Author Topic: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28785 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: February 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2014, 01:52:28 am »
Thanks. I have fun doing these.  I'm not going to edit or even watch these videos before I put them up.  It takes out some stress of trying to make it perfect.

I've been on the lookout for the Jetsons for nearly a year.  Back in the 2014 collecting goals, I said this was 1 of the 2 games I would get this year.  Wacky Races is the other one.  The Save Your Change Folks v3.0 is coming up, and Daddy's got a whole mug full of change.

I played Alien vs. Predator for a while this evening.  I like it.  I was really hoping for something closer to the arcade game, but I like Beat 'em ups.  It's fun.

I didn't figure anyone would notice the haircut either.

90snostalga

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2014, 01:54:46 am »
The Save Your Change Folks v3.0 is coming up, and Daddy's got a whole mug full of change.

???????

90snostalga

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2014, 01:56:49 am »
I've been on the lookout for the Jetsons for nearly a year.  Back in the 2014 collecting goals, I said this was 1 of the 2 games I would get this year.  Wacky Races is the other one.

Yea those Hanna Barbera and Disney NES games have a passion in my heart and a big nostalgia factor for me from playing them as a kid and I would like to get them all one day.  Its like, I want to save up to get wacky races, jetsons, chip n dale 2, duck tales 2, etc. CIB; however, with the price of those, I think it's better to might as well save up for the big dog The Flintstones ya know...

Oh, I wanted to mention that the Alf SMS is a very cool find  :)  And Contra, I unfortunately, sad to admit, have never played.  You're persuading me to want to give it a try one day.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:00:05 am by 90snostalga »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2014, 02:12:30 am »
The Save Your Change Folks v3.0 is coming up, and Daddy's got a whole mug full of change.

???????

Here's the thread. It's not too late to join up.
http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4122.msg44274.html#msg44274

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2014, 10:36:47 am »
Picked these up last night while hunting for games. Bravely Default Collector's Edition took FOREVER to find, but I was lucky enough to track one down that didn't have a name on it. While out an about I also snagged the other games; paid close to $20 combined for Ikaruga, the GC memory card and Buffy.

scott

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2014, 11:02:05 am »
lol, don't remind me that I need Ikaruga on GC...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:45 am »
^ Chaos Bleeds is a surprisingly fun game. I played quite a while back, now. I'm not even a big Buffy fan, and I had a good time with it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2014, 11:48:04 am »
If you have 8 1/2 min and want to look at my beautiful mug, have I got the thing for you!  It's a shitty pickup video!

I liked it. I subscribed! It makes it more interesting since we know you. But you don't have to keep downplaying it and acting like you're annoying the viewer, we wouldn't be watching it if that was the case. One more thing, give just a smidgen more screen time for some of those games. You flashed some of those so fast, you couldn't see the cover or label at all.

Noticed the accent. Where are you from? Tennessee area?

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2014, 11:49:32 am »
i really want ikaruga but its always $20+

jcalder8

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:25 am »
Great price on Ikaruga! I want to get it but I am really terrible at bullet hells so I won't spend much on it.

90snostalga

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »

I liked it. I subscribed! It makes it more interesting since we know you. But you don't have to keep downplaying it and acting like you're annoying the viewer, we wouldn't be watching it if that was the case. One more thing, give just a smidgen more screen time for some of those games. You flashed some of those so fast, you couldn't see the cover or label at all.

His videos make me want to start my own series with no editing or anything.  Very motivational.  And Turf's downplaying of his videos is a marketing tool.  That's how he gets people to watch it  ;)

karyann

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2014, 01:32:12 pm »
I can't seem to see Turf's video for now, so that'll have to wait until later  :-\

I just wanted to add to the "not counting digital games" conversation with this: I don't count my digital games in my "total games" count, but I do list them here because I like to know everything I have. I just don't list them in my own spreadsheet (yeah, I keep a separate file; I use it to know exactly how many games are in my collection, according to my standards!)

And I'm still waiting for my Bravery Default CE, since it's from Amazon it should be here by Monday, but nobody's gonna be home before 6:00 PM, so I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get it... I've got NO time to play it, but I'll try to. People are getting me excited to play it  :o

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »

North Central Arkansas, but you're real close. 
I was flashing the games up quick because I didn't want it to drag on. I had a ton of stuff to get through and was trying to stay under 5 min. 
You guys give me way too much credit about having a marketing strategy.  I'm doing this because I thought it was fun.  If someone wants to watch it, that's just a bonus. I'm taking request by the way.  I appreciate all the feedback though.  It'll help this thing get better.

Look over in the Classic Game category.  There's going to be more to look at there.

scott

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »
Hey I got a pick up!

Actually I won these on ebay a couple weeks ago and they just arrived from the Netherlands! I need to find a cheap frame for them so I can hang them up in the game room.

Any of our overseas friends able to translate the bottom text for me? Google Translate is being annoying.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:39:14 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »
If you cant get them translated, I know someone who should be able to do it.

Those stickers are pretty nice. Wonder how you found those things!