Author Topic: ps4 dashboard  (Read 1419 times)

ps4 dashboard
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:03 am »
First off... Anyone else hate the menu/dashboard cuz I do. Im wondering if anyone has heard anything about them maybe changing it? Its very unuser friendly. The hole thing is shitty to me. Inviting is terrible(mainly all add username in game crap) anyone else agree or hear anything?
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

scott

Re: ps4 dashboard
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:38 am »
Actually I love the PS4 dashboard. Its so much nicer looking than the XMB on PS3. I've never had a problem finding thing or accessing features on it, whereas the PS3 I was always flipping back and forth looking for where Sony hid things
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:08:45 am »
Actually I love the PS4 dashboard. Its so much nicer looking than the XMB on PS3. I've never had a problem finding thing or accessing features on it, whereas the PS3 I was always flipping back and forth looking for where Sony hid things

This.

Just about anyone & everyone that I know who went from the PS3 to the PS4 has said & thought the same thing.

That said; I suppose that for people who didn't like and/or use the PS3 very much to compare it to - I guess that I can understand that for some people it might take some getting used to...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:23:13 am »
Don't have a PS4 yet but am planning to get one soon.  I've seen videos of the new dashboard, though.  I liked both the XMB and the new dashboards, but then again...  I don't play multi-player games.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:49:23 am »
Idk I hate that you mainly have to invite in game username. You can't just open menu go to friends then invite you have to In the game add there username then invite.. Also when I'm in a game and open menu and click on a few things I hit menu(PS button) and brings up a menu which I figured it should exit instead u have to hit o until it exits. I don't like how you have to click on a few things just to turn controller off and not lastly but you can't customize anything. Idk I guess it will take some getting used too. I still like the pop up dashboard of Xbox 360 way better
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:48 am »
I liked both the XMB and the new dashboards, but then again...  I don't play multi-player games.

This.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:38:09 pm »
I liked the PS3 XMB I guess. Mostly because I could have the fancy animated wallpapers, change background colors, and I could organize things into folders and such.

PS4 dashboard I'm kinda disliking for those reasons. I really don't like how it just dumps every game (that's installed?) right on the main cross bar. It feels like a mess already and this generation has barely begun.

I'd like to be able to create my own tabs and categorize things under them like my PS3 XMB, so I'd have folders for Arcade, Classics, Demos, Betas, and Free Games (PS+ stuff).

And would like to be able to remove or move tabs like the Music/Video Unlimited or Playroom etc.

madmax

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:31 am »
I like the dashboard but I think it needs a few more tweaks here and there. Also needs some customization.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »
I liked the PS3 XMB I guess. Mostly because I could have the fancy animated wallpapers, change background colors, and I could organize things into folders and such.

PS4 dashboard I'm kinda disliking for those reasons. I really don't like how it just dumps every game (that's installed?) right on the main cross bar. It feels like a mess already and this generation has barely begun.

I'd like to be able to create my own tabs and categorize things under them like my PS3 XMB, so I'd have folders for Arcade, Classics, Demos, Betas, and Free Games (PS+ stuff).

And would like to be able to remove or move tabs like the Music/Video Unlimited or Playroom etc.
You hit the nail right on the head! PS4 dash is stupid...

Wait till you have a few games installed and have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:45:52 pm by pceslayer »

argyle

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »
I liked both the XMB and the new dashboards, but then again...  I don't play multi-player games.

Third'd.  Tho I'll say that it seems to me it's only a matter of time before they let you organize installed games into folders or something.  When I first saw how that was handled my first thought was "this could get out of hand quickly." 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis