Author Topic: two player oldies...  (Read 2408 times)

two player oldies...
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:06 am »
Lol just got a ps4 but more worried about the old as always. What's some great(not to hard co-op games) like on nes SNES, gen, tg-16. Games I could play and possibly beat with my lady friend lol not battletoads stuff like that. I been playing all stars and river city with her lately.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: two player oldies...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 04:53:11 am »
Lol just got a ps4 but more worried about the old as always. What's some great(not to hard co-op games) like on nes SNES, gen, tg-16. Games I could play and possibly beat with my lady friend lol not battletoads stuff like that. I been playing all stars and river city with her lately.

Contra. Use the code and you can finish it. I run through it regularly with a 4 year old.
Bubble Bobble. I play it with my wife. It's cute (so she'll like it) and still really fun.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:38 am »
Very awesome I'll have to put on some bobble I got it so I'll see. I played contra and it was hard on arcade but I'll see about this code.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

scott

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:05:31 am »
Goof Troop on SNES is always a good time.

If you have a PS3, go with LittleBigPlanet, it's super cute and she could like it.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:20:37 am »
I definitely second little big planet. Those games are great co-op. The lego games also come to mind. Also, Mario Party. I'm really drawing a blank on older games. Golf on NES is surprisingly fun to play competitive.

My lady friend and I played through resident evil 5 and 6 together, but that would depend on your lady friend's tastes.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »
A few off the top of my head:

NES:
-Bubble Bobble
-Captain America and the Avengers (completely different game from the SNES/Genesis version)
-Contra
-Double Dragon 1-3
-Dr. Mario
-Pin-Bot
-R.C. Pro-Am
-Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 (2 is only 1-player, but you could still take turns on levels, I suppose. Even then, SMB 1 & 3 aren't 2-player at the same time, it's 2-player on turns)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 & 3

SNES:
-Captain America and the Avengers (completely different game from the NES version)
-Contra III: The Alien Wars
-Final Fight 2 & 3
-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
-Separation Anxiety (Spider-Man & Venom)
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Mario World
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »
Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

'nuff said.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:30 am »
I'm fairly certain that Secret Of Mana and Secret Of Evermore could be played 2-player.  If memory still serves me correctly, I used to play Secret Of Mana with a friend.  I was the human male and he would play either of the others.  Also, The Uncanny X-Men is also two-player, right?

I also second with scott and be the third supporter with scott & bobster on their recommendations.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 12:47:45 am »
Also, The Uncanny X-Men is also two-player, right?

As in the NES one? Yeah. But who in the world wants to play that game?

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 01:57:49 am »
I am thinking secret of mana and tmnt Manhattan. I would zombies ate my neighbors but that gets repetitive after a little while we are playing Mario 3 since that's what I used to. I'll have to look into little big planet my bros girl liked that. Rampage ain't to bad either but repetitive.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

scott

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:13 am »
Secret of Mana is fun 2 or 3 player. But man the game can be super cheap and evil to new players.

I had my GF play it with me when I bought it last year and she died constantly because got in the way of werewolves that just juggled the hell out of her cause she was next to a wall.

Final Fantasy III (SNES) is multiplayer capable too, if you go into the options menu after the game starts.

bobster

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:05:21 am »
Secret of Mana is fun 2 or 3 player. But man the game can be super cheap and evil to new players.

I had my GF play it with me when I bought it last year and she died constantly because got in the way of werewolves that just juggled the hell out of her cause she was next to a wall.

Final Fantasy III (SNES) is multiplayer capable too, if you go into the options menu after the game starts.
Wait, what?! I had no clue! I know what I'm doing with my girlfriend soon! Once she beats 5 I think.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:45 am »
Ya, you can set it to multiple game pads and you can split it up anyway you want. When I did it I gave the GF one person to control and I took the other 3.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 12:33:59 am »
Ooh...  Another game I enjoyed playing with my best friend from childhood was Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers.  I loved playing as Dale and I always threw Chip away, whether it's to reach a faraway platform or just for fun.

Did I mention it's REALLY fun throwing Chip?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

pacpix

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:27 am »
Ooh...  Another game I enjoyed playing with my best friend from childhood was Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers.  I loved playing as Dale and I always threw Chip away, whether it's to reach a faraway platform or just for fun.

Did I mention it's REALLY fun throwing Chip?

I second this!  Rescue Rangers is one of the best multiplayer games ever.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)