Author Topic: Moving an AU listing from EU to AU rejected  (Read 1380 times)

Veilor

Moving an AU listing from EU to AU rejected
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:12:35 am »
Why?
This is clearly an AU game http://vgcollect.com/item/19177, there is a PS3 AU category, it should be there.

There's several games in the EU category that should be moved there aswell.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:15:16 am by Veilor »

foxhack

Re: Moving an AU listing from EU to AU rejected
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:34:48 am »
We can't change listings without making sure the changes are 100% justified.

It's one thing to move an item that only one person has, and the person asking for the change is the owner (this happens more often than you think, people make mistakes when adding new games.) But when an item is already owned by other people, we have to be careful and make sure that the listing won't affect their collection negatively. Imagine you have a game that is obviously Australian, and someone changes it to an America version - and then you find yourself with an American game for some reason. You'd probably be angry.

So sorry about this mess. I didn't mean to make you angry. :(

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00:48 am »
This is a strange one though. The title of the game says AU right in it, but yet it is listed in EU. I think we'd be safe to move this one, right?

The listing was also created by kirbysuperstar who posts here so we could figure out his intention.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:06:26 am by matt »

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:04:50 am »
Ya I would think so. And Delete the (AU) from the title.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:03:47 pm »
He's not why I didn't change the item - it's the other guy who has the item in his collection. Judging from his profile, he's French. I wanted to hold off on the changes because I wasn't sure if he'd be affected by the move.

Of course, now that I actually look at his profile, I find out that his IP is that of a friggin' spambot.

So yeah. Mea culpa. Please make the changes. Sorry. :(

Veilor

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »
Fox, I see what you mean. But there's several games with AU ratings in the EU section. If someone searches the EU section, finds one with AU rating and decides to create a new one with the correct rating/ratings the EU section will be flooded with two or three(maybe even four!) of one game. I say just move them to the correct category or change the box art to a EU rating one. As it is now I think some people just added because the games are in the EU category thinking "hey it's the eu version I'll add it" not looking twice at the box art to see the AU rating.

This one comes to mind http://vgcollect.com/item/19172, looking at everyone that has added it to collection. NO ONE has any AU category games.

Sorry if I uhm sound...like I do. I just want the database cleaned up! :)

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »
Fox, I see what you mean. But there's several games with AU ratings in the EU section. If someone searches the EU section, finds one with AU rating and decides to create a new one with the correct rating/ratings the EU section will be flooded with two or three(maybe even four!) of one game. I say just move them to the correct category or change the box art to a EU rating one. As it is now I think some people just added because the games are in the EU category thinking "hey it's the eu version I'll add it" not looking twice at the box art to see the AU rating.

This one comes to mind http://vgcollect.com/item/19172, looking at everyone that has added it to collection. NO ONE has any AU category games.

Sorry if I uhm sound...like I do. I just want the database cleaned up! :)
I don't know why kirby of all people added Aussie games as European... since he's ACTUALLY AUSTRALIAN.

It might be easier to just make new Aussie listings for him than modify entries for everyone else who isn't even Australian. We can't just change things without considering everyone else... not without a way of telling them that their listings have been changed...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:24:32 pm by foxhack »

matt

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:25:37 am »
It's possible that we didn't have an AU category when those were created. Regardless anytime we change a region we want to be absolutely sure. More often than not the answer will be to just create a new game in the correct region that way we don't surprise people with changes to their collection.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 12:35:57 pm »
On a similar subject, I just added Worms Collection for PS3 [NA]. I originally thought this was the EU release but it is in fact an NA release. The NA version was released by Maximum Games.