Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29196 times)

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2014, 10:56:59 pm »
Tonight's game chasing treasure:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:47 pm »
Knights of the Round is one of those I've been on the lookout for. I have King of Dragons, and I love it. 16-bit beat em ups are turning into one of my favorite types of games.

« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »
Knights of the Round is one of those I've been on the lookout for. I have King of Dragons, and I love it. 16-bit beat em ups are turning into one of my favorite types of games.

They are a favorite of mine as well from that era. I swear by Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and TMNT Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2014, 11:11:46 pm »

They are a favorite of mine as well from that era. I swear by Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and TMNT Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist.
Don't leave out Batman Returns or you'll be cheating yourself.

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2014, 11:16:52 pm »

That as well :p. Although funny enough, I played the Genesis version way more, which is more of an action platformer than a beat em' up. The SNES version is vastly superior and less infuriating.

scott

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »
Maximum Carnage? Loved that game.

Hyperstone Heist is on my must have list. Hopefully one day I'll snag a copy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:00 pm »

Great games. As long as we're putting additions...I'd also add The Punisher and X-Men 2 on Genesis, and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, Death and Return of Superman, and Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems on SNES to that list of awesome 16-bit beat-em ups. And as was mentioned, Maximum Carnage for both.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:47 am »

Great games. As long as we're putting additions...I'd also add The Punisher and X-Men 2 on Genesis, and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, Death and Return of Superman, and Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems on SNES to that list of awesome 16-bit beat-em ups. And as was mentioned, Maximum Carnage for both.

Sir, I approve of your taste in punching nameless goons. Well played.

spac316

« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2014, 02:54:23 am »
Just got Donkey Kong 3 for NES, Super Thunder Blade for Genesis and Night Warriors(Darkstalkers 2) for Saturn!
Donkey Kong 3 is hard to come by. Congrats. Too bad it's not much fun.
I enjoy it. :P
Nice pick-ups BikingJahuty.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »
Here's some of my most recent pick ups.

Gradius III - $8
Breath of Fire - $5 The label was missing that's why It was so cheap. I just printed and glued on a new one
Dead or Alive/The king of fighters 96 - $5 each
Alien 3 and Afterburner II $13 bucks for both
River Raid/H.E.R.O./Pitfall II for the ColecoVision about $35 all together.
Castlevania III  - $20
CX78 controller or more commonly known as the European 7800 joypad. About $30 bucks including shipping brand new from best electronics
The Master Gear Converter I found at a goodwill for $3 bucks. Although I already had one I pounced on it when I noticed it had a copy of Ys stuck inside it.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:54:58 pm by thecrypticodor »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2014, 01:55:22 pm »
4 ps vita games:
Touch my katamari
Reality fighters
playstation all-star battle royale
ben 10 galactic racing

ds games
inazuma eleven 2 blizzard
Youda legend the curse of the amsterdam diamond
Emily Archer the curse of king tuts tomb
Beyblade metal masters nightmarerex

3ds game
splinter cell 3d

38 euro's  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Sir, I approve of your taste in punching nameless goons. Well played.

Because of this conversation, I pulled out Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems and played some of it last night. Dear lord that game is hard as balls! I don't know how I ever managed to beat it back in the day.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2014, 04:10:14 pm »
Received my (3) pre-ordered CE's of

DangonRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc editions (for the PS Vita)

from NIS America today <3
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »
Tempest 2000 CIB for Windows was $4 at a local thrift and I got my copy of Classic Kong for the SNES. Awesome homebrew port and highly recommended. Piko Interactive made a quality product.

soera

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2014, 08:28:23 pm »
All right, my stuff for February. Picked up Great football and Great baseball SMS NFRs. Got a few more SMS CIBs to fill the wall and down to 6 missing from completion. For the Dragon quest shrine, I got these items :

Since the camera sucks - CIB DW Canadian Mattel version, 3 pack of unopened slime erasers, Victory and DQ VII post cards, treasure chest with 2 slime keychains, and a DQX double system display.