quite awkward at times. 

If you like the mysterious themes of Silent Hill but are simply too terrified to go near the game like myself, and you're a fan of Anime/Manga art style.  Then this game should be very welcome within your collection. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2015, 01:28:34 am »
Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon is a game which has won over my heart, FINALLY kindling my true artistic side.  It's a little hard to explain, but I love this game for what it's helped me accomplish within the real world... I know, that's a little deep. 

I can admit that this game does have its problems, the writing and themes unfortunately do overshadow the gameplay greatly, so it is a bit of a mixed bag at its core.  Using the Wii remote to aim within smaller rooms can be quite awkward at times. 

If you like the mysterious themes of Silent Hill but are simply too terrified to go near the game like myself, and you're a fan of Anime/Manga art style.  Then this game should be very welcome within your collection.

Yeah, I think the story was fantastic, and the world was magical. Very moving, kinda almost too much for me at times!  :-X

argyle

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2015, 10:13:00 am »
Rooms: The Main Building - Goofy title, kinda generic-looking box art, but a pretty interesting puzzle game if that's your thing. It's more or less a sliding block puzzle, but the twist is your character is in the blocks and you have to slide them so that you can navigate to the exit. $3 used at GS if you can find it, and worth that if you like unique puzzle games.

Cruis'n - I had wanted this because it was supposed to be a sequel to Cruis'n USA / Cruis'n World. Finally found it complete yesterday...but now I kinda wish I hadn't. In the running for worst game I've played on the Wii. Broken controls, HORRIBLE graphics (we're talking PS1 level here - no textures on the cars at all & the environment textures are a pixilated, stretched-out mess) - no redeeming qualities at all. Avoid at all cost, I'll be returning my copy today at lunch.  :-X
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2015, 04:19:23 pm »
Cruis'n - I had wanted this because it was supposed to be a sequel to Cruis'n USA / Cruis'n World. Finally found it complete yesterday...but now I kinda wish I hadn't. In the running for worst game I've played on the Wii. Broken controls, HORRIBLE graphics (we're talking PS1 level here - no textures on the cars at all & the environment textures are a pixilated, stretched-out mess) - no redeeming qualities at all. Avoid at all cost, I'll be returning my copy today at lunch.  :-X

It doesn't even fit the so bad it's good category? Not even a little bit amusing that it's so terrible? :o

argyle

« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »

It doesn't even fit the so bad it's good category? Not even a little bit amusing that it's so terrible? :o

No, and I own at least 2 Wii games that are firmly in that category (Escape From Bug Island and Spy Games: Elevator Mission).  There's nothing redeeming about Cruis'n on any level.  :(

abe

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »

No, and I own at least 2 Wii games that are firmly in that category (Escape From Bug Island and Spy Games: Elevator Mission).  There's nothing redeeming about Cruis'n on any level.  :(

Ouch. I'll make sure I avoid that game then. Thanks.

Warmsignal

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2015, 07:34:18 pm »
Rooms: The Main Building - Goofy title, kinda generic-looking box art, but a pretty interesting puzzle game if that's your thing. It's more or less a sliding block puzzle, but the twist is your character is in the blocks and you have to slide them so that you can navigate to the exit. $3 used at GS if you can find it, and worth that if you like unique puzzle games.

At over 100 games, you're pushing it to ask for more tolerable software on Wii.  :P

argyle

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2015, 10:43:50 pm »

At over 100 games, you're pushing it to ask for more tolerable software on Wii.  :P

Heh, there's actually quite a few more I'm looking for. And I'm surprisingly short on first party titles too. ;)

maximo310

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »
Does anyone have a list of reprinted Wii games? After finding the Dokapon Kingdom reprint a couple of weeks ago, I'm curious to see how many rare games have or will get reprints via gamestop.

devancowan

« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:50 pm »

I picked this up a few months ago and have yet to play it. So far i haven't heard any bad things about it. Ill definitely have to try it out sooner rather then later!