Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28790 times)

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »
Finally added the original Mario Bros. NES cart to my collection.  Now, with nearly half of the NES catalog in my collection, I finally have all of the dozen or so NES games I owned as a kid  ;D

I also decided to delete all the VC, WiiWare and XBLA games from my collection, since they're not physical games I don't really count them as part of my collection.

i did this
i also deleted the strat guides and consoles that didnt come with a game (my zelda WiiU is still there)
also PC games are not in my collection

90snostalga

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 05:48:15 pm »
If you guys haven't noticed, I'm a strictly physical gamer/collector.  I'm not sold on the digital age of gaming.  But if it's anything like digital movies or music, I don't think I want a part of it.  I knew this lady who used to store and download digital HD movies into some cloud storage or something.  She loaded up on Disney movies for her kids; Lion King, Jungle Book and so forth.  So one day she was attempting to play The Lion King and poof it was gone from her cloud along with probably 10 other movies.  She said Disney had some contract dispute or rights dispute/legal matter and a portion of their movies were removed from her collection.  She was so pissed because she paid for these.  They were also a little cheaper than a DVD/Blu Ray.  She emailed Disney and said they could not do anything for her.  I have also heard of issues similar to this with other store and digital movies.  Ever since, she only buys physical movies DVDs.

Do these type of issues or similar one's occur with digital gaming?  I'm not going to switch to digital but I am curious of the pro's and con's of digital gaming.  I read VG posts every day where you all mention something about some digital gaming but I am completely lost lol.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:50:03 pm by 90snostalga »

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:13 pm »
If you guys haven't noticed, I'm a strictly physical gamer/collector.  I'm not sold on the digital age of gaming.  But if it's anything like digital movies or music, I don't think I want a part of it.  I knew this lady who used to store and download digital HD movies into some cloud storage or something.  She loaded up on Disney movies for her kids; Lion King, Jungle Book and so forth.  So one day she was attempting to play The Lion King and poof it was gone from her cloud along with probably 10 other movies.  She said Disney had some contract dispute or rights dispute/legal matter and a portion of their movies were removed from her collection.  She was so pissed because she paid for these.  They were also a little cheaper than a DVD/Blu Ray.  She emailed Disney and said they could not do anything for her.  I have also heard of issues similar to this with other store and digital movies.  Ever since, she only buys physical movies DVDs.

Do these type of issues or similar one's occur with digital gaming?  I'm not going to switch to digital but I am curious of the pro's and con's of digital gaming.  I read VG posts every day where you all mention something about some digital gaming but I am completely lost lol.

chances are the movies were pirated. i know a lot of these clouds have to delete copyrighted material by law. games tend to go to a dedicated server by xbox, playstation, steam, origin etc and because of this they should be fine

but i would rather have a disc any day if the week

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »
Today is my birthday and a metric shit ton of stuff came my way. I'm going to do another video instead of pictures. Those are more fun!

sin2beta

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 07:41:26 pm »
Today is my birthday and a metric shit ton of stuff came my way. I'm going to do another video instead of pictures. Those are more fun!

Damn straight! I've been debating on doing video pickups. Let's start a trend!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 07:46:08 pm »
Funny how you guys are "I'm deleting digital games from my collection."

Meanwhile I'm going through my physical collection picking out stuff to sell. :P

scott

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2014, 08:03:55 pm »
Haha ya, funny how that works.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2014, 08:09:52 pm »
I havent removed all the digital stuff from my collection ... but then again its not a huge collection anyhow. I got a couple of games on my Wii VC (Ys Books I&II and FF mystic quest. All the ones I have a physical copy of as well I removed from my collection on here) and the Marvel pinball game on the PS3. Physically they arent mine to sell/loan out/etc but technically they cant take them away from me so I count them as part of my collection.

jcalder8

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:06 pm »
For me part of the point of tracking my collection is to see when I bought games and for how much. The fact that it is digital only doesn't change the fact that I bought it.

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2014, 09:10:29 pm »
Here's a photo of me and the accompanying article on my views of cloud gaming

sin2beta

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2014, 09:59:42 pm »
Here's a photo of me and the accompanying article on my views of cloud gaming

That's funny.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

90snostalga

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »

chances are the movies were pirated. i know a lot of these clouds have to delete copyrighted material by law. games tend to go to a dedicated server by xbox, playstation, steam, origin etc and because of this they should be fine

but i would rather have a disc any day if the week

These were digital hd.  Sometimes you can buy a dvd combo pack with a digital hd disk or download it straight from net.  These that she got was directly from Sony.  Sony has a list of movies you can buy from them in digital hd.  It was legit from Sony but she's had movies come up missing out of no where.  I've heard of this multiple times but it could only be with movies.

I guess my take on digital gaming is, I dont want to spend any time downloading a game, and i dont want the inconvenience of filling up memory and having to delete or switch sd card of hard drive or however it is done.  I like the convenience of having the game to play at any time with popping it in and playing :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2014, 12:38:34 am »
If you have 8 1/2 min and want to look at my beautiful mug, have I got the thing for you!  It's a shitty pickup video!

90snostalga

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2014, 01:30:16 am »
If you have 8 1/2 min and want to look at my beautiful mug, have I got the thing for you!  It's a shitty pickup video!

omg!  Look at Turf!!!  Now has a consistent Youtbue series!  I"m about to watch now!   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

90snostalga

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2014, 01:42:00 am »
Everyone please watch!  Fantastic video  8)  And he got a hair cut  8)

I'm so jealous of the Jetsons game you got.  I want that game so bad but congrats :)  The lunch box is awesome, the special beer advertisement is awesome, you make great videos tho' i do not get the spoon/fork joke lol.

I've got to show this to my wife and maybe she will surprise me on my bday with all these gifts.

You make me want to do a video man.  I'm scared to do one tho'.

If it's okay I quoted you on my left side forums text under my avatar.  And If I am over complimenting, sorry but I am a huge fan of your videos now
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:44:52 am by 90snostalga »