Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28907 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:36 pm »
Got some cool things today including my copy of Bravely Default CE (and some non-gaming related items but they're badass enough to warrant posting).

NES cart-style Throw Pillows for the game room
Deadman Wonderland vol 1
and yes that is a Frickin shark with a Frickin Laser.

I finally got my Bravery Default CE! Anybody knows how to deal with Amazon's replacement policies for limited edition items? (The inside is even worse than the outside, so I'd love a replacement if they can offer it).
Yikes mine got slightly indented on the back but nothing I would complain about but I would contact Support ASAP if I was you

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2014, 12:19:18 am »
^^^ Very nice! Welcome to the Bravely Default CE club :p

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2014, 12:20:33 am »
Straight from the land of the rising sun. Let the import PS2 insanity begin lol

90snostalga

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2014, 04:44:42 am »
Got Shadowrun and Land Stalker on the Genesis in box from MJMaranan as a trade  :D  Very excited to eventually play these!

bobster

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:48 am »

Oh man I love Gunstar Heroes. Now I'm curious what that game is!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2014, 08:47:28 am »
That looks like Mushihime-sama to me. Nice get!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2014, 09:06:17 am »
I've heard a lot of good from Amazon's policies, so I'll contact them. I'm just really unsure about how much they can do, since they probably have no more copies left... But I'll never know if I never ask!

EDIT: They indeed couldn't exchange my item, so they offered me a partial refund. I'm happy with that result!

Oooooh, nifty! I'll have to start making a list of games to import. But I should learn more Japanese first, too!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:31:40 am by karyann »

bobster

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2014, 01:25:00 pm »
Glad to see you got something Karyann. Hopefully it was enough to make it worth it.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »
Glad to see you got something Karyann. Hopefully it was enough to make it worth it.

Well, money's tight these days, so I'm seeing the bright side of life: if I had a perfect condition box, I'd have less money in my pockets. :P I had a great customer service, and I didn't even expect any kind of refund, so that went pretty well.

scott

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2014, 02:27:01 pm »
Kinda shitty in one way and nice in another. I know I would have been saddened if it was me. They really should ship things like that in cardboard and not envelopes.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2014, 03:17:25 pm »
Funny thing is, they did ship it in a box. But the shipping box was opened on both ends (it was not sealed, so anybody could take what was inside), and the game was completely loose in the box (no newspaper or anything to keep it from sliding everywhere in the shipping box). And when I put my thumb on the big crease, my hand fits almost perfectly in the other creases, so I guess that it isn't shipping (however poor it was) that damaged it, but poor handling when packaging it.

I'm still sad in a way, but I try to be happy instead :P

foxhack

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »
I don't buy stuff from Amazon often for that reason.

They once sent a comic book TPB in a box that was two feet long, one foot wide, and six inches tall. And all that it had inside was the book and some paper! They SUCK at packaging things properly.

So, finds...

The PS1 games were a buck each.

Flashback for CD-I confuses me. I bought it to trade away, but I can't find ANY EVIDENCE of this game being released in the US! All I can find is pictures of European versions. But the box and manual have ESRB artwork... so what the heck?

Ignore that CD. :p

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2014, 05:48:34 pm »
What the hell? I've never heard of a NA release for that. You need to keep that. Could you scan that for us?

foxhack

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2014, 05:54:14 pm »
What the hell? I've never heard of a NA release for that. You need to keep that. Could you scan that for us?
Hopefully. My stupid scanner sucks.

Apparently someone on eBay from Georgia sold one of these for $20 last December. I'll eventually sell or trade it but I'll keep it around for the time being, don't worry.

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »
Oh man I love Gunstar Heroes. Now I'm curious what that game is!

It is called the Treasure Box and it's a compilation of Mega Drive Treasure games. Gunstar Heroes is the headlining game, but it also has Dynamite Headdy and Alien Soldier on it. I honestly bought it for Alien Soldier because that game was never released in North America.